PDA

View Full Version : tehy set us up teh internets

HornyPope
07-01-2005, 11:10 AM
I got my connection in the new house now and right away i'm reminded that internet is a horrid addiction. I have the insurmountable anxiety to get updated on all that I missed. See, it's easy to live without the net--you just accept that you don't have it and go on with your life. But if you do have it, it's almost impossible to ignore it. I can't do a single activity without thinking "wouldn't it be much more fun if I was online now?".

Nina
07-01-2005, 11:27 AM
hahaha finally somebody cool who admits it!

HornyPope
07-01-2005, 11:33 AM
Am I cool for admitting it or am I a cool guy who's not afraid to admit it?

Tizzalicious
07-01-2005, 11:38 AM
when I first read it I thought she meant the second, but now I see there are different options, it must be the first.

Tizzalicious
07-01-2005, 11:38 AM
Also, I have the same problem.

But I have to wait a minute posting this.

Betty
07-01-2005, 11:42 AM
I remember when I checked the BBS after almost a week, there was seriously nothing interesting on it. That was kinda sad actually.

TheUnholyNightbringer
07-01-2005, 11:43 AM
If I'm away from the BBS for more than 3 days it seriously takes me a while to get back into the swing of things.

HornyPope
07-01-2005, 11:44 AM
I think im just cool all around.

And if you stay for too long from the net, you could seriously forget the old habits... unless they are rooted in too deep. Otherwise you have this urge to catch up. I'm not talking only about the BBS btw.

Tizzalicious
07-01-2005, 11:45 AM
Yeah...I usually think it's more interesting when I'm here a lot...don't know why...

Nina
07-01-2005, 11:45 AM
a cool guy who's not afraid to admit it; a lot of oldies here kinda act stupid when it comes to being addicted to the internet/this board.

TheUnholyNightbringer
07-01-2005, 11:46 AM
Heh, I'm addicted to this board and to the Internet. I openly admit it.

I just want Tizz to openly admit she's addicted to shopping. ;)

HornyPope
07-01-2005, 11:50 AM
I wanna be the first to write a thesis about internet junkies. About how it's not just "surfin' the net" anymore. It's a community. It's a way of life. The Bulletin boards have got fully to that stage yet however, chiefly because it doesnt provide the financial ressources to survive. But you guys should check out the "bloggers" and such.

Nina
07-01-2005, 11:52 AM
yeah i agree. this whole thing is pretty interesting, but unfortunately very difficult to understand for people who dont use the net frequently/in this way. each community you find on the net (be it LJ, this BBS, myspace or whatever else) is different from the others, and people behave very differently as well.

TheUnholyNightbringer
07-01-2005, 11:52 AM
Hardcore bloggers are strange people. I knew one once. Wrote in his blog every day for 3/4 years. One time he wasn't able to write in it for a week, and halfway through the week he actually burst into tears. By the last day all he could think about was getting back online. It was really scary.

HornyPope
07-01-2005, 11:56 AM
yeah i agree. this whole thing is pretty interesting, but unfortunately very difficult to understand for people who dont use the net frequently/in this way. each community you find on the net (be it LJ, this BBS, myspace or whatever else) is different from the others, and people behave very differently as well.

Yeah its true, we all started from stratch and we evolved into communities we have now. It's like a high school class. Our offspring BBS community is here forever and even if the board closes in 5 years or whatever, I bet we'd still make reunions every number of years to mark once our time together. Cute, no?

HornyPope
07-01-2005, 11:57 AM
And the difference in bloggers is its both a job and a past time for them. So they can litteraly spend every waking moment in front of their computers. Crazy.

Nina
07-01-2005, 11:58 AM
but what amazes me is there are actually a lot of different "groups" on this (and probably any other) forum. just compare the general chat and offspring talk together...completely different people, completely different conversations, and i doubt it only has to do with the fact that this forum is more "general" when it comes to the topics than the other one. people just behave differently on the *same* forum. kind of strange.

HornyPope
07-01-2005, 11:59 AM
We're better.

TheUnholyNightbringer
07-01-2005, 12:00 PM
Actually, I don't think this board is typical of all boards. I've seen other boards, and it's essentially one big group, and they're all friends. There's more controversy here than a lot of places, I think, and more groups. Even within the so-called "l337" there's different denominations.

Nina
07-01-2005, 12:03 PM
although i dont like to admit it, i must say that this board is special indeed. i havent seen any other boards that were like this one. as i said we do have many different groups, but its still so different from everything else...we're actually "meaner" too, if that makes sense. so much like in real life.
wow, i got carried away.

HornyPope
07-01-2005, 12:05 PM
I like to think myself as the difference maker.

But really, the community is about the core people, and our core people are pretty hardcore, hence we shape the entire community like us too.

TheUnholyNightbringer
07-01-2005, 12:06 PM
But really, the community is about the core people, and our core people are pretty hardcore, hence we shape the entire community like us too.

That's a very good point. A BBS is only as mean/nice as it's core members.

Betty
07-01-2005, 12:06 PM
There are probably about 30ish people on this BBS that totally rock and that I would most likely be friends with if I knew them. Which is saying a lot since there are not a whole lot of people that I really want to be friends with.

Nina
07-01-2005, 12:08 PM

how do you define hardcore? or were you only completely referring to the "mean" part of mine?

HornyPope
07-01-2005, 12:23 PM
It's a game of words. Core... hardcore. Get it?

Nina never (k)nows no notion of noun-play.

TheUnholyNightbringer
07-01-2005, 12:24 PM
Isn't "hardcore" a verb?

Mota Boy
07-01-2005, 12:24 PM
I can't do a single activity without thinking "wouldn't it be much more fun if I was online now?".
Hey, I'm kinda like that too, except for with beer.

HornyPope
07-01-2005, 12:28 PM
Isn't "hardcore" a verb?

Well a verb-play wouldn't be exactly fitting now, would it be?

Dave, don't dare to dimpick dumb definitions of decrees!

HornyPope
07-01-2005, 12:29 PM
Alcohol and other recreational substances obviously trump the time online but I can only do it so often before I feel annoyed of that too.

Tizzalicious
07-01-2005, 12:32 PM
I had to come up with a slogan for a commercial for my study (stupid, cuz I study to be a translator), it had to had wordplay and stuff in it too...and it had to be for a watering can with a built in compartment for fertilizer, when I saw the assignment I thought I could NEVER come up with anything, cuz doing that sort of stuff in a foreign language is a bitch, and a watering can with a built in compartment for fertizer??????

Anyway, I came up with something:

Don't deflower, fertilise!!!

the_GoDdEsS
07-01-2005, 01:40 PM
In those five years there were actually short periods of time when I managed to get away from here. Especially January 2004 till it re-opened again. I had too much of a life going on back then, constantly going out and hanging with people.

But all in all, I can't seem to get away from here. Back in April when I moved and had no connection for just a week, it felt weird. It's the only forum I've really grown to 'like' in a way meaning I post on it and have dozens of people here who I think are cool. And I get freaked out when I can't be on MSN for a day or two. So I'm not as much addicted to the net as to talking to some of the people I've talked to for literally years and years.