PDA

View Full Version : Is there any advertising for the GH in your country?

BuddyHolly
07-02-2005, 02:00 PM
I saw a commercial for the GH on MTV The Netherlands a couple of days ago. Now I was wondering if anyone has seen it too or any other kind of ads. I guess the bad sales of Splinter were due to too less promotion and I was just wonder if it's any better for the GH.

killer_queen
07-02-2005, 02:01 PM
Noooooooooooo, ther's nothing.

notoriousdoc
07-02-2005, 02:04 PM
No, none here

original_prankster
07-02-2005, 02:10 PM
I've seen tons of commercials for Greatest Hits. I'm suprised it's getting so much advertisement. I've seen the Can't Repeat video a total of two times on TV... The second time, the video was very different. It was much BETTER.

The-Offspring-RuLe
07-02-2005, 02:11 PM
Yeah ive seen one today, it's always on Kerrang TV here in England, the advert basically outlines 'Pretty Fly For A White Guy' 'Why Don't You Get A Job' and 'Original Prankster' but that's it and it says it's out monday here..

HeadAroundU
07-02-2005, 02:59 PM
Advertising for Americana was really huge even in Slovakia!
after Americana nothing!
When Splinter came out I saw once at some "Czech TV" advertising for splinter! I was really surprised!
Now here in Slovakia for GH nothing.

darko
07-02-2005, 03:00 PM
no, on on normal tv and not on freeview, not to sure about sky....

original_prankster
07-02-2005, 03:02 PM
The clips in our commercials are Come Out And Play, Self Esteem (the commercial starts out with "LALA LALALA"), Pretty Fly, Kids Aren't Alright and Can't Repeat. It is an okay commercial. It is getting the job done, seeing as GH is number 8 on the charts.

Lithuanian Offspring
07-02-2005, 03:04 PM
I haven't even heard Can't Repeat on the radio. When Splinter came out they played Hit That like shit and they talked about the new album once.

Preocupado
07-02-2005, 03:07 PM
No, i think they didn`t put a dime on advertising up here. Since Splinter sold like warm croissants they won`t botter with propaganda.

Tijs
07-02-2005, 03:15 PM
I saw a commercial for the GH on MTV The Netherlands a couple of days ago. Now I was wondering if anyone has seen it too or any other kind of ads. I guess the bad sales of Splinter were due to too less promotion and I was just wonder if it's any better for the GH.
Where did you see the commercial, I really like to see it. I've been told there are also some posters spread around. Got to have me one of those.

Swill
07-02-2005, 03:16 PM
Tipp Fm has been running an ad for it.......just got it..........dvd is cool!!!!!
________
Ferrari F50 Gt Specifications (http://www.ferrari-wiki.com/wiki/Ferrari_F50_GT)

Nirushika6789
07-02-2005, 03:17 PM
it has been on a load of times on kerrang. its an ok ad ... but it only shows pretty fly for a white guy. original prankster, why dont u get a job?? they shuda put cant repeat on the ad but ah well.......

offspring kid
07-02-2005, 03:54 PM
Nope Nothin here in Norway ! The cant repeat single also isnt released in Norway :S DAMMIT !!!!!!

BuddyHolly
07-02-2005, 04:12 PM
Where did you see the commercial, I really like to see it. I've been told there are also some posters spread around. Got to have me one of those.

It has been on MTV (i've seen it one time). It shows cuts from Come Out & Play, Pretty Fly and Can't Repeat :) Now I'm waiting for the video of Can't Repeat to be shown on Dutch television. Haven't seen any posters or ads in magazines or something like that yet.

beautifulnightmare
07-02-2005, 04:42 PM
i saw one on mtv2:D hehe i went nuts when i saw it>_>

Johny_the_wierdo
07-02-2005, 05:58 PM
no commersials here... they play cant repeat on ONE station, and thats all! and not often.... too bad the dont get more promotion...

neocon58
07-02-2005, 06:47 PM
only heard can't repeat once on the radio. only heard an add for GH once on the radio. only saw a tv ad for GH once.

Gayman
07-02-2005, 07:12 PM
Some tv commersials and radio commersials...nothing big but something!

0r4ng3
07-02-2005, 07:54 PM
I've seen the commercial twice on Fuse, saw the (old) "Can't Repeat" video once, and I never heard it on the radio.

