PDA

View Full Version : Noodles stabbed by a knife???

OffspringerD@n
06-29-2005, 07:37 PM
I heard that Noodles was stabbed once by a knife. does anyone know what happend?

bd007h
06-29-2005, 07:42 PM
all I know was it was by a Nazi skinhead, or so I've heard.

Tired_Of_You
06-29-2005, 07:50 PM
...and after that people thought he was dead.

OffspringerD@n
06-29-2005, 08:02 PM
do you know where it was? was it live during a show or what?

Manic subsidal
06-29-2005, 08:18 PM
I remember him talking about it in a interview. I totally forgot all about it though and where it was at, sorry.

We should all be grateful that noodles is still alive and making wonderful music. Amen.

...actually, offspring would probably be way better without noodles. Worthless piece of shit. I'm joking homies...

Noodfan
06-29-2005, 08:19 PM
as i know it was on a tour. wonder who played while he is away.

Hyper nova
06-29-2005, 08:22 PM
Yer Think its true casue thats why they got someone else for a short period durring the smash tours (?) or somthing like that to play guitar Cant recall the name (maybe andy something or maa i don't know)

tle_punk
06-29-2005, 08:32 PM
Article with interview with Greg K:

"Some might find that surprising considering Offspring guitarist Kevin "Noodles" Wasserman was once cut up during a performance. "Yeah Noodles actually got stabbed in the arm," he says. "And of course the story gets out and gets blown out of proportion and all of a sudden the rumor is that he died. People were afraid to call us."

http://www.chicagoinnerview.com/archives/may04_the_offspring.htm

And...

"A six-week national tour followed, though Noodles was stabbed during their Hollywood anti-nuclear benefit."

Fly White Guy
06-29-2005, 09:12 PM
Dude, it wasn't a knife. It was a strand of spaghetti.

Venom Symbiote
06-29-2005, 10:01 PM
Wow, witty ^. :rolleyes:

But yeah, I thought it was during the S/T era, not post-Smash release. :confused: And yeah, it was only in the arm - apparently he proceeded to beat the shit out of the guy after it. It was hardly life-threatening.

Tired_Of_You
06-29-2005, 10:03 PM
But yeah, I thought it was during the S/T era, not post-Smash release. :confused: You're right, I'm not sure exactly about the year, but I'm pretty sure it happened between 1988-1991. It's probably easy to find if you do a little research on Google.

Camilamazed
06-29-2005, 11:11 PM
I didn't know that :eek:

Danno
06-30-2005, 12:21 AM
Yes, Noodles was stabbed by a skinhead at a small club back in the early days. If you read the notes inside the S/T album, under "thanks" they wrote "The girl who gave her shirt to a bleeding Kevin (Wendy?)" That is related to the incident. I remember Dexter talking about how skinheads would stand in the pit and ruin shows. If you watch the video from the San Brerubin gig they did in '87 you see loads of skinheads just standing around in the pit and smashing anyone that decides to have a good time.

During the touring for Ignition, Noodles couldn't go on the road with the band for much of it because he had to work his position at the high school so a friend of the band (Noodles gave me the name but I don't remember it), stood in for him. I have video of 3 dates during the Ignition tour and Noodles is not there in any of them.

-Danno

offspring_freak_3
06-30-2005, 01:37 AM
i didnīt know that!! :eek:

poor noodles!! :o

offspring_freak_3
06-30-2005, 01:40 AM
Yes, Noodles was stabbed by a skinhead at a small club back in the early days. If you read the notes inside the S/T album, under "thanks" they wrote "The girl who gave her shirt to a bleeding Kevin (Wendy?)" That is related to the incident. I remember Dexter talking about how skinheads would stand in the pit and ruin shows. If you watch the video from the San Brerubin gig they did in '87 you see loads of skinheads just standing around in the pit and smashing anyone that decides to have a good time.

During the touring for Ignition, Noodles couldn't go on the road with the band for much of it because he had to work his position at the high school so a friend of the band (Noodles gave me the name but I don't remember it), stood in for him. I have video of 3 dates during the Ignition tour and Noodles is not there in any of them.

-Danno

where you find this videos????

offspringueuse
06-30-2005, 01:41 AM
no it was a lonf time ago, when they record their first album!! I think I don't remember !

Venom Symbiote
06-30-2005, 02:10 AM
Yeah - I've heard of the San Berubin gig, never knew there were videos of it though.

Danno, there wouldn't be any way you could share these, would there? :(

And you know Noodles personally? That's pretty freakin' rad. Lucky guy.

notoriousdoc
06-30-2005, 02:17 AM

-Danno

Yeah I was just gonna post this, but Danno has said it better. Thanks man

OffspringerD@n
06-30-2005, 06:13 AM
Did /\/oodles go after the guy who stabbed him???

dexterisMYman
06-30-2005, 06:15 AM
he got stabbed and if u look in the thank yous on s/t they thank the grl that gave her shirt to a bleeding kevin.

notoriousdoc
06-30-2005, 06:36 AM
he got stabbed and if u look in the thank yous on s/t they thank the grl that gave her shirt to a bleeding kevin.

( Wendy ? )

dexterisMYman
06-30-2005, 06:40 AM
( Wendy ? )
yup mmmhmmmmm

notoriousdoc
06-30-2005, 06:43 AM
I'd like to know more about this Wendy character

dexterisMYman
06-30-2005, 06:44 AM
she saved our noodles. she is like a godess we must worship her

notoriousdoc
06-30-2005, 06:47 AM
Yeah! With statues and shit!

Pilau
06-30-2005, 06:49 AM
A couple of skinheads were causing shit one time after an Offspring show and a fight was breaking out. Noodles the pacifier jumped in and got punched in the arm by the skinhead.

They thought it was just a punch but then he looked down to see himself covered in blood. Turns out this guy had stabbed him. And this did happen in the very early days of the small club gigs when they would go around in Dexters pick-up and rough it for the nights in local parks to the venue.

dexterisMYman
06-30-2005, 06:50 AM
Yeah! With statues and shit!
we have 2 or there might not b a noodles. NO I CANT THINK ABOUT THAT! ok im good now.

Holger estonia
07-01-2005, 08:30 AM
I remember him talking about it in a interview. I totally forgot all about it though and where it was at, sorry.

We should all be grateful that noodles is still alive and making wonderful music. Amen.

...actually, offspring would probably be way better without noodles. Worthless piece of shit. I'm joking homies...
great one !

Venom Symbiote
07-01-2005, 06:19 PM
"Wendy" didn't "save" him. She gave him her shirt.

And why would you want to "know more about" her? How the hell could you? The band barely remembers her name. She was just some random fan from the early days, like Kamala and Blackball McClean.