PDA

View Full Version : meeting offspring

Nirushika6789
06-29-2005, 04:29 PM
anyone got any tips as how to get their attention?? :p
keep in mind im 14

has anyyone met them??(*jealous*lol)
how did u meet them and wot didu do to get to do that?
lookin to know cos im going to their glasgow show in sept :D

thanks

Faded Soul
06-29-2005, 06:02 PM
well I guess, I just kinda met Dexter. I watched his plane taxi and take off from the airport.

leo3375
06-29-2005, 06:04 PM
There are too many of these posts!

Anyhoo, you want to know how to meet them, right? All you need to do is be in the right place at the right time and talk to the right people. That's the gist of it.

Like a magician, I can't reveal all my secrets. Likewise, I fear the wrath and envy of others by telling my stories.

Faded Soul
06-29-2005, 06:17 PM
There are too many of these posts!

Anyhoo, you want to know how to meet them, right? All you need to do is be in the right place at the right time and talk to the right people. That's the gist of it.

Like a magician, I can't reveal all my secrets. Likewise, I fear the wrath and envy of others by telling my stories.

the trick is to be at the right place, at the right time.

rocketman
06-29-2005, 06:41 PM
i'm just gonna try to stand by their stage before and after they play....i think that would be the best thing to do, just stand by the stage they play on.

nightrider
06-30-2005, 02:51 AM
i met them i just walked up to dex when i saw him talking to other bands at their tents :cool: bonner spirngs reprisent!

BuTTeRS_3000
06-30-2005, 11:01 AM
yeah because im gonning to see them in like a hour so how can i meet em

im thinkin of throwin my hat on stage with a note in iy wit my # and a note to thx them for being who they r

implode
06-30-2005, 11:11 AM
Well I met them but it was more a lucky shot in the dark as I won an online contest by suggesting a good interview question for a live interview.

My best advice is usually trespassing in backstage areas--and can get your self in serious trouble. Worst case scenario is you get arrested and tossed from an event if its still going on. Best case scenario is you don't get caught at all.

I target/watch several security areas during a show and target one where the person watching it is the least observant. I wait until someone is going through and usually follow someone else through the gate. Once backstage I wander around and follow the signs to the band I want the autograph from.

So your asking if I'm making this up--here is a true story. I wanted an everclear autograph badly so I'm with my friend Elizabeth. Its imemdiatly after a show and their is only 1 guard at this gate. I casually follow a roadie with credentials inside the fenced off area. I double back from backstage and motion to the guard to let my firend back who is waiting near the gate--and he lets her in to see me. We later get everclear and gravity kills autographs. They are really cool and let us view film of the show from the back of the production truck.

Another bit of advice is knowing names of people putting on the shows--if you can drop names of production crew or event sponsership that is often a great way to get backstage without credentials.