Camilamazed
07-02-2005, 09:01 PM
Nothing around here.... :rolleyes:

Pyro
07-03-2005, 03:18 AM
:D Nope i didn't see ad here. Even more: the salesmen in music shops here say "The Offspring don't have Greatest Hits". I had quite a laugh when i heard that on the 30th of June :D

Venom Symbiote
07-03-2005, 03:41 AM
Yeah, Triple M (same station that had that Dexter interview with that fat Turbo fuck around Splinter-release) is running ads a lot. I don't listen to the radio, but it's cranked at work. Being on a store sales-floor all day gives you the opportunity to veg out and actually take notice of ads for once in your boredom.

It's some jockish Aussie surfer-fuck "g'day mate" type screaming "Offspring Greatest Hits!" and shit, then they play (from memory) "CoaP", "Self Esteem", "Gone Away", "PFfaWG", "Original Prankster", "Hit That", and "Spare Me The Details". "WDYGAJ" may have been in there too, I can't remember. Probably wasn't. Then the idiotic advertising-voice dude screams some more meat-head tradesman-type falluffle, trying to entice all the "blokey" type tough guy young males to buy the record.

And no, I've yet to hear "Can't Repeat" on the radio in Australia. But then again, like I said: I only listen to it during the day at work, where they play AC/DC and Powerfinger, not much else. :D Aussie-rock sucks dong. I'm sure it's been played a bit down here, very likely in those night-time chart-type shows. I have seen the video on Channel V and MTV though, after my little pop-star wannabe brother alerted me to it.

*shrugs*

The again: The Offspring always get a good deal down here in Australia. As a country, we love 'em. Which kinda sucks. Too many casual fans at shows, not enough hardcores. Hell, when I went last year, even the hardcorest of hardcore fans were wearing Rancid and A.F.I. shirts. :rolleyes:

Jesus
07-03-2005, 04:09 AM
Yeah in Belgium: ads on TMF and posters around the cities and on festivals

stathis21
07-03-2005, 04:28 AM
here in Greece they show us can't repeat on t.v. or on radio sometimes!!just this!!! :o

gortesque
07-03-2005, 04:56 AM
i saw a commerical with wdygaj, pretty fly and orginial prankster...
"14 songs that you know, including:"
:\

Piedude
07-03-2005, 04:58 AM
Sounds like the Zane Lowe advert alright...

Punk_Conspiracy
07-03-2005, 06:09 AM
I've heard from friends that there are commercials for the album on TV, which I think is awesome because I barely ever see album commercials. There are literally tons and tons of advertising posters going up around Sydney, and I still haven't managed to swipe any. Though as far as street press advertising goes - nil.

Rancid_Guyxxx
07-03-2005, 09:21 AM
Ive seen the commericial about 10 times over here in canada. They don't play it anymore though, and I've only seen can't repeat on the tv once.

Pay The Man
07-03-2005, 09:26 AM
Haha, just saw the advert for the first time on Kerrang!. Out tomorrow in the UK, so nice timing.

kaze
07-03-2005, 09:51 AM
Just saw it on Ch4. Surprises me that they don't mention Can't Repeat.

Aimeht
07-03-2005, 09:52 AM
Not really. I haven't seen anything, I don't know if any other Swedish ppl have... Not around here.

bouncingcoles
07-03-2005, 10:51 AM
i see a lot of advertising here, on tv on channels like fuse and mtv and mtv2 and online like myspace.

BuddyHolly
07-05-2005, 01:36 PM
Yesterday I saw the commercial on MTV again :)

TheUnholyNightbringer
07-05-2005, 01:39 PM
There's one in England. Advertises Pretty Fly, then Why Don't You Get A Job?, then Original Prankster.. then Pretty Fly again. To be expected, I suppose.

SkyRocker
07-05-2005, 01:57 PM
Here, in france, we can see the advertisement sometimes, we hear gone way, wdygab, tkaa and can't repeat and a voice said "only tubes" ( or hits, don't know how to translate ). Can't Repeat is on two radios now.

Zee
07-05-2005, 02:09 PM
Yup, they promote their gig in Finland and the Greatest Hits at the same tv ad.

Cejus
07-05-2005, 02:30 PM
The only thing I've seen is a yellow poster on the street, with the skull on it, saying that GH would be released the 28th...

smileemptysoul44
07-05-2005, 02:33 PM
only on cable tv

Venom Symbiote
07-05-2005, 06:58 PM
QUOTE:
"Though as far as street press advertising goes - nil."

Free alternative hippy street press sucks, anyway. What's your point?

And what are these posters in Sydney like?