PDA

View Full Version : Headphones in teh pockets = Hell

wheelchairman
06-30-2005, 05:13 AM
Everyone has this problem right? The minute their headphones goes in their pockets they will get tangled. I can put them their for 5 minutes, and the result will be another 5 min. or so of trying to untangle them. It's unbelievable. And I'm not a very active person. And to the best of my knowledge, my penis doesn't know any complicated forms of yoga. So this just bewilders me.

Vera
06-30-2005, 05:16 AM
Yeah, I don't get it, either. I want to get proper headphones so I'm talking into dad getting new ones so I can get his old ones that're huge and that cost like 120 euros but the sound quality is like it. I'd use those at home, though, not outside the house.

RXP
06-30-2005, 05:17 AM
Yeah I know, you can get ones that automatically wind up into a little circle thing if it's really bothering you. But yeah it's stupid.

Yatesy
06-30-2005, 05:21 AM
I can gladly say my headphones never get tangled up in my pockets.

fairy call
06-30-2005, 05:27 AM
I have some of those wind-up things too, but I never really use them, too much work :rolleyes:

Another thing about headphones, why do they break so easily? I have to buy new ones every month...

Vicky
06-30-2005, 05:29 AM
my earphones get everywhere and rarely need untangling :o ive had the same pair for alomst 3 years, too. hmm.

Sin Studly
06-30-2005, 05:34 AM
And whats the deal with one headphone cutting out and you need to hold the wire in a certain position to get stereo sound? This happens all the fucking time. Somebody needs to create headphones with heavy-duty wires. And some kind of plastic spool to wrap them around before you pocket them.

fairy call
06-30-2005, 05:39 AM
my earphones get everywhere and rarely need untangling :o ive had the same pair for alomst 3 years, too. hmm.

Well maybe it's just me, my discmans usually don't last much longer than a year a half either.

JoY
06-30-2005, 05:40 AM
I think I'll survive tangled up headphones. my entire life nothing that's messed up, has really managed to bother me, so why now?

Vicky
06-30-2005, 05:43 AM
Well maybe it's just me, my discmans usually don't last much longer than a year a half either.

Willems earphones break all the time, too. I just take crap care of my stuff and it lasts for ages :/ my mp3 player has been dropped in the rain often enough.

the_GoDdEsS
06-30-2005, 07:41 AM
And whats the deal with one headphone cutting out and you need to hold the wire in a certain position to get stereo sound? This happens all the fucking time. Somebody needs to create headphones with heavy-duty wires. And some kind of plastic spool to wrap them around before you pocket them.

That, exactly that annoys the fuck out of me.

And the tangling stuff is no good for the impatient and easily irritated person I am.

TheUnholyNightbringer
06-30-2005, 07:47 AM
I can't stand headphones becoming tangled. I just don't know how they do it. They must be alive, or something. Forget intelligent life on other planets, forget the mysteries of the Universe, start trying to figure out why headphones are so determined to wrap themselves around themselves.

LOdAT
06-30-2005, 07:48 AM
I've finally post here! It's pimp now!

JoY
06-30-2005, 07:54 AM
what I thoroughly hate, is the thingies you put in your ear & then they break, because you sat on them in the bus, stepped on them when they'd hidden themselves on your bedroomfloor - partly under your bed naturally, little bastards - because you slept with them & are a wild sleeper.... & you can't get the things to -stay- in your ears anymore, plus they become majorly uncomfortable.

& what Justin mentioned, the one side that doesn't work, yeah well, that would annoy the flying FUCK out of me, too.

Mannen som blev en gris
06-30-2005, 09:11 AM
I usually don't have any problems with mine, since I got one of those with one wire longer than the other, so the longer one hangs around your neck, and that way you don't need to put them in your pocket.

I just wrap mine around my mp4 player. What they need is to create some with the sturdyness of picture hanging wire (meaning it can bend, but can also support itself, and keep the form you left it in). Or a pair that interlocks to become one string, instead of the usual Y-shape.
You honestly have a mp4 player? If you do, that is soooooo sweet! :cool:

LOdAT
06-30-2005, 09:15 AM
Mp4? Does That Even Exist?! Yoooooooooo

arak0r
06-30-2005, 10:39 AM
my headphones cant fit in my pocket.

http://www.oldies2000.de/images/sony_mdr_v700.jpg

arak0r
06-30-2005, 10:40 AM

yes...

