PDA

View Full Version : Offspring and Live8????

SeanAshmore
07-02-2005, 09:49 PM
Anyone else here think they should have been involved? maybe they were and i didnt see it cus im in the uk?

I know theyre busy with the warped tour, i just think it wulda been cool to see them involved in a piece of history, (not that they havnt created enuff of their own). Greenday did a set at it i think?? in Philadelphia??

curuja
07-02-2005, 09:54 PM
Green day was in Berlin I guess... But, I think that Offspting would have get involved on it. It would be a good oportunity to see them live on TV... :(

Venom Symbiote
07-03-2005, 12:08 AM
:rolleyes:

They're too intelligent to get involved with idealist unrealistic brainwash scams like the Live8 series of concerts. ;)

For shame, you debilitating bastard.

neocon58
07-03-2005, 12:16 AM
Greendays set was in berlin.

user name
07-03-2005, 12:45 AM
hey no fair i only got to hear green day on the radio 4 live 8! there was no live streaming ova the net that i no of!? :rolleyes:

but yeah the whole live 8 thing is a rought/money making scheem!

and the offspring prob woulnt be in it and if they did they'd sing kill the president! :D

Venom Symbiote
07-03-2005, 12:48 AM
Noodles and his "Not My President" shirt is really starting to shit me off, too.

I mean, goddamn - talk about conformist and Green Day-esque image-whoring. I tell you, there are little 12 year old girls walking around here, IN FRICKIN' AUSTRALIA, wearing those tee's. "Not My President".

Well fucking DUH! Little ignorant whores. Of course he's not your President.

I blame Noodies and all the other similar-shirt-wearing celebs. :mad:

*goes off in a huff*

You piss me off - still love ya, though, Noodles. You're a champ. But a hippy champ. :cool:

notoriousdoc
07-03-2005, 02:21 AM
hey no fair i only got to hear green day on the radio 4 live 8! there was no live streaming ova the net that i no of!? :rolleyes:

but yeah the whole live 8 thing is a rought/money making scheem!

and the offspring prob woulnt be in it and if they did they'd sing kill the president! :D
The streaming was on AOL but I couldn't watch it because my WMP sucks

Dexter_italy
07-03-2005, 02:37 AM
Noodles and his "Not My President" shirt is really starting to shit me off, too.

I mean, goddamn - talk about conformist and Green Day-esque image-whoring. I tell you, there are little 12 year old girls walking around here, IN FRICKIN' AUSTRALIA, wearing those tee's. "Not My President".

Well fucking DUH! Little ignorant whores. Of course he's not your President.

I blame Noodies and all the other similar-shirt-wearing celebs. :mad:

*goes off in a huff*

You piss me off - still love ya, though, Noodles. You're a champ. But a hippy champ. :cool:

why shoud it piss you off? he wears a shirt with his thoughts, if the 12years old girls don't understand it it's not his foult. I like his shirt I wouln't like a shirt with bush's face and an heart, that woukd piss many peolple off.
________
MOTORCYCLE TIRES (http://www.motorcycle-tech.com/tires/motorcycle-tires)

Venom Symbiote
07-03-2005, 02:42 AM
Because you're retarded, and Italian. That's why.

Venom Symbiote
07-03-2005, 03:58 AM
:rolleyes: I don't like Howard. And I don't like Bush. But Bush is too DUMB to be as evil as everyone says he is: that's half my argument itself. The man is simply not SMART enough to be a tyrant. He's just a lackey, like Reagan. Hell, blame Rumsfeld and Cheney if you want to blame anyone. And, put simply: half the 12-year-old Bush-haters wouldn't even know who Rumsfeld and Cheney are. Which is sad, incredibly sad.

As for calling me a racist? Come on, that's just downright offensive. Going too far there. Not being a staunch liberal doesn't automatically make you a hick. :eek: I'm against racism as much as anyone, and don't really see what it has to do with this debate over Noodles and his political slogans.

