PDA

View Full Version : Is America's government too religious.

CaptainStanky
06-29-2005, 12:25 PM
I think that America should have a seperation of church and state but we do not. "In God We Trust" Is printed on our money, my High school has a "Christians at perry" club but not an athiest club. Churches are built on every street corner while children are left starving. I may be wrong and This is the way "God" wants it, but its not the way I want it...But hey im only 14, but my balls have dropped and atlest I think for myself.

TheUnholyNightbringer
06-29-2005, 08:44 PM
An "Atheists Club"? How would that work?

"So, everyone, do we still believe in nothing?"

"Yup."

" 'Kay, same time next week."

0r4ng3
06-29-2005, 08:47 PM

It probably looks better for college, being in a club and all. Actually, it might look worse.

coke_a_holic
06-29-2005, 09:12 PM
Don't forget about how in Court we swear on the Bible. I wonder if Muslim's have to swear on the Quran...

Jebus
06-29-2005, 09:20 PM
my High school has a "Christians at perry" club
It's not like your school started those clubs.

but not an athiest club.
Lolz

Endymion
06-29-2005, 09:39 PM
I think that America should have a seperation of church and state but we do not. "In God We Trust" Is printed on our money, my High school has a "Christians at perry" club but not an athiest club. Churches are built on every street corner while children are left starving. I may be wrong and This is the way "God" wants it, but its not the way I want it...But hey im only 14, but my balls have dropped and atlest I think for myself.
does what's printed on the money make the government have an official religion? why don't you start an atheist club, some student started the christian club. the government didn't build those churches.

SkunkIt
06-29-2005, 11:15 PM
It is too religious, they should just let people worship whatever they want. They also shouldn't put "In God we Trust" on their money.

http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/infrastructure/images/back1003b.jpg

wheelchairman
06-30-2005, 02:34 AM
does what's printed on the money make the government have an official religion?
Multi-cultural governments have a responsibility to stay neutral.

patch
06-30-2005, 02:39 AM
That Is A Lie I Just Wanted To Vote Differently To Every One Else

Not Ozymandias
06-30-2005, 02:44 AM
If you wanted to be different there's always suicide...

Sin Studly
06-30-2005, 12:19 PM

No they don't. We never asked for these damn mudskins to move in, if they wanna live here they can learn our language and culture and religion, dammit.

CaptainStanky
06-30-2005, 12:28 PM
That's why your a moron. Stop thinking. Go out and learn. Start actually knowing something before you think and speak.

Im speaking from my own experiences in everday life, like hearing "God Bless You" over the announcements DAY AFTER DAY at school, from my English teacher having a seperate bookshelf for christian books because "If someone without the same belifs picked them up they may be offended no matter if they're wrong or not". Also your saying I should stop thinking because I have seperate beliefs than you?, and I need to learn more? All I posted was facts about my school and U.S Currency, so instead of just insulting me why dont you actually post facts instead of opinions so maybe I would learn something new...

wheelchairman
06-30-2005, 12:56 PM
No they don't. We never asked for these damn mudskins to move in, if they wanna live here they can learn our language and culture and religion, dammit.
In an American context, the black nation was dragged their to work the fields. The indigenous people were nearly exterminated. It's the responsibility and obligation of the US Government, to take care of their past mistakes.

The same counts for Australia. The indigenous peoples really have no reason to integrate, and I'd even support active work on their parts against attempts at integration. Furthermore, the "mudskins" are kept artificially poorer than their "Pure-skin" counterparts. Until this problem is fixed, I really do sympathise with their anger.

T-6005
06-30-2005, 01:07 PM

I'll agree with that, assuming that the government claims to adequately represents each facet of its population. Which I believe is the case with the United States.

Green_Day
06-30-2005, 01:10 PM
they r not religious, they just pretend they r, so religious ppl follows them...

0r4ng3
06-30-2005, 02:45 PM
In most cases, that would be true, but we invited all the "mudskins" here, and some we brought here against their will.

panzor41
06-30-2005, 02:46 PM

"Yup."

wonderful....this post made my day. lol

CaptainStanky
06-30-2005, 03:12 PM
Whats with saying mudskins, crackers?(im white so go ahead and bitch at me for saying crackers idc haha)

CaptainStanky
06-30-2005, 03:14 PM

"Yup."

Ya i admit it was stupid to say that, i apologize

"so do we still believe gods real and we're all going to heaven as long as we are his bitches"

"Yup"

"'Kay, same time next week."

