PDA

View Full Version : The offspring have a bad rep!

Sardukar
07-02-2005, 08:54 AM
I know 3 or 4 offspring fans personily, and when i ask people who like green day or blink, why they don't like the offspring.

All they say is that 'they are pop crap'.

All they hav heard are pretty fly and Hit that and they think that's all the offspring r. is it just me or does this happen to everyone eles? :confused:

0r4ng3
07-02-2005, 08:55 AM
I know 3 or 4 offspring fans personily, and when i ask people who like green day or blink, why they don't like the offspring.

All they say is that 'they are pop carp'.

All they hav heard are pretty fly and Hit that and they think that's all the offspring r. is it just me or does this happen to everyone eles? :confused:
blink-182 fans are calling The Offspring pop? Now I've heard everything.

Russel
07-02-2005, 08:58 AM
It happens all the time in Poland :) Cause The Offspring comparing to real punk bands is nothing but pop. If anyone wants I can send him some samples of polish punk, you'll see the difference :) However, The Offspring is still a great band, no matter how'd you call them

The-Offspring-RuLe
07-02-2005, 08:58 AM

All they say is that 'they are pop carp'.

What sad lives they must have

Sardukar
07-02-2005, 09:04 AM
Ive let them listen to other songs but there so narrow minded, once made up they can't change

The-Offspring-RuLe
07-02-2005, 09:07 AM
Ive let them listen to other songs but there so narrow minded, once made up they can't change

They are in-significant...they arent worth the air i breathe :D

Aimeht
07-02-2005, 09:07 AM
Don't listen to those idiots.

notoriousdoc
07-02-2005, 09:11 AM
There's nothing worse than listening to pop carp

http://www.gsmarina.com/carp.jpg

DougieD
07-02-2005, 09:33 AM
teh ofsprringg??/ tjhose guys scuk big african balls lol!!111 i hate taht pop carp .

Preecey
07-02-2005, 09:35 AM
There's nothing worse than listening to pop carp

You ought to photoshop that and edit a mic next to the carp's mouth.

gortesque
07-02-2005, 09:36 AM
lol, blink 182 is pop, offspring is pure rock / punk / punk rock

Sardukar
07-02-2005, 09:38 AM
ok ok, i made a typo, i fixed it

bouncingcoles
07-02-2005, 09:43 AM

its the end of the world

irkazoom
07-02-2005, 10:32 PM
Well, a lot of my friends think that offspring sucks, but DOES IT MATTERS WHAT THEY THINK?! If you like it, itīs not their problem.

0r4ng3
07-02-2005, 10:33 PM
Most of my friends have never even heard of The Offspring. The people that do know, however, consider them a good band.

original_prankster
07-02-2005, 10:35 PM
What you said...but I like Blink-182. Cheshire Cat is their funniest album..

I know one Offspring fan. The only album he owns is Americana, but it's the closest thing to another Offspring fan in my neighborhood.

This one girl was telling me that Offspring are teeny-bopper music. I played her Demons after she said that. I loved the look on her face. :rolleyes:

The meaning of life
07-02-2005, 11:33 PM
Don't call offspring punk because they we're only punk in The Offspring ans Ignition,
Now i used to call them Rock-Alternative

code_blue
07-02-2005, 11:44 PM
last time i checked it was green day who had turned into pop crap, not the offspring!

0r4ng3
07-02-2005, 11:57 PM
last time i checked it was green day who had turned into pop crap, not the offspring!
Well, thank you for bringing Green Day up again!

user name
07-03-2005, 01:41 AM
now now dont get cut wit green day they are good but so are the offspring! :cool:

Venom Symbiote
07-03-2005, 01:57 AM
QUOTE:
"'ol, blink 182 is pop, offspring is pure rock / punk / punk rock"

Yeah, and you're an ignorant slut. You bring a negative slant upon the perception of our race - you're too dumb to be an Israeli.

As for classification: who cares?

I listen to Ixnay, and hear metal-influenced punk-ISH alt-rock. I listen to Americana and hear pop-influenced pop-pop (aside from like 3 awesome songs). C01? Pop-punk in the vein of Sum 41. Splinter? Pop-punk in the vein of Sum 41 pretending to be punk-punk in the vein of old Offspring.

Do I care? Fuck no.

Fact is, the Offspring are not a traditional "punk band" anymore. If you think they are, you should be slain with a blunt rake and fed to a mutated homosexual hamster. I wouldn't WANT them to be a "straight-up punk band", because "straight-up punk bands" suck arse.

End of argument, bow to me, go fellate a rooster.

FaceTheFlames
07-03-2005, 01:09 PM
I know. I actually got invited to a party hosted by some metal-heads, and they were raggin on the Offspring.. (and Green Day) I might add. But, nowadays, people don't seem to understand, it is not the SOUND of the music that makes it punk.. it is what they are saying. Punk is being a deviot... not goin with the norm. Look at Blink (I am not hating on them), they said that Green Day was their inspiration.. but they don't sound anything like them, right? The reason they are punk is because they make fun of boy bands and other stupid crap.. that is what punk is.. in the words of Billie Joe Armstrong, "A guys came up to me and asked me what 'Punk' is. I kicked over a trash can and said 'that's punk!' and so he countered by kicking over another trash can and asked , 'that's punk?' and I said,'no, that's trendy.'"
~Tara
www.myspace.com/facetheflames
www.myspace.com/soflapunk

Betty
07-03-2005, 02:15 PM
Well, the thing is that a lot of my friends are around my age and were around when Smash was released and Self Esteem/Come Out And Play got HUGE. So, most of them know and respect the band from back in the day. Some of them think that Offspring was better before, as a lot of people do. My co-worker commented the other day that he still thinks they sound exactly the same as they always did which I thought was surprising. I even have a few friends who REALLY like the band, not even because of my influence.

