PDA

View Full Version : you will never guess what I just witnessed.

Faded Soul
06-29-2005, 06:58 PM
I just witnessed, Dexter taxing and taking off in his airplane! my brother met him. he called me while I was trying to find a parking spot at warped and said, you'll never guess who I just shook hands with....my brother works at Deer Valley Aiport.

then he calls me after I get back and said Dexter was back and leaving, get my ass there NOW. but, thanks to the Loop 101 being jammed I had to take a detour, so I ended up only see him taking off. I was atleast less than 15 feet from the plane. and my brother did get me an autograph. if I can figure out how to work this scanner, I'll post it. plus I'm waiting for pics that my brother's co-workers took, to arrive in an email.

Noodles, if you read this, tell Dexter I'm sorry I missed him. And thanks for putting on a great show today.

Mannen som blev en gris
06-30-2005, 07:46 AM
This actually belongs in "General Offspring Discussion". Cool story though. :)

Linda
06-30-2005, 01:05 PM
How did your darn bro get so lucky?! :mad: That sucks that you didn't get to actually meet him, but the autograph is so cool! :D

White Goodman
06-30-2005, 01:10 PM
Your brother is a lucky son of a bitch

panzor41
06-30-2005, 02:48 PM
I would have flipped if i was that close to meeting him.....probably jump in front of his plane to stop him....lol

Jhonny
06-30-2005, 03:12 PM
Jump in front of the plane, bwaajahahahhaha :rolleyes: :)

Mentally_Challenged
06-30-2005, 03:29 PM
Aww....damn all the lucky people who've ment any of the band... Grrr! 'Tiz so damn unfair. Damn Britain to hell! Argh!

Faded Soul
06-30-2005, 05:02 PM
I would have flipped if i was that close to meeting him.....probably jump in front of his plane to stop him....lol

well....when my brother told me to haul ass there, I said, he's still there, isn't he? brother said no......and as soon as I got to the airport (if you go along Deer Valley Rd from the east you can see the tarmac and lots of planes) at first glimse, I saw the plane, I FLIPPED "HE'S STILL THERE!!!!!" I nearly cried. true story. haha.

Faded Soul
06-30-2005, 05:06 PM
How did your darn bro get so lucky?! :mad: That sucks that you didn't get to actually meet him, but the autograph is so cool! :D

uhhh it's part of his job. lol he sees lots of local celebs, like ex-mayor Skip Rimza (who also shops at my store), a guy who re-builds motorcycles like west coast choppers (I've seen his plane). plus many more.

I didnt' actually meet him, no, but he did wave to me from the plane. If the loop 101 wasn't jammed, and i got there sooner, I probably would have been able to talk to him, because he was pre-flighting.

oh and I realize this is the wrong forum, I did post this in Tour, but most of my friends here go here.

Linda
06-30-2005, 05:33 PM
uhhh it's part of his job. lol he sees lots of local celebs, like ex-mayor Skip Rimza (who also shops at my store), a guy who re-builds motorcycles like west coast choppers (I've seen his plane). plus many more.

Ohh, so he got that job you were talking about a while back?

IdiotOfTheDay
06-30-2005, 05:43 PM
I have to figure out where Dexter will be landing at where I'm going...
I'm going to Warped Tour in St. Petersburg, Florida (it's so funny though, on the MySpace, it's spelled all wrong) and I don't know what airport he'd be coming to. I'm in the Sarasota area.
Is the airport the plane took off from a small airport, or a pretty major airport?

Faded Soul
06-30-2005, 08:43 PM
Ohh, so he got that job you were talking about a while back?

no he still works for Cutter, he has been since about this time last year.

oh yeah, he also does that second job working on airplanes.

Faded Soul
06-30-2005, 08:45 PM
I have to figure out where Dexter will be landing at where I'm going...
I'm going to Warped Tour in St. Petersburg, Florida (it's so funny though, on the MySpace, it's spelled all wrong) and I don't know what airport he'd be coming to. I'm in the Sarasota area.
Is the airport the plane took off from a small airport, or a pretty major airport?

well...he landed at Deer Valley yesterday, because it's the closest to the Peoria Sports Complex, like 20 mins driving time via the loop 101.

my guess when they were here in Mesa, April of last year, he landed at Mesa-Gateway airport.

So my guess for your area, look for an airport closest to the venue where Warped will be.

Faded Soul
07-01-2005, 02:18 AM
here's the autograph!!

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/7431/autograph9vq.th.jpg (http://img34.imageshack.us/my.php?image=autograph9vq.jpg)

barangatang
07-01-2005, 03:09 AM
here's the autograph!!

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/7431/autograph9vq.th.jpg (http://img34.imageshack.us/my.php?image=autograph9vq.jpg)

awsome. :D

Faded Soul
07-01-2005, 03:27 AM
it is! I can't believe i have it! I'm gonna frame it. :cool: