PDA

View Full Version : Funny story involving the offspring(kinda)

Jofspring
11-11-2004, 03:36 PM
Funny story, i went to see the offspring play in dublin with support from the start and rufio. well before the concert i spotted a guy in the lobby of the hotel i was stayin in wearing a bacstage pass for the offspring(he looked like a roadie).that got me to start to think maybe the offspring are stayin in the same hotel from me as it was also near the venue. the next day after the concert i met some other guys who went to see the offspring who said they swore they saw dexter walking up to his room and they followed him. immediately we ask them to bring us to the room they followed him to. when we got there one the guys started tapping the beat to neocon on the door of the room. to that we got a reply of the same beat from the otherside of the door. to that we slipped a note under the door asking them to come out. a note was slipped back out saying "no, signed Noodles". we got pretty excited thinking the offspring was on the otherside of the door. after a few minutes a dude answered the door.to our shocked it was the drummer from the start and we were pretty embarrased and asked him where the offspring were and he told us they were staying in the hotel next to us and had already left for paris. we found out that the guy that someone told us was dexter was actually an english dude that didn't even look like dexter, we felt like kicking the dude who gave us the misleading info. the guy i saw in the lobby was rufio's road manager and when we went to the lobby after the saga we hung out with the start and got pics takin with um.
it was an evil trick they played on us but they were pretty cool.

punk_flamingo
11-11-2004, 03:51 PM
still you got to meet someone from the start..

...and you got awesome support acts on your tour.

We were stuck with BodyJar, SOCO and The Disables. Saying that it was only Bodyjar that I thought did a piss poor job.

killboypwrheadjx
11-11-2004, 04:26 PM
we got auf der maur...they rocked and that chick is fuckin hot. lol

Fej87
11-11-2004, 04:45 PM
Hey man seeing the start in chicago got me to start listening to them. THe lead singer chick is HOT. Do you have any of their email address's?

offspringbaby2004
11-11-2004, 04:52 PM
Hahahaha, that was an evil trick. But that is awesome heh heh :) That is awesome you got to hang out with TheStart :P

~mandy~

joe howell
11-11-2004, 05:07 PM
ahahahaha, funny. we had bodyjar and something corporate in perth supporting

punkangel
11-11-2004, 05:23 PM
Funny.... really :( Man that was funny...*cough-cough*

Embodude2004
11-11-2004, 05:28 PM
at least you were exited before you found out the trick. when i went to the concert all i did was watch it and go home.

punk_flamingo
11-12-2004, 12:25 AM
ahahahaha, funny. we had bodyjar and something corporate in perth supporting

im surprised you didnt get any local bands out there for it. The Disables are a local brisbane band, their actually awesome.

it sucks the lead singers gay though - nice guys though, they'll go far.

joe howell
11-12-2004, 02:26 AM
for the co1 tour, 28 days were supporting, that would have been fuckin sweeeet to see, pissed i missed it

StayInTheHouseCarl
11-12-2004, 07:43 AM
LMAO hilarious!
the start are awesome! im on the nitro street team, and for the last week, i've been littering cypress and surrounding cities with the start flyers and posters. mwahahaha. and i get a free ticket to their shouw at the troubador. mmmmmmmmmm...free.

Jofspring
11-12-2004, 11:49 AM
ya the start were pretty cool we mainly talked to the bassist and the lead singer rubbed her hand on my friends chest for the picture. they were class live too

scream
11-12-2004, 12:26 PM
Amusing little story :D. The Start were great imo, but International Noise Conspiracy was crap.