Jebus
06-30-2005, 04:03 PM

"so do we still believe gods real and we're all going to heaven as long as we are his bitches"

"Yup"

That was just as stupid.

CaptainStanky
06-30-2005, 04:54 PM
Thanks, It means alot coming for you

TheUnholyNightbringer
06-30-2005, 06:18 PM

"Yup"

But that's just stupid. There's so much you can talk about in a religious group - issues relating to the religion, how religion affects the individual, how each individual interprets the religion, etc etc etc. I don't see how an atheist club would work.

0r4ng3
06-30-2005, 06:25 PM
It would make more sense if there was basically a religion club, where people discuss any religion, including atheism.

Wait, that probably wouldn't work either.

TheUnholyNightbringer
06-30-2005, 06:28 PM
Perhaps a Christianity Club? Where different denominations of Christianity discuss their various differences and similarities?

I think multi-religion would be too much - they're too different to each other.

Jebus
06-30-2005, 06:38 PM
It would make more sense if there was basically a religion club, where people discuss any religion, including atheism.

Wait, that probably wouldn't work either.
That's why school allows more than one type of club. If it was one club for all religions, there would probably be some violence sometime.

0r4ng3
06-30-2005, 06:58 PM
That's why school allows more than one type of club. If it was one club for all religions, there would probably be some violence sometime.
That's exactly why I thought it would be a bad idea. Atheism really shouldn't have a club, because there's no belief, except for the lack thereof.

coke_a_holic
06-30-2005, 09:11 PM
But hey im only 14
Absolutely no excuse. I'm fourteen as well.

Jebus
06-30-2005, 10:00 PM
Long post
OMG, that's just like real life. You need to write a sequel.

Not Ozymandias
07-01-2005, 12:05 AM
This thread is way too long for such a no-brainer.

Sin Studly
07-01-2005, 04:15 AM
The same counts for Australia. The indigenous peoples really have no reason to integrate, and I'd even support active work on their parts against attempts at integration. Furthermore, the "mudskins" are kept artificially poorer than their "Pure-skin" counterparts. Until this problem is fixed, I really do sympathise with their anger.

Sympathise with their anger when you've visited this place. Sympathise with their anger when one's threatening to stab with you with a dirty ultrafine unless you give him money you don't have. Tell them how you're sensitive to his plight, and want to work with him to increase the quality of his peoples living conditions. Draft up a manifesto while you're waiting for your AIDs test to come back.

What I say about other races may be stereotyping and wild exaduration, but in this town nothing I say about the boongs is any worse than the ugly truth. That there are tribes of them living within a two minute walk from my house, that they're all alcoholics, most of them are meth-bangers, most of them have some form of hep, all of them are violent, most are mentally unstable, and they bash, stab, kill and rape whitey, gender-indiscriminately. Twas about a week ago they gangraped a white boy a block from my house, two weeks ago they held up the local supermarket with a needle again, it goes on and on and on.

When I have a sawed-off shotgun under my jacket, I'll stop being racist. I promise. Until then I'll vote for anyone who supports finishing what we started in the 1800s.

wheelchairman
07-01-2005, 06:30 AM
I've been attacked on the train by an Iraqi (my accent is noticeably American), so I know they can be violent. As I've said, it's all a part of their environment.

Your government fucked up in the best. Then it fucked up trying to fix it's mistakes. Now it's fucking everything up.

Their behaviour isn't because of race, the same thing is true of every group of people who's been in their situation or similar situations. Personally I'd support the creation of their own nation segregated from the nation of Australia. But that's complicated.

barangatang
07-01-2005, 07:08 AM
Don't forget about how in Court we swear on the Bible. I wonder if Muslim's have to swear on the Quran...

or if jews have 2 swear on the torah

Sin Studly
07-01-2005, 08:17 AM
Their behaviour isn't because of race

I know that. But it's still safe (and correct) to assume the overwhelming majority of the race behave that way, and therefore want them to be exterminated so I can walk to the shop for a skin of wine without them all up over me.

CaptainStanky
07-01-2005, 02:47 PM
But that's just stupid. There's so much you can talk about in a religious group - issues relating to the religion, how religion affects the individual, how each individual interprets the religion, etc etc etc. I don't see how an atheist club would work.

WTF PEOPLE!? my point wasnt that there shoud/shouldnt be an athiest club...My point was that there are religeous groups(Clubs) in highschool...

