PDA

View Full Version : HORSE The Band

BREAK
11-12-2004, 02:04 AM
Has anyone ever heard them? I swear, they're fucking geniuses. They are the most perfect combination of ass-kicking intensity & laugh-your-ass-off hilarity that I've ever heard. They play insane screaming Converge-style metalcore mixed with cheesy 80's synth melodies that sound like they came straight out of Megaman 2.

Seriously, listen to them for yourself & tell me it's not the greatest thing you've ever heard: http://www.purevolume.com/horsetheband

Eccentric Sara
11-12-2004, 05:33 AM
Hmmm...I like some parts of the songs,but not others.The screaming is just annoying,and some of the guitaring is a bit tuneless,but then some of it is more melodic,which I like.The 80s-style electronic bits are amusing.Maybe it would grow on me after a couple more listens. The songs kept stopping in the middle aswell,which was annoying and kinda stopped me listening to them properly.:/ Probably happened because I don't have a Broadband connection.Oh well.

Chris
11-12-2004, 09:42 AM
I heard Cutsman earlier this year and was definitely impressed - the genius of including midi sounds and pulling it off has to be marveled at. They toured the uk in the summer but alas, a combination of being too poor and being something I wouldn't particulary listen to all the time deterred me.

Oh yeah, you probably know but the Megaman thing going on is intentional if you look at the lyrics. Top notch.

BREAK
11-12-2004, 11:55 PM
Can you actually find the lyrics online somewhere?

Cutsman was always my favorite Megaman villian. Well, either him or Clash Man.

Eccentric Sara
11-13-2004, 02:49 PM
I'm assuming Megaman is some superhero film/TV series type thing? (I've never heard of it,sorry!!!!) U have SO many TV series etc in the U.S. that we don't have here. Not fair! But then,I suppose we have TV shows you don't have ,so it probably is fair really.

BREAK
11-13-2004, 04:44 PM
Megaman is a video game character that originated on the classic 8-bit Nintendo Entertainment System. You know that fuckin' idiot lousyskater? He has a Megaman avatar.

Eccentric Sara
11-13-2004, 04:48 PM
Aha! Thanks! *informed*:)

Chris
11-13-2004, 05:08 PM
courtesy of some crappy lyric site

THAT LITTLE BASTARD, with his tricks and vile forms of play hacking shaving slicing mutillating all that will yield before him or that gets in his way. LITTLE ANDROID MAN HALF THE SIZE THAT I AM SCISSORS ON HIS HEAD SCCCIIISSSOOORRRRSSSSS ON HIS FUCKING HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Little android man-born without a soul without that force of reason- the scissors took control. Little android man- born without a heart if he's in your vicinity he'll cut you apart! Here he comes there's no line it's just a game Don't look back he's right behind and here's my piece of mind. (cut cut cutcut cut cut cutcut) little android man, born without a soul without the voice of reason the scissors took control! little android man, born without a heart anything around him he'll simply tear apart. robotic retard counts his fingers 1 2 3 4 LITTLE ANDROID MAN NEVER- NEVER - NEVER TRUST A LITTLE ANDROID MAN HE'LL CUT CUT CUT CUT

Eccentric Sara
11-13-2004, 05:16 PM
I looked for HORSE lyrics online aswell!!! (But couldn't find any.):rolleyes:

Chris
11-13-2004, 05:20 PM
im not saying a thing ;) anyway, it all makes sense if you know your megamen, other than that, im out of my depth on this band but they sure do rock out live from photos I've seen

BREAK
11-13-2004, 09:06 PM
"I love the power glove. It's SO BAD!!!!!"

Mr. Noodles
12-11-2004, 08:48 PM
I can't hear what they sound like. My speakers aren't working.
But if you say they're good, maybe I'll check out one of their albums.

Greebo
12-12-2004, 02:07 PM
HORSE The Band are amazing. End of. R. Borlax is constantly in my cd player, its sooo damn good.

Lyrics for R. Borlax are here (http://www.asssnake.com/horsetheband/lyrics.html)

I recommend everyone check them out. Unfortunately I missed them on their UK tour, but next time!