PDA

View Full Version : Offspring Becpoming popular (not pop) again

Hyper nova
07-02-2005, 10:51 AM
Is Offspring Becoming popular again lately they have had several 30 min slots on kerrang. Im currently watching 30 hour of live stuff on kerrang as well and Cant repeat is all over the place here in the UK (apart from stores for some reason).

I expect the GH will be a top ten album.

What do you guys think?

Italia311
07-02-2005, 10:53 AM
Greatest Hits debute at #8 in America. Pretty Good. Considering Splinter was 39 I think

Sardukar
07-02-2005, 11:00 AM
i hope they make a come back, i like green day and all but they played so much, it would be gd to see the offspring more

Nirushika6789
07-02-2005, 11:08 AM
yea i just saw the 1 hr on kerrang for offspring

30 mins to videos
30 mins live

they sound great live!
im going to see them in glasgow and they sound just lke they do in their videos!

if anyone seen the thing on kerrang did u c the girl jumping on stage and hugging dexter???

wtf? lol :confused:
love to do that but not worth the risk of getting thrown out! :p and missing the rest of the show

Fiver
07-02-2005, 11:09 AM
was the live stuff anything new i couldn't watch due to work

and your right cant repeat seems to be on all the rock music channels we have, i even saw the different version of it on mtv2

Sardukar
07-02-2005, 11:12 AM
yea i just saw the 1 hr on kerrang for offspring

30 mins to videos
30 mins live

they sound great live!
im going to see them in glasgow and they sound just lke they do in their videos!

if anyone seen the thing on kerrang did u c the girl jumping on stage and hugging dexter???

love to do that but not worth the risk of getting thrown out! :p and missing the rest of the show
im goin to glasgow 2, they not playin in Ierland?

Nirushika6789
07-02-2005, 11:14 AM
im goin to glasgow 2, they not playin in Ierland?

i know i was bloody rippin' :mad: lol

couldnt go to london so went to scotland

well at least i miss 2 days off school lol

have they ever did a showin ireland??
i wish they wud ! it would b great :D

no they arent doing a show in ireland ! why the hell arent they? like scotland and england are right bside ireland!!!

Ah well im still going anyway

on kerrang they played come out and play, hit that, the kids arent alright, long way home, cant get my head around u, gotta get away. i think thats it but i might have missed one but i dont think so...........

SkyRocker
07-02-2005, 11:21 AM
Is Offspring Becoming popular again lately they have had several 30 min slots on kerrang. Im currently watching 30 hour of live stuff on kerrang as well and Cant repeat is all over the place here in the UK (apart from stores for some reason).

I expect the GH will be a top ten album.

What do you guys think?
I don't think so, maybe i'm wrong ( and i hope it ) but they become "non-popular" these years and people don't care them except fans.
The only thing that would make The Offs popular again is a lot of advertising. I don't how it is in US or others but here in france, i've seen 3 times the ad so here, it'll be the same as it has been during the last years, plus the band don't care, i think

Nirushika6789
07-02-2005, 11:28 AM
the ad has been on a lot on kerrang but i havent seen it on any other channels and been looking out for it.......

i know this has nothing to do this thread but it saves me starting a new one....

does anyone know the release date for the 'the complete video music collection' in the UK?
I know its the nineteenth in america but when in the uk?
anyone know

killer_queen
07-02-2005, 11:30 AM
I hope you are right. I'd be very happy if they become popular again.

Hyper nova
07-02-2005, 11:31 AM
the ad has been on a lot on kerrang but i havent seen it on any other channels and been looking out for it.......

i know this has nothing to do this thread but it saves me starting a new one....

does anyone know the release date for the 'the complete video music collection' in the UK?
I know its the nineteenth in america but when in the uk?
anyone know

Latest Release Date for TCMVC is the 18th at the mo for UK

Nirushika6789
07-02-2005, 11:43 AM
:D :D :D thanks :D

Rye
07-02-2005, 12:20 PM
What did you mean by the "not pop" part of your post? When you think about it, they aren't THAT pop at all. Splinter was an experimental album with some pop sounding songs, but they also had Lightning Rod and The Noose which aren't really pop. And Conspiracy of One was more "punk" and less "pop" than Americana and Ixnay if you think about except for a couple exceptions. If you switched release dates of Co1 and Ixnay, which would you consider more pop?

Fiver
07-02-2005, 12:27 PM
^ some people might think that when he said popular he meant pop, he was just clarifying that this wasn't another thread claiming they were pop not punk

The-Offspring-RuLe
07-02-2005, 12:49 PM

I saw that bit with the girl hugging dexter, he didnt mind it though :D when they played 'The Kids Arent Alright' everyone went nuts....so did i lol i couldnt sit still :D i taped it as well...so i can watch it over and over again

Nirushika6789
07-02-2005, 12:52 PM
lol i know he didnt mind but did u c the security guard. he practically threw her lol

dexter couldnt stop smiling... im pretty sure she was smiling more though lol :D
wouldnt have minded bein her as long as she didnt get thrown out lol

i forgot to tape it but its on tomorrow so ill get it then...

The-Offspring-RuLe
07-02-2005, 01:04 PM
lol i know he didnt mind but did u c the security guard. he practically threw her lol

dexter couldnt stop smiling... im pretty sure she was smiling more though lol :D
wouldnt have minded bein her as long as she didnt get thrown out lol

i forgot to tape it but its on tomorrow so ill get it then...