ShadowPyro
07-01-2005, 03:54 PM
WTF PEOPLE!? my point wasnt that there shoud/shouldnt be an athiest club...My point was that there are religeous groups(Clubs) in highschool...
Your school and Government doesnt make those clubs.

Bored Christian highschoolers do.

CaptainStanky
07-01-2005, 06:04 PM
Your school and Government doesnt make those clubs.

Bored Christian highschoolers do.

Yes but they allow it...Who makes the schools, the government. who allows them to make these "clubs", the school admin...

Noodles is gay
07-01-2005, 06:41 PM
They also shouldn't put "In God we Trust" on their money.

They shouldn't say "god bless America" either, but they still do. And then they have the audacity to say that the British are arrogant!

coke_a_holic
07-01-2005, 06:56 PM
And then they have the audacity to say that the British are arrogant!
They are. We just are as well.

0r4ng3
07-01-2005, 07:13 PM
They are. We just are as well.
Yes, we're just better known for it.

TheUnholyNightbringer
07-01-2005, 08:51 PM
They shouldn't say "god bless America" either, but they still do. And then they have the audacity to say that the British are arrogant!

Having pride in one's country is arrogant.. how?

CaptainStanky
07-01-2005, 11:33 PM

I don't think anyone is arrogent depending on where they come from...Xcept for americans, we are dumbfucks and w/e the hell fuckers like George Bush get us into, we deserve it... But all that shits ok as long as we do it for god...

TheUnholyNightbringer
07-02-2005, 09:29 AM
I don't think anyone is arrogent depending on where they come from...Xcept for americans, we are dumbfucks and w/e the hell fuckers like George Bush get us into, we deserve it... But all that shits ok as long as we do it for god...

I really, really hope that last sentence was sarcastic.

Endymion
07-02-2005, 09:45 AM

use your brain the slightest bit--what would happen if the schools limited student-organized clubs based on religion?

the point is NOT that there are religious clubs in schools, the point is that students are freely allowed to self-organize under whatever banner they want so long as it doesn't blatantly offend anyone (ie no "darkies must die" club), or otherwise illegal activities (i tried a gambling club, didn't fly). what is ILLEGAL about a bunch of students saying "hey, we have our love of christianity in common, why don't we meet about it every week?"

and jenny...
number of V2 rockets rained upon UK cities: 1402
number of V2 rockets rained upon US cities: 0
'nuff said.

the_GoDdEsS
07-02-2005, 09:59 AM
Don't you think it might be due to the old values? I mean, go back to the Puritans and all that. I've noticed the "God bless America" thing and that there's a lot of religious stuff going on but is it really forcing itself upon you? How does it limit your freedom to choose your own religion or atheism? And then again, you don't have to identify yourself with all your country's decisions and values.

ShadowPyro
07-02-2005, 10:39 AM
Yes but they allow it...Who makes the schools, the government. who allows them to make these "clubs", the school admin...
So? He'd let you make a club about anything.... Well, mostly anything.

EDIT: And i'm a dumbass. Endymion already got my point across, better then I did.

wheelchairman
07-06-2005, 08:28 AM
I know that. But it's still safe (and correct) to assume the overwhelming majority of the race behave that way, and therefore want them to be exterminated so I can walk to the shop for a skin of wine without them all up over me.
Again wrong.

It'd be safe to assume, that their race, in that part of australia, in that social class, thinks the same way. I would doubt the middle class abos would approve.

Telekinesis
10-30-2005, 02:32 AM
That really long post about The Atheist Club

I think Melvin sounds hot, lol, I wonder what he would say if a girl came on to him, lol, but seriously he sounds really cool, as someone else said, you need to write a sequel

Offspring7
10-30-2005, 11:19 AM
My school has a Fellowship for Christian Athletes club. There is no specific religion club, but theres an FCA. They get together and talk about the bible and how it relates to life. We talk about premarital sex and underage drinking a lot.

Sin Studly
10-30-2005, 10:31 PM
Again wrong.

It'd be safe to assume, that their race, in that part of australia, in that social class, thinks the same way. I would doubt the middle class abos would approve.

Mi...middle class abos? *stares blankly*

Lithuanian Offspring
10-31-2005, 01:36 AM
You know, I go to high school with a lot of idiots that love to discuss religion. I could totally see it work. I could easily imagine them having an Atheist club. And I'm stoned enough that I did, and then wrote it down:

Characters:

Mr. Darren, 31 years old-Teacher supervising the club meetings every Tuesday

Jared, 16 y/o-Club president. Wants to make a difference, and show people how like, religion is bad, and stuff.