But yeah, funny pic that you posted, though. :)

Piedude
07-03-2005, 04:01 AM
On a related note, if anyone in the UK got bored of watching whatever was on Hyde Park live 8 at 6:30 they could have switched to kerrang and watched a half hour live offspring show..like I did..

Camilamazed
07-03-2005, 02:36 PM
Everyone thinks they should've been involved in Live 8 however no one talked about the reason they haven't.
Does anyone know about it?

barangatang
07-03-2005, 02:41 PM
LIVE 8 is a complete rip-off they arn't raising MONEY their raising "awarness" the dying kids in africa do need awareness but the also need sumthing more important Food and drugs. why dosn't live 8 charge ppl for admission then they could give awareness and cash :confused:

Amiralanal
07-03-2005, 02:44 PM
LIE8. they said the sex pistols were reforming for live8.
i was so dissa-fuckin-pointed. sat all day in front of the TV watching crappy pop, thinking that the sex pistols would play. FUck LIE8

0r4ng3
07-03-2005, 02:47 PM
LIE8. they said the sex pistols were reforming for live8.
i was so dissa-fuckin-pointed. sat all day in front of the TV watching crappy pop, thinking that the sex pistols would play. FUck LIE8
And why exactly would the Sex Pistols play at a concert like Live8? Are they even around anymore?

Camilamazed
07-03-2005, 02:50 PM
No one answers Cammy :(

greek
07-03-2005, 02:55 PM
they are n't showing cause they already have scheduled shows. they are on tour. I'M WATCHING RIGHT NOW THE WHOLE LIVE8 ON TV FROM ALL THE COUNTRIES :D

Hyper nova
07-03-2005, 03:02 PM
Check my (and others) ideas on the Subject Here (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11577)

SeanAshmore
07-03-2005, 06:57 PM
No one answers Cammy :(

I thought it was just cus of the warped tour or watever?? plus they've never been a political band so maybe they wanna keep themselves seperate.

IdiotOfTheDay
07-03-2005, 07:20 PM
:rolleyes:

They're too intelligent to get involved with idealist unrealistic brainwash scams like the Live8 series of concerts. ;)

For shame, you debilitating bastard.
Hahah, yeah, my friend's dad was talking about that...
"Those people are living in Africa in the middle of the DESERT. Now, is there any food, water, or shelter in the DESERT?!"
*is a bit scared* "Uh....no....?"
"No! Of course not! They're stupid! They should just move out of the desert, not have people do fundraisers for them!"

IdiotOfTheDay
07-03-2005, 07:21 PM
I thought it was just cus of the warped tour or watever?? plus they've never been a political band so maybe they wanna keep themselves seperate.
Whoawhoawhoawhoawhoa. Have you listened to the self-titled album? Somehow I highly doubt that. And don't you know that Noodles mainly hangs around the politics forum?

Camilamazed
07-03-2005, 07:22 PM
Whoawhoawhoawhoawhoa. Have you listened to the self-titled album? Somehow I highly doubt that. And don't you know that Noodles mainly hangs around the politics forum?

I was going to say something like that :cool:

Venom Symbiote
07-03-2005, 09:51 PM
QUOTE:
"Hahah, yeah, my friend's dad was talking about that...
"Those people are living in Africa in the middle of the DESERT. Now, is there any food, water, or shelter in the DESERT?!"
*is a bit scared* "Uh....no....?"
"No! Of course not! They're stupid! They should just move out of the desert, not have people do fundraisers for them!""

Woah, woah, woah. Just because I think Live8 is a crock, don't put me in the same light as him. Your friend's dad sounds like a retard. I'm all FOR helping the African nations get their shit together: but the manner of going about it (rock concerts attended for free by the wealthy middle-class developed nations, in exchange for their "awareness") is just plain shitty. Tell your friend his dad is a cock.

And The Offspring not political? Not now. Were they? "Kill the President" and most of "Smash" come to mind. :rolleyes: Of course they were. It's why they and Pennywise got along so well, and about the only reason for that.