A lad came on as well, and he got thrown off as well, harsh security guards but..it could of been anyone trying kill him or something...but anyway that live performance rocked...especially 'Long Way Home' and 'TKAA' and 'Worst Hangover Ever' was funny as well. Noodles's solo on 'Can't Get My Head Around You' was excellent he had a really cool sounding solo effect.

SeanAshmore
07-02-2005, 06:51 PM
neone able to upload it onto the net for download? i dont have kerrang :( im goin to see them in glasgow again in september but i cant wait that long lol

original_prankster
07-02-2005, 07:05 PM
I'm gonna see them at Warped in August, but I don't think I can wait that long either. Please upload it. :D

I've seen a ton of commercials on Adult Swim on Cartoon Network and on Fuse. I hope they get popular again. It would be cool if they made Next To You a single. :D

Mike_911
07-02-2005, 09:42 PM
the album debuted at #6 in canada

code_blue
07-02-2005, 10:37 PM
the offspring getting "popular" again is a good thing. the more successful the band is, the longer they will want to keep recording and touring. it's awesome to see your favorite band doing well; i love that my thirteen-year-old sister calls the offspring her favorite band, even though all of the other kids in her class probably listen to eminem or destiny's child or some other equally inane group and barely even know who the offspring are.

the only people who wish the offspring weren't "big" anymore are those losers who want to seem cool for liking underground, "punk" music, and can't bare to say they like a band that is actually charting on billboard. personally i'm stoked to see that offspring's greatest hits album debuted in the top 10 in both the US and canada. maybe this will make them realize that releasing a representative single of their true sound (can't repeat) actually helps to sell records!

blackballs
07-02-2005, 10:54 PM
I think The Offspring are becoming popular again because this may sound strange but it's true. My radio alarm went off this morning at 10:30, and Gone Away was playing, after I got something to eat I went and watched a re-run of Warped Wednesday and Can't Repeat was on, but it only gets wierder. Around Noon I head over to the bowling alley to meet some friends and they just put in a new "Jukebox" and Smash and Americana were in it. So after my friends and me listened to Self Esteem and Come Out and Play we left to come back to my place, right before we get out of the car Can't Repeat comes on the radio, now it's getting wierd. So we watch some tv and just mess around. Then one of my friends flips it to Mtv2 and Can't Repeat was on it, I was starting to freak out. So my friends left later in the day, I go take a shower (I left my tv on Fuse) and when I get out Can't Repeat was on again. So either it was a freaky coincidence or yes The Offspring are getting more popular again.

scream
07-03-2005, 12:48 AM
I think The Offspring are becoming popular again because this may sound strange but it's true. My radio alarm went off this morning at 10:30, and Gone Away was playing, after I got something to eat I went and watched a re-run of Warped Wednesday and Can't Repeat was on, but it only gets wierder. Around Noon I head over to the bowling alley to meet some friends and they just put in a new "Jukebox" and Smash and Americana were in it. So after my friends and me listened to Self Esteem and Come Out and Play we left to come back to my place, right before we get out of the car Can't Repeat comes on the radio, now it's getting wierd. So we watch some tv and just mess around. Then one of my friends flips it to Mtv2 and Can't Repeat was on it, I was starting to freak out. So my friends left later in the day, I go take a shower (I left my tv on Fuse) and when I get out Can't Repeat was on again. So either it was a freaky coincidence or yes The Offspring are getting more popular again.

that sounds like the perfect day to me.

Venom Symbiote
07-03-2005, 01:03 AM
The Offspring have always been big in Australia.

They're fucking revered down here, drunken surfy-fucks that we are. ;)

Oh well. Still don't sell that well. Green Day have brain-washed the masses with their political shit, as I'm sure Noodles would like to. I'm glad there Dexter and Greg are there to balance him out with a little moderate rational conservatism from time to time. ;)

BobdaAlkoholic
07-03-2005, 10:16 AM
The Offspring have always been big in Australia.

They're fucking revered down here, drunken surfy-fucks that we are. ;)

Oh well. Still don't sell that well. Green Day have brain-washed the masses with their political shit, as I'm sure Noodles would like to. I'm glad there Dexter and Greg are there to balance him out with a little moderate rational conservatism from time to time. ;)
Yea offspring debuted #2 in AUstralia so comapred to Splinter release they are doing a LOT better.

Hyper nova
07-03-2005, 03:26 PM
Sounds good to me that most think they are becoming popular. I think it can only be a good thing.

And yes when i said popular (not pop) i meant popular as in the true meaning of the word and not as in the still of music.

Venom Symbiote
07-03-2005, 05:08 PM
"Pop" is NOT a style of music. That's where half of this shitty debate COMES from.

"Pop" can be any style. Ballads and R&B are "pop" at the moment, while soft light-hearted rock was "pop" in the '60s with the Beatles and grungy-punk/alternative was "pop" in the '90s with Nirvana and The Offspring.

Yes, I just called Nirvana "pop". So sue me.

original_prankster
07-03-2005, 05:48 PM
You will be hearing from my lawyer in the morning.

Venom is right about what he said, by the way..

Gayman
07-03-2005, 05:51 PM
Yep...pop means any kind of music that's popular at the moment....

Tired_Of_You
07-03-2005, 05:59 PM
the album debuted at #6 in canadaIt's weird because I never hear it on the radio nor do I see it on TV.