Clair,15-gothz0rz to the max. She's sickly pale except for a few red scratches on her wrist. They look like paper-cuts. Typical Goth clothing, fishnets, pins, ect. She's actually kind of attractive, and it's ironic that her slipknot shirt shows off her cleavage nicely.

Alex,14.5-Has no balls and an obsession with Clair. He follows her everywhere and pretends to be gothic.

Donovan,17-a 6’4’’, 280 lb. computer geek who has no religion because he’s also a science class geek. He thinks that the club is immature, but this is his only way to socialize. He’s very, very lonely.

Chad, 14- Dirt poor and the biggest stoner in the freshman class, he’s here because it’s air-conditioned and he can’t get a ride until 4:30. He also looks exactly like shaggy from Scooby Doo.

Britney, 16- a semi intelligent punk rock girl. She’s good in school but has moronic opinions borrowed from t-shirts and pins at hot topic.

Michelle, 18-Michelle is a rather boring WASP who goes to church all the time. It’s bland, like her, so she finds other bland people there. Mr. Darren permitted her to watch the meetings for some report that she’ll read at her youth center meeting.

Melvin, 13-Melvin never talks in class. He’s very antisocial, and nobody knows why. If you talk to him he just stares at you with these really evil looking eyes. Shit, even his name is Melvin. He makes good grades so, having a summer birthday, they let him skip a grade. He’s about 4’4, 90 lbs. Everyday he wears a white t-shirt, khaki shorts, and the same pair of black tennis shoes.

Vladimir and his sister, 16-twins form Soviet Union. They come America when children. They like Rock music and hate government. Their parents were in USSR, so they have no religion. But some reason even though living in America for most of life, have very bad s accents. And they aren’t really Russian accents either. Big plot hole there. You’ll have to deal with it.
“Hello Melvin” says Michelle.
Melvin doesn’t reply. But he stands up and robotically clears the center of the room, then arranges 10 desks in a circle. While he’s doing this, all the other members walk in except Chad.
“Hi everybody” Says Jared.
Some members say hello, others say nothing. Clair says hello sarcastically. Alex forces a laugh and imitates her.
“Uuughh, Not so loud” says Mr. Darren, who is clearly hung over. He takes several folders and stands them up to block out the light, then puts his head down on his desk.
“So then the bitch was all like, ‘God loves you’…” says Clair, continuing the conversation she was having with Britney while she was chain smoking outside. But being an attention whore, she says it loud enough that the whole group hears
“And so I was all like, ‘if he loves me so much, then why is everything so fucking hard in my life. If god loves me so much, then why do I feel depressed enough to do this!?’” says Clair, showing the weak lacerations on her wrist.
“Cool” says Alex, who nobody pays attention to
“Shouldn’t we be talking about atheism? I believe today’s topic is atheist oppression, girls” says Donovan, trying to throw in a raised eyebrow that he thinks would look sexy, but he ends up looking like a fat Jim Carey with glasses.
“Thank you” Says Jared. “We are all atheists here, because we’re not going to be brainwashed into thinking that there’s a god.”
“Yeah!” says Vladimir for some reason
“So we should all make posters to show how people are trying to brainwash us atheists into being religious”
“That was precisely what we participated in the week of last” Says Donovan, failing at sounding intelligent. He then strokes his patchy, pimply, pubescent beard.
“Yes true” “we should do other ting” “last week posters got ripped” “and week before too” say the Russian twins, finishing where one left on in a creepy way
At this point Chad walks in. His eyes are as droopy as humanly possible without closing completely, and he smells so strongly of Axe deodorant Body spray they can smell him from 10 yards away standing at the doorway.
“What are we doin?” he asks “posters?”
“Yes, says Michelle”
“Alright” he says, grabs a poster and starts coloring. He is too stoned to notice nobody else is, but it’s kind of awkward so they all start coloring too.
The next 15 minutes go by very uneventfully. Melvin is coloring at lightning speed, and the sound is kind of annoying. Without asking he takes every crayon from Clair, but that’s ok because Clair only uses black. When he finishes, he eats the tip off the orange one.
“Okay, let’s see what everyone wrote made” says Jared.
Clair goes first, and kills the next 8 minutes with poetry about being depressed and how terrible her life is. If Mr. Darren didn’t want to fuck her, he would have cut her off when she began with “last night I slit my wrist again because….”
Next is Alex, who also tries to read gothic poetry. After 4 seconds Mr. Darren says”, I’m sorry Alex, that is off topic and a waste of our time, please sit down.” Alex sits down without a rebuttal, and Mr. Darren goes back to his folder fort to try and nap.
Then goes Britney, who drew a picture of a cross with a red line through it, then some band lyrics underneath that, and topped it all off with anarchy signs everywhere.
“You all are off topic, let me show you what it’s supposed to look like.” Says Jared, who shows his picture of a dollar bill he drew, but with a circle around the words’in God we trust’ followed by some incoherent rant about subliminal messaging by religion in order to convert you.
Donovan stands up suddenly, and lets out a small fart. Only Melvin heard it. He says nothing, and stares at his poster unblinkingly as he did for the other presentations. Donovan’s poster explains the big bang theory. Since he thinks looking smart will get him chicks, he uses so much scientific mumbo jumbo and such an articulate vocabulary nobody understands him. He goes on in explanation for a good 10 minutes, boring everyone. During this time Clair talks with Britney, and Alex tries desperately to listen. Vladimir takes out his tape player. What the fuck Vlad, a tape player? Nobody uses those. He begins to bob his head up and down. His sister asks him a question in Russian, so he stops the tape and asks what? Then once he’s answered, he starts the music and retarded head bobbing again, only to have her ask another question five seconds later. They repeat like, 7 or 8 times. Chad falls asleep. Melvin sees an ant on his desk, and crushes it with his thumb without taking his eyes off his drawing.
“Okay” says Jared after he felt he was polite long enough. He looks around. “What did Chad draw?”
Michelle picks up his poster. “He wrote his name in really cool letter” she said, and held it up. It was true, the letters C-H-A-D were drawn in a very cool looking way.
“Luk at mine” said a Russian, and they both stand up. One had drawn an ordinary village, where all the peasants seemed to be happy and dancing. The other drew the same village, but with a large cathedral towering over it. “All the peoples is poor because they gave their dollars to build church” said another Russian. They both sit down.
Awkward silence…................................
“What did you draw, Melvin?” asked Jared. Melvin still has his thumb on the ant he killed, and is still staring at his poster. He looks up, and holds the poster in front of him, blocking his face. It is an incredibly well drawn imitation of the Sistine Chapel. He then begins to slowly tear it down the center. Being poster board, it tears very loudly. The next 40 seconds or so he continues to very loudly and slowly, and quite awkwardly tear the paper. It is so loud it wakes up Chad and Mr. Darren actually looks up from his stupor to see what the fuck that noise is. Finally he finishes, and he’s torn the paper exactly where the two people’s fingers are almost touching. He pokes his head through the gap and says very quickly ‘separate god from man!’
The last minute having been one of the most awkward of his life, Jared looks desperate to leave. “So,” he begins ”everyone, do we still believe in nothing?”
“Yup” they all answer. “Ok then, same time next week”
That was awesome.

