PDA

View Full Version : Offspring's Success

asgoodasdead75
06-30-2005, 10:56 PM
I think that The Offspring could be much more successful on opening weeks on like modern rock charts and billboard charts if they would promote their songs earlier. I didn't here any songs off Splinter until the day it came out. And the music Video for Hit That didn't come out until like weeks after the CD came out. I still have yet to see the Can't Repeat video on Tv

Hypodermic_89
06-30-2005, 11:39 PM
I don't care if they are successful or not. as long as they keep putting out new albums, I'm happy. And I know that you people are going to say "omfg are you fuckin' stupid lolz they're not gonna make albums n e more if they're not successful lolz". I think you're wrong about that. remember what they said in the beginning, they didn't want to be famous. they just wanted to play music, and I think they still stick to that.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
06-30-2005, 11:46 PM
I think that The Offspring could be much more successful on opening weeks on like modern rock charts and billboard charts if they would promote their songs earlier. I didn't here any songs off Splinter until the day it came out. And the music Video for Hit That didn't come out until like weeks after the CD came out. I still have yet to see the Can't Repeat video on Tv

The Hit That video and song were released before Splinter

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
06-30-2005, 11:52 PM
I think I'm the only one who likes the Hit That video.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
06-30-2005, 11:54 PM
I just dont like the song

goneawaysocomeoutandplay
07-01-2005, 12:21 AM
I like Hit That and its video. I really dont have any complaints about any of their stuff. All the way back to thr Offspring (self titled) they have rocked. they are awesome.

barangatang
07-01-2005, 12:42 AM
I don't care if they are successful or not. as long as they keep putting out new albums, I'm happy. And I know that you people are going to say "omfg are you fuckin' stupid lolz they're not gonna make albums n e more if they're not successful lolz". I think you're wrong about that. remember what they said in the beginning, they didn't want to be famous. they just wanted to play music, and I think they still stick to that.

what kind sick ppl would say that?

Hypodermic_89
07-01-2005, 01:31 AM
what kind sick ppl would say that?

many ppl here on the Forums would say that

RonWelty
07-01-2005, 02:28 AM
http://www.theage.com.au/news/music/california-dreamin/2005/06/29/1119724701442.html?oneclick=true

asgoodasdead75
07-01-2005, 03:29 AM
well i know they dont write music to sell records, but i just like it when my favorite bands have success. Its like I'm rooting for them and i want them to do well. Of course writing good music is the most important, but i just like it when they do well, and i think that they could do better if they promoted their albums a little more. And i know that the video didnt come out until after the album had been released because i looked all over tv and the internet trying to find it. The single was on radio i think like two weeks before the album was released which is ok but they could have released it soon i think :rolleyes:

RonWelty
07-01-2005, 03:35 AM
well Kroq isn īt playing that much Can īt Repeat !

asgoodasdead75
07-01-2005, 03:38 AM
Live 105 in San Fransisco is playing it a decent amount, but i havent seen a video for it on tv yet. Only on the web site