PDA

View Full Version : What is the hardest part of a band to get?

shatskater
11-11-2004, 06:18 PM
in my opinion the hardest 2 get is a vocalist but the hardest thing to do in a band is play the guitar, so ya. any1 else?

samr
11-11-2004, 06:28 PM
I think probably to get a good Drummer, and a vocalist that everyone likes.

Guitar is fairly easy, if you're playing punkish music, 3 chords, maybe a little solo stuff.

shatskater
11-11-2004, 06:32 PM
well thats true, but for our band i play his drums sometimes and its not that hard, i mean i dont think im good, but it looks like there not doing much, so i will stick with singing and guitar. but atleast u agree singing is pretty hard to come by, manly here becuz people are to shy to sing so they wont do it?

killboybowerhead
11-11-2004, 07:16 PM
I think that the vocals are tough to cuz that is what all the non musicians pay attention to... also when writing it is always tough to come up with guitar n bass that sound really good together but arent identical

crrrN
11-12-2004, 10:52 AM
I think it's the combination of a couple of people playing together. Once you know it's good. The music will start flowing out.

My tip as well: don't try to write your best songs, just build it up ;] The songs you're gonna write when you just start out, most probably will suck xD

Sman9453
11-12-2004, 10:59 AM
the hardest is to get a basist...and thats a well known fact. after that, i think vocalist....which can play guitar

Jojan
11-12-2004, 11:44 AM
agree. our vocalist aisn't that musical as us others in the band.

Toxic Speed Bump
11-12-2004, 12:35 PM
when I had my so called "band". A good Bassist and a good drummer was hard to find. Im still looking. Its seems that evryone is a guitarist. Thats why I might try doing Bass.

Sman9453
11-12-2004, 02:47 PM
i thought of trying bass... just because everyone would fuckin want me since i play bass... dosent even matter if ill be good or not... if im not too wierd... im in

but for now ill stick to drums

shatskater
11-12-2004, 03:59 PM
no by all means its the vocalist.

sumrandumpunk
11-12-2004, 08:59 PM
ok im decent at vocals and playin bass but i'd only do the 2ndary vocals... getting a good vocalist is hell cuz they're too naive or too embarassed to sing. i got plenty of good guitarist friends but no1 plays bass (hence why i do). we still dont know ANY drummers worth a shit in a high school of 2400+ kids... wtf is up with that? (again on the vocalist... we dont know who can or cant sing)

R0flc0pter
11-17-2004, 07:16 AM
Getting a vocalist is hard
Also a good drummer is necessary. A drummer needs a good sense for rythm, and that's what making it hard getting one.

The Joker
11-17-2004, 08:29 AM
The hardest thing to get is an good vocalist and a good drummer. Almost everybody who I knows says that...Then of course you need someone who can play a guitar, the simplest instrument is bass guitar.

shatskater
11-17-2004, 08:29 PM
i agree, bass is the easiest thing to play.

teapot
11-17-2004, 10:57 PM
I think getting a vocalist that can actually sing thats not embarresed to...
you either get a totally nieve one who think they can sing and cant, or one that are in denyal of their talent. Good drummers, bassists and guitarists simply take a bit of looking around, people are less embarresed by what sounds they make through an instrument than the sounds they make by vocal chords

shatskater
11-18-2004, 08:35 PM
agreed. need not be ashamed.

lousyskater
11-18-2004, 10:17 PM
the hardest to find for my band was a drummer. my friend was able to do vocals and play bass, and i'm able to play guitar. we're a 3-piece, but we sound pretty good. right now we're lookin for another guitarist to play rythm because i do the leads. it doesn't sound good when i try to solo without a rythm guitar playing in the backround.
________
MrMuscles live (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/MrMuscles)

Toxic Speed Bump
11-19-2004, 05:44 AM
Ive been playing guitar for 6 years, I got a band... my band is shit... my dreams are ruined.

