PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who seen The Offspring live both pre and post Splinter...

Ceejio21
06-30-2005, 07:59 AM
Are there many differences/similarities in the drumming between Ron Welty and Atom Willard? Does Atom capture everything that both Ron and Josh Freese recorded with the band, does he offer more? I've read that he has alot of energy to offer and for me that's great because it may have been easy for someone else to come in and just play out what was expected but to add that little more enthusiasm I'm sure the band may go that bit further.

RonWelty
06-30-2005, 08:21 AM
he is great ...he brought a new enthusiasm to the band ...and more connection to the fans ..look to the journal ....HAIL ATOM :D

Ceejio21
06-30-2005, 08:41 AM
Yeah without a doubt he's an awesome guy.

The connection with the fans has certainly developed, I dunno, I dont think we may have ever got anything like that from Ron.

What I'm really interested in though is the drum intro for "The Noose". For me that is the best drumming intro to an Offspring song, it really sets the tempo, its awesome. I know Josh Freese recorded that but does Atom capture the timing and the sound in the same way as the album recording?

As far as I'm aware they havent played "The Noose" yet at the Warped Tour so obviously I'm making reference to the Splinter tour

RonWelty
06-30-2005, 08:53 AM
yeah ... he fits in very well!

dexterisMYman
06-30-2005, 08:56 AM
other then the fact that they r 2 different ppl, i think atom is better b/c/ he has more experience. well not experience but its like he practices alot. well at least thats what it seems like 2 me.but thats the only differnce i c.

nameless
06-30-2005, 04:03 PM
atom plays exactly what ron played throughout his years with the offspring and what josh freese recorded with them! he plays up to the crowd more than ron but the songs still sound the same!

sneedo
06-30-2005, 04:38 PM
I don't like how Atom has changed the intro to Gone Away though.

Ceejio21
06-30-2005, 05:40 PM
How'd ya mean?

Camilamazed
06-30-2005, 09:27 PM
I saw both Ron and Atom live......They both rock..... :D