PDA

View Full Version : What's the capital of Wyoming?

SicN Twisted
07-01-2005, 06:16 PM
I'm terribly curious. If you can answer the question correctly, I'll treat you to free Bon Jovi concert tickets and a case of He-Brew Kosher beer.

SicN Twisted
07-01-2005, 06:25 PM
You looked that up online, didn't you? You need to somehow convince me, beyond reasonable doubt, that you knew it off the top of your head.

0r4ng3
07-01-2005, 06:30 PM
You looked that up online, didn't you? You need to somehow convince me, beyond reasonable doubt, that you knew it off the top of your head.
Why don't you look it up, then?

XYlophonetreeZ
07-01-2005, 06:51 PM
I've known all the states and capitals since I was 4. I just have this weird thing with geography. It is Cheyenne. Ask me another one.

punkangel
07-01-2005, 06:54 PM
What is one capital in the United States that has a river going by it?

(need capital itself, along with the state, and the name of the river)

arak0r
07-01-2005, 08:23 PM

the united states itself only has one capital. if you mean state capital.. well there are prolly more than just one, because i know for a fact boston has several rivers by it, and in it.

Mota Boy
07-01-2005, 08:41 PM

Little Rock, Arkansas. The Arkansas River.

Washington D.C. The Potomac

New Orleans, Louisiana. The Mississippi.

And I knew that capital of Wyoming also. One girl in my high school knew the capital of every country in the world. That was pretty impressive.

arak0r
07-01-2005, 08:45 PM
Little Rock, Arkansas. The Arkansas River.

Washington D.C. The Potomac

New Orleans, Louisiana. The Mississippi.

And I knew that capital of Wyoming also. One girl in my high school knew the capital of every country in the world. That was pretty impressive.

now see, i definately read her question wrong. i thought she meant as in, there is ONLY one state capital with a river in it. boston, mass = the charles.

oh and capital of louisianna is baton rouge.. isnt it?

HornyPope
07-01-2005, 08:48 PM
One girl in my high school knew the capital of every country in the world. That was pretty impressive.

Not really. If you just happen to learn all the capitals as you encounter them through your readings, then indeed it's an impressive, albeit unlikely, feat. But if you just memorize all the capitals for a competition or something, then I don't see the big deal. I mean- you have only like 190 states as recognised by the U.N. Give me a couple of hours and I'll have them all memorized too.

Mota Boy
07-01-2005, 08:51 PM
oh and capital of louisianna is baton rouge.. isnt it?
I'm a moron.

And pope - she hadn't crammed and memorized it, but retained the information over time. And it's much easier to remember the names of Western states than African and Asian capitals. I'll quiz you in Amsterdam.

HornyPope
07-01-2005, 08:55 PM
With the exception of Africa, which i'll admit I know nothing about, I very rarely run across a country whose capital I don't know.

edit: wait, there's definatly more capitals elsewhere in the world that I don't know outside of Africa. But it's really nothing I can't learn within a reasonable frame of time.

The Darkside Has Cookies
07-01-2005, 09:09 PM
Um is it Cheyenne? If it is just give me the Bon Jovi tickets,Im only 16 I can't drink beer.

arak0r
07-01-2005, 09:18 PM
Um is it Cheyenne? If it is just give me the Bon Jovi tickets,Im only 16 I can't drink beer.

little late arent you.

i myself know where most countries are geographically, and id say 90% of all national capitals outside of the smaller asian countries, and pretty much any african countries :p there was a cool little test a while ago where you had to place each country. wasnt easy when you get into the southeast asian countries and some of the -stan countries :|

SicN Twisted
07-01-2005, 10:28 PM
The Mississippi river runs through Baton Rouge too, doesn't it?

Rye
07-02-2005, 02:36 AM
I thought Kansas City was near the Missouri, could be wrong though.

arak0r
07-02-2005, 03:03 AM
and which state is kansas city the capital of?? Oh right, none.

Tizzalicious
07-02-2005, 04:15 AM
I'm a moron.

And pope - she hadn't crammed and memorized it, but retained the information over time. And it's much easier to remember the names of Western states than African and Asian capitals. I'll quiz you in Amsterdam.

True, I studied tourism for a while, i had to do a lot of topography, and trust me, Asia wasn't fun.

I was good at it though, I'd study for a few hours, get a great grade, but I forgot EVERYthing, I don't even remember the Dutch cities now. I didn't just have to learn where the cities where though, I had to know what important things you could do there too. It was horrible.

Sin Studly
07-02-2005, 04:54 AM
One girl in my high school knew the capital of every country in the world. That was pretty impressive.

For a Janqui that's amazing.

HornyPope
07-03-2005, 12:30 AM
A man recites pi to 83,000 digits (http://www.japantoday.com/e/?content=news&cat=2&id=342234)

Panzerfaust92
07-03-2005, 12:33 AM
That's huge to a geek of my standing. This changes my world.

Not Ozymandias
07-03-2005, 03:46 AM
"W" is the capitol of Wyoming.

LOL2005!!111