The younger kids didn't grow up hearing Self Esteem on the radio or having Bad Habit played at parties with the naughty words muted so the parents wouldn't come and take the CD away and so it's understandable that they might have a distorted view of the band after hearing Original Prankster and Hit That.

Rancid_Guyxxx
07-03-2005, 03:12 PM
Well, the thing is that a lot of my friends are around my age and were around when Smash was released and Self Esteem/Come Out And Play got HUGE. So, most of them know and respect the band from back in the day. Some of them think that Offspring was better before, as a lot of people do. My co-worker commented the other day that he still thinks they sound exactly the same as they always did which I thought was surprising. I even have a few friends who REALLY like the band, not even because of my influence.

The younger kids didn't grow up hearing Self Esteem on the radio or having Bad Habit played at parties with the naughty words muted so the parents wouldn't come and take the CD away and so it's understandable that they might have a distorted view of the band after hearing Original Prankster and Hit That.

Very well said

coke_a_holic
07-14-2005, 10:20 PM
Look. Offspring is pop. Most music is pop. Deal with it. The only bands that come to mind at an instant which aren't pop are The Clash, AC/DC, Primus, and the Dead Kennnedys. If you like it, it's probably pop. Unless you listen to Death Metal. Seriously, it's okay to like poppy music. I like poppy music including Led Zeppelin, later Clash, and Sublime. Once again, deal with it.

Venom Symbiote
07-15-2005, 12:00 AM
Anyone who was introduced to the band in 1998 or later is NOT a proper Offspring fan. Hell, I'm barely in the "proper fan" category, I only got into them in 1887 with "The Meaning of Life" and "All I Want" on the radio.

Post-"Pretty Fly"? I don't *CARE* if you own all their albums or not, you could listen to Self-Titled on a daily basis and not have gotten into the band until 2001, and I'd still fucking talk down to you. Fact is, if you're 13 or whatever, you cannot REMEMBER The Offspring's hey-day. You can't remember when they were kings of the world, and a respected band - you only know them as they arse now.

And for that, you can never be a true Offspring loyalist.

Me being a Nazi or not, facts are facts.

The Offspring HAVE changed - I still love them to death, but more because "as much as you piss me off these days, after all you are the band that created Ixnay on the Hombre, probably the single greatest album of the mid-'90s in my opinion".

So bah to you. Bah to you all, indeed. ;)

coke_a_holic
07-15-2005, 12:20 AM
Anyone who was introduced to the band in 1998 or later is NOT a proper Offspring fan. Hell, I'm barely in the "proper fan" category, I only got into them in 1887 with "The Meaning of Life" and "All I Want" on the radio.

Post-"Pretty Fly"? I don't *CARE* if you own all their albums or not, you could listen to Self-Titled on a daily basis and not have gotten into the band until 2001, and I'd still fucking talk down to you. Fact is, if you're 13 or whatever, you cannot REMEMBER The Offspring's hey-day. You can't remember when they were kings of the world, and a respected band - you only know them as they arse now.

And for that, you can never be a true Offspring loyalist.

Me being a Nazi or not, facts are facts.

The Offspring HAVE changed - I still love them to death, but more because "as much as you piss me off these days, after all you are the band that created Ixnay on the Hombre, probably the single greatest album of the mid-'90s in my opinion".

So bah to you. Bah to you all, indeed. ;)

When you heard them means NOTHING. My favorite band is The Clash, I love them so much. Was I alive in 1979 during their extreme punk shows? No, but that doesn't mean I know nothing about them. You need to chill out, and not think you're superior because you listened to Offsping in 1997. I heard them in 1994 or 1995 with Self Esteem and Come out and Play, I'm not going to persecute you because I heard them a few years before you. Honestly...

TRUSTpunk
07-15-2005, 12:40 AM
Let me correct you on this. Americana was probably my first album but I blame
MTV for not playing their videos all the time. Those stupid fucks only play black
music such as Hip-Hop , R & B , Rap , and I fucking hate that shit.

After hearing Americana and realising how fucked up my life was at the time.
Songs like No-Brakes , Have You Ever , The Kids Aren't Alright , Feelings got
me hooked on their music because they reflect my emotions which is cool.

True Punk believe it or not is all about Emo type of music and thats
still the way that I see The Offspring's songs , look below and see.

Splinter has some pretty dark songs

. Lightning Rod
. (Can't Get My) Head Around You

Amazed
07-15-2005, 01:57 AM
Anyone who was introduced to the band in 1998 or later is NOT a proper Offspring fan.

Why aren't you a "proper Offspring fan" if you were introduced to the band in 1998 or later? Does it matter when you started listening to their music? :mad:

Marit
07-15-2005, 03:06 AM

Oh, you're a proper fan alright. You're probably the most hard-core fan here, seeing that you got into them in 1887 and all...

meaning_of_life
07-15-2005, 05:37 AM
When you heard them means NOTHING. My favorite band is The Clash, I love them so much. Was I alive in 1979 during their extreme punk shows? No, but that doesn't mean I know nothing about them. You need to chill out, and not think you're superior because you listened to Offsping in 1997. I heard them in 1994 or 1995 with Self Esteem and Come out and Play, I'm not going to persecute you because I heard them a few years before you. Honestly...
what he said. and puh-lease stop ending youre posts arrogantly. opionions arent limited to just you.