lousyskater
11-19-2004, 06:15 AM
every member of my band has only been playing their instruments for 3 years and we actually sound very good. we've only written a few songs, but they all sound good. i wrote our first one and it turned out to be the best. i would post the lyrics, but for some reason, i'm only able to remember them when i play the song. i do back up vocals.
________
Sunshine_Fire (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/sunshine_fire)

ihatechrissneed
11-19-2004, 06:24 AM
i agree, bass is the easiest thing to play.
No its not. It's the person that plays the bass who is crap. player power chords on the guitar is just as easy as playing root notes on the bass if not easier. If you listen to jaco pastorius, john myung or matt freeeman you're going to change your mind.

shatskater
11-21-2004, 07:50 AM
them playing good is irrelavant. they may be good becuase its super easy to play, i mean, ok look at jimi hendrix, wow, power cords are easy ur right, but not easier than playing the bass.

Punked
11-22-2004, 10:38 PM
Finding a drummer,bass guitarist is fairly simle. Finding people who are actually good is hard, but the vocalist is the most difficult to find!!!

Impure
11-23-2004, 05:25 AM
I don't think that play bass is so easy as someone says.
Ok: if you just follow giutar and play a few notes everyone could do it.
But if u want to play bass at an higher level thinghs change al lot.

When i play a guitar i find it qute easy: you don't need as much strenght on fingers as you would on the bass, notes are quite closer on guitar than bass..
The hard is that you gotta learn all these fucking positions on chords.

It's hard to get a good musician, no matter what instrument you play.

NoodGuit
11-23-2004, 08:43 AM
I think finding a good vocalist is the toughest thing to find. But in fact you'll get by with just a good vocalist. I think the hardest thing to find in general is a drummer

Satankaban
11-23-2004, 10:31 AM
I think that hardest is to find bassist, because many people play guitar. I play drums, so it wasn´t problem. But our problem is bassist. Maybe the vocalist will be problem, but our vocalist tries to be good. He practices his voice and he is better and better. Our problem is to find a bassist.

L2L1
11-26-2004, 06:10 PM
I would say the volcalist. They own the band, You can change the drums in offspring but if you take out Dexter it is a whole new band.

wheelchairman
11-26-2004, 06:17 PM
The hardest is definitely drummer. And the drummer I would say is the most necessary as well. My band has an abundance of singers and other folks who would like to perform with us in some way.

bouncingcoles
11-26-2004, 09:53 PM
i think the hardest part about playing in a band is getting people that are devoted. with out devoted members the band just wont work.

ThrashedThrasher
11-27-2004, 12:31 PM
It took me and my buddy a hell of a long time to find a decent drummer who actually cared about the band. A lot of the guys we had before slacked off to do other shit and couldn't play if their life depended on it. Bassist, Guitarist and Vocalist has never been a problem for us mainly because me and Tony can play bass and guitar and we can both sing fairly well so if we get a jackoff guitarist or something we can switch him to something he's actually good at and one of us can take over that position.

nieh
11-27-2004, 12:42 PM
it depends on what you're trying to play...why are you saying bass in easier than power chords? It depends on the music. Punk bass is easy in the same respect that punk guitar is easy. It's because the style doesn't require anything more than that. Now listen to P-Funk, Primus, Faith no More, Mars Volta, hell, even Reel Big Fish and early No Doubt. They all have music that wouldn't exist if it weren't for the great ability of their bass players. Either way, in a real band, every member's as important as every other one.

saska de o...
11-27-2004, 12:52 PM
uu... hardest... well i dont know :D:D everything is easy for me and my band now :)

shatskater
11-27-2004, 10:25 PM
i dunno dudes. i guess it really does depend on what music u wanna play.

ThatOneGuy123
11-30-2004, 01:00 AM
well...I found my band easy were just abuncha guys with families as home and we want money

zich
11-30-2004, 01:25 PM
A BAND NAME! and im not joking...

lousyskater
11-30-2004, 02:21 PM
A BAND NAME! and im not joking...
ha! that really is the hardest part. my band has yet to actually come up with a name.