View Full Version : Once again new website

Embodude2004
11-11-2004, 02:40 PM
hey i made a website bout the offspring if you wanna visit it go to
www.geocities.com/emersonlaplantetwo/opening_page.html

Peace out

leo3375
11-11-2004, 07:07 PM
Okay, this critique of your site is coming from a design major, so prepare your brain!

The backgrounds on your page are way too busy and distract from the content of your page. Likewise, the song sample that plays on your intro page is very annoying and gave me the impression that your site would be unpleasant to my senses.

Also, you are direct-linking images and files, a huge Web no-no. This will eat up the bandwidth of the hosts of those repective files. Download those files to your hard drive, then upload them to your site. How would you feel if you put up some huge and wonderful files you made yourself and someone was linking your files to their site, eating up your bandwidth and making for slower page loading at your site?

Another issue I noticed was your fonts. You are using 2 decorative fonts when one would be ideal. Remember that you want contrast in your fonts to create a hierarchy and make it easier on your visitors.

wilsonkck
11-12-2004, 01:16 AM
Quit Bitchin that is a good site thanks for the mp3s bro

Bazza
11-12-2004, 01:49 AM
sites too busy, y bother making something thats shit, when theres plenty of decent sites out there

Obie2trice
11-12-2004, 02:03 AM
Right now it`s a bit too busy, if you work on that a little bit you can make it a beautiful site

Hysteria
11-12-2004, 03:21 AM
Okay, this critique of your site is coming from a design major, so prepare your brain!

The backgrounds on your page are way too busy and distract from the content of your page. Likewise, the song sample that plays on your intro page is very annoying and gave me the impression that your site would be unpleasant to my senses.

Also, you are direct-linking images and files, a huge Web no-no. This will eat up the bandwidth of the hosts of those repective files. Download those files to your hard drive, then upload them to your site. How would you feel if you put up some huge and wonderful files you made yourself and someone was linking your files to their site, eating up your bandwidth and making for slower page loading at your site?

Another issue I noticed was your fonts. You are using 2 decorative fonts when one would be ideal. Remember that you want contrast in your fonts to create a hierarchy and make it easier on your visitors.

I agree on that one. ;)