Tired_Of_You
06-30-2005, 10:52 AM
My headphones used to always break. It was always the same problem : one side stopped working. But I got headphones with my iPod, it's been 5-6 months I have them and they are still working.

Endymion
06-30-2005, 10:56 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mp4

Vera
06-30-2005, 11:24 AM
My Sony headphones, the tiny ones that we in Finland call "button headphones", broke (the other one wouldn't work) so I got new ones.

My hearing is shit because of too much headphone-listening, though. Should listen to music less with head phones.

Betty
06-30-2005, 10:34 PM
Does nobody have regular headphones that just fit around your head? Can't fit 'em in my pocket unless it's a hoodie or huge jacket. But I can't stand those little ones, they won't stay in my ears. And they hurt.

sKratch
06-30-2005, 11:13 PM
Yeah I hate those little headphones too... I always thought my ears were defective because they hurt.
Can we have sex now?

Betty
06-30-2005, 11:20 PM
Complete with earlobe nibbling?

sKratch
06-30-2005, 11:58 PM
You bet. For some reason I've decided to follow you around to all the threads and make lewd comments / tastelessly hit on you.

Tizzalicious
07-01-2005, 12:55 AM
what I thoroughly hate, is the thingies you put in your ear & then they break, because you sat on them in the bus, stepped on them when they'd hidden themselves on your bedroomfloor - partly under your bed naturally, little bastards - because you slept with them & are a wild sleeper.... & you can't get the things to -stay- in your ears anymore, plus they become majorly uncomfortable.

& what Justin mentioned, the one side that doesn't work, yeah well, that would annoy the flying FUCK out of me, too.

that's always happens to me...all of it.

or it being stuck in your bag, and you pull a bit too hard, and it falls apart. aargh.

Nina
07-01-2005, 08:57 AM
I just wrap mine around my mp4 player.

i second that. it's not so hard?
but yeah i guess they can easily get like this if you arent as careful as i am (and hot damn, i use my headphones at least twice a day, everyday.). mine generally dont work for a long time, though. even the quality ones. i always need new headphones after 3-4 months, and again thats surprising because i do take care of em. brrrah.

Tizzalicious
07-01-2005, 09:07 AM
i second that. it's not so hard?
but yeah i guess they can easily get like this if you arent as careful as i am (and hot damn, i use my headphones at least twice a day, everyday.). mine generally dont work for a long time, though. even the quality ones. i always need new headphones after 3-4 months, and again thats surprising because i do take care of em. brrrah.

So do I, but it still happens, the breaking, and tangling, and all that stuff! They always unwrap!

Nina
07-01-2005, 09:09 AM
haha what type of headphones do you all have?!

Tizzalicious
07-01-2005, 09:09 AM
Annoying ones!

Nina
07-01-2005, 09:10 AM
buy the crappy SONY ones i have :D

Tizzalicious
07-01-2005, 09:11 AM
I have Sony ones...I have a Sony MP3player :)

Nina
07-01-2005, 09:12 AM
OOOHH is it good? how much did it cost? whats the name? how much space? i wanna buy one soon. (well HA, soon..)

Tizzalicious
07-01-2005, 09:15 AM
It's good, it's great, it was very expensive though! It's a 20 GB one, and it wassss 250,- (don't know if you're looking for one that big?) (if you are, I'll explain why I chose this one over an IPOD, creative zen, or IPOD mini, ZEN micro, if not just ignore my babbling)

Nina
07-01-2005, 09:16 AM
actually, 20 is a little too big. i'd be completely satisfied with 4GB and would have therefore bought an iPod mini (200) if it wasnt from apple.
blagh.

Tizzalicious
07-01-2005, 10:00 AM
actually, 20 is a little too big. i'd be completely satisfied with 4GB and would have therefore bought an iPod mini (200) if it wasnt from apple.
blagh.

Ah yes, well, I was thinking the same, but I thought, if I can get 20GB for only 50,- more, I'll do that. Plus it was tested better than the ipod too.

Vicky
07-01-2005, 10:31 AM
mine are sony too, i bought them for my walkman after my brother stole mine... but now i use them with my creative mp3 player and they work fine.. most of the time they're either in my bag not wrapped around my mp3 player, or dangling down from my neck!