PDA

View Full Version : Iraq Deaths

CaptainStanky
06-30-2005, 12:45 PM
Anyone know how many U.S military persons were killed so far?(because of the war in iraq ppl...)

Endymion
06-30-2005, 12:52 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_invasion_of_Iraq#Deaths

CaptainStanky
06-30-2005, 03:18 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_invasion_of_Iraq#Deaths

Thanks for the link

Iraqis:Counts of civilian deaths specifically documented range from 22,582 to 25,590 1. A study in the Lancet estimated 100,000 deaths2 from all causes as of October, 2004, with roughly three times as many injured. This has been disputed 3.

U.S. armed forces: 1,744 deaths, 13,190 combat wounded (6,482 evacuated) + unknown non-combat injuries

Armed forces of other coalition countries: 188

Non-Iraqi civilians: from 249 to 429

Wow...Arent u glad u voted for Bush, a "president" with good morale values?

Endymion
06-30-2005, 03:41 PM
Wow...Arent u glad u voted for Bush, a "president" with good morale values?

first off, it's "you", not "u". second, president shouldn't be in quotes--he is president. good morale values, on the other hand, could be in quotations. third, who said i voted for him?

CaptainStanky
06-30-2005, 03:46 PM
first off, it's "you", not "u". second, president shouldn't be in quotes--he is president. good morale values, on the other hand, could be in quotations. third, who said i voted for him?

I type how I want, dont like it? Dont read it lol. I tend not think of him as a president, more as an icon because I don't believe someone as stupid as him(but able to decieve the idiots) could actually be fairly elected. Didnt mean to say u specifically voted for him, talking to all the people that did vote for him... Not tryin to be a dick just telling it how I see it.

HornyPope
07-01-2005, 05:14 PM
You don't even know the most basic stats that are showcased on the news everyday or that could be obtained with a simple google search, so you ask for help, and when Endy provides you have the hutzpah to patronize him on the accounts he has nothing to do with?

TheUnholyNightbringer
07-01-2005, 09:02 PM
I type how I want, dont like it? Dont read it lol. I tend not think of him as a president, more as an icon

No. He is the President. It doesn't matter whether you disagree with him or not. He's still the President.

CaptainStanky
07-01-2005, 11:54 PM
You don't even know the most basic stats that are showcased on the news everyday or that could be obtained with a simple google search, so you ask for help, and when Endy provides you have the hutzpah to patronize him on the accounts he has nothing to do with?

Check back, I didnt say anything to him, I just stated what i thought without even mentioning him except for thanking him for the link...Also yes it is easy to find this out by searching but I wanted someone else to see it too and actually think about it for a moment instead of just coming on here and bashing people....wait a sec

Endymion
07-02-2005, 01:06 AM
have you ever bothered to look at the board you're on? noodles is an outspoken liberal, quoted many times about his dislike of bush and the current administration. the vast bulk of the membership to this board is angsty teens who tend heavily to identify themselves as democrats (speaking only of the amerian members). you only look like a fool rhetorically saying "way to vote for bush" on a board where it is highly, highly unlikely that anyone did or would have if given the chance.

regardless of if you like him or not, or if it was a fair election or not, he currently holds the office of president, and is thus the president. very little wiggle room for sarcasm there.

contrary to international belief, the majority of american citizens do know what's going on in iraq--the problem isn't a lack of information, it's a lack of empathy. no one gives a fuck that our soldiers are dying in battles that the most don't believe we should be fighting in countries we shouldn't be fighting in. no one gives a fuck that citizens of those countries are dying for no reason other than wrong place, wrong time. they're more concerned about getting their morning cup of coffee and who wins american idol. if you have a problem with that war i wouldn't take it up with the administration, i'd take it up with your neighbors.

holland
07-02-2005, 01:08 AM
Too many. I can't believe the war is still going on either!

theraputicsmile17
07-02-2005, 11:31 PM
have you ever bothered to look at the board you're on? noodles is an outspoken liberal, quoted many times about his dislike of bush and the current administration. the vast bulk of the membership to this board is angsty teens who tend heavily to identify themselves as democrats (speaking only of the amerian members). you only look like a fool rhetorically saying "way to vote for bush" on a board where it is highly, highly unlikely that anyone did or would have if given the chance.

regardless of if you like him or not, or if it was a fair election or not, he currently holds the office of president, and is thus the president. very little wiggle room for sarcasm there.

contrary to international belief, the majority of american citizens do know what's going on in iraq--the problem isn't a lack of information, it's a lack of empathy. no one gives a fuck that our soldiers are dying in battles that the most don't believe we should be fighting in countries we shouldn't be fighting in. no one gives a fuck that citizens of those countries are dying for no reason other than wrong place, wrong time. they're more concerned about getting their morning cup of coffee and who wins american idol. if you have a problem with that war i wouldn't take it up with the administration, i'd take it up with your neighbors.

"no one gives a fuck that citizens of those countries are dying for no reason other than wrong place, wrong time"

most of the people in iraq that are dying are the ones that are setting off homemade car bombs. It makes me sick when people say things like america soldiers are killing innocent people. They arent. Their people are the ones causing the bloodshed.

Dead Cheerleader
07-02-2005, 11:43 PM
Was it an actual law that passed prohibiting soldiers' dead bodies being transported back to the US or just some 'rule?' I think that is bullshit. I think that the soldiers who gave their lives at least deserve to be recognized in the media, especially since that is where 99% of the retards in this country get their opinions. I obviously understand how that could be detrimental to the administration's war mongering, but still, no dignity, that's great.

In response to the original topic -it's A LOT! If you go to small town stores they have the local fallen soldiers' pictures on the wall and it's significant. If you assume it's that way in every small midwest town, the numbers are definitely too high. The only thing that keeps me from assassnating all the members of this admin is that I have heard our casualties will be less than the number of lives we save in posterity. I've heard a lot of bullshit though. Hm.

Endymion
07-03-2005, 02:17 AM
It makes me sick when people say things like america soldiers are killing innocent people.
where did i say that american soldiers were killing the citizens?

Not Ozymandias
07-03-2005, 02:21 AM
"no one gives a fuck that citizens of those countries are dying for no reason other than wrong place, wrong time"

most of the people in iraq that are dying are the ones that are setting off homemade car bombs. It makes me sick when people say things like america soldiers are killing innocent people. They arent. Their people are the ones causing the bloodshed.
No, actually, they aren't. 22,500+ - 25,500+ is the number of Iraqi civilians dead. Some were killed by U.S. bombings (most, in fact), some were killed by U.S. soldiers, some by Iraqi soldiers, and some by terrorist insurgents.
That number does not include terrorists or Iraqi soldiers killed.

Endymion
07-03-2005, 02:58 AM
also, from here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_in_the_conflict_in_Iraq), "around 41,000 U.S. troops believe they killed one or more Iraqi civilians in 2003"