.:SMASH:.
10-31-2005, 01:37 AM
does everyone hear happen to listen to green day?

Lithuanian Offspring
10-31-2005, 01:43 AM
Why shouldn't they? Those people have the right to start any club they want. Because there's something called freedom of speech.

Lithuanian Offspring
10-31-2005, 01:53 AM
does everyone hear happen to listen to green day?
I don't know how people can't get bored of their music. When American idiot came out I thought it was awesome, but now in retrospect it is just annoying. And all of these "hardcore/12yearold/uber/punks" that only listen to American Idiot reallly piss me off.

Offspring7
11-01-2005, 08:19 PM
Why shouldn't they? Those people have the right to start any club they want. Because there's something called freedom of speech.

actually for the Fellowship of Christian Athletes club, we're not allowed to advertise our meetings. its like a word of mouth thing and meetings are only held once and month and at a person's house, not our school. obviously since the club deals with religion, we weren't allowed to let it be a big thing. we weren't even allowed to have a club photo in the yearbook because as far as the school's concerned, we don't exist.

Italia311
11-01-2005, 09:16 PM
Why do people who don't believe in God or follow a religion choose to take time out of their day to insult God or a religion? I don't get it? Why do these people even give a fuck? Why do they consantly have to reassure themselves that its bullshit? What are they proving to themselves?

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
11-03-2005, 04:24 PM
It is too religious, they should just let people worship whatever they want. They also shouldn't put "In God we Trust" on their money.

http://www.fhwa.dot.gfov/infrastructure/images/back1003b.jpg

They just put that there to try and confuse people that money is all holy, and it's right to God.