PDA

View Full Version : Restraining order

Annoying
07-03-2005, 09:41 AM
How do you go about getting one? Do you have to have proof on the person or can just the fear of them be enough?

Panzerfaust92
07-03-2005, 09:42 AM
You have to do it in court

Jhonny
07-03-2005, 09:44 AM
Sad to hear you might need that.

Preecey
07-03-2005, 09:45 AM
Sounds like a plan.

TheUnholyNightbringer
07-03-2005, 09:46 AM
Who needs restraining order? Iron bar would work just as well.

Annoying
07-03-2005, 09:47 AM
So nobody has any real answers then?

TheUnholyNightbringer
07-03-2005, 09:50 AM
Well I've never had to get one.

So no.

Endymion
07-03-2005, 10:04 AM
you need to give a judge just cause.

Linda
07-03-2005, 11:44 AM
A restraining order doesn't do shit anyway. The person could come kill you before the cops could even get there. You have to learn to protect yourself.

TheUnholyNightbringer
07-03-2005, 11:45 AM
.. hence the "Iron bar" suggestion.

cowbell
07-03-2005, 11:46 AM
ProWar bastard.

clokey43
07-03-2005, 11:47 AM
Where ya from? in da Uk it all bout courts n police! Piss to get one rlly, jus say i feel threatened by them! lol

I Back the iron bar suggestion thou!

cowbell
07-03-2005, 11:49 AM
ProWar retarded bastard.

Little_Miss_1565
07-03-2005, 01:42 PM
Restraining orders do work. If you have an order against someone and they violate it, even if they're just standing outside your window waving, you can call the police and they will come arrest that person for violating the restraining order. If you don't have one and they just do shit to be psychologically terrorizing like that, there's not much the cops can do.

You get a restraining order by contacting the police. Then they can help you through the paperwork and getting it before a judge.

I also recommend learning self-defence. The RAD program (Rape Agression Defense) teaches a lot of good common-sense sort of self-defense for women. I swear by that program.

Camilamazed
07-03-2005, 02:07 PM
What is a restraining order?

clokey43
07-03-2005, 02:57 PM
Its a legally binding order that forbids a certain person going within a certain distance of you or your family / property.

Basically if u got some loser who is abusing ya, smashing up ya stuff n threatening then u get restraining order in if they come near u u ring police they get arested and probably put in jail.
Gd stuff!

St. Jimmy
07-03-2005, 03:03 PM
I once made a restraining order to my friend...the court didn't give me one...

Camilamazed
07-03-2005, 03:04 PM
Its a legally binding order that forbids a certain person going within a certain distance of you or your family / property.

Basically if u got some loser who is abusing ya, smashing up ya stuff n threatening then u get restraining order in if they come near u u ring police they get arested and probably put in jail.
Gd stuff!

Thank you :D

Linda
07-03-2005, 03:51 PM
A restraining order doesn't do shit anyway. The person could come kill you before the cops could even get there. You have to learn to protect yourself.

Again, I say......^^^

True story.

I got a restraining order on my ex. He came to the house one night, his sister and her boyfriend were there. He pulled a knife on me, his sis and b/f left and called the cops. The cops drove by the house but never stopped.
My ex sliced my finger, blood all over the place. I could have been dead in that house and the cops wouldn't have known since they didn't even stop and come to the door.

So, I repeat.....the person you have the restraining order on can get to you and kill you before the cops get to you or even attempt to get to you. It's just a worthless court order, doesn't do shit to protect you.

TheUnholyNightbringer
07-03-2005, 03:53 PM
Hence my Iron Bar comment!

Why doesn't anyone listen to me?!

Linda
07-03-2005, 03:54 PM
I can only imagine what you replied, but since I can't see it, I really don't care.

TheUnholyNightbringer
07-03-2005, 03:55 PM
Way to be paranoid. I was agreeing with you. Sort of.

Someone quote me so she knows what I'm saying.

0r4ng3
07-03-2005, 03:57 PM
Hence my Iron Bar comment!

Why doesn't anyone listen to me?!
There's the quote. Hope I'm not on the ignore list too (ha wishful thinking).

TheUnholyNightbringer
07-03-2005, 03:58 PM
No, I meant about me agreeing with her. She won't know about the Iron Bar thing.

0r4ng3
07-03-2005, 04:02 PM
Who needs restraining order? Iron bar would work just as well.
You mean this quote?

Edit: This whole "ignore list" thing is a real hassle sometimes.

TheUnholyNightbringer
07-03-2005, 04:02 PM
That'll do.

clokey43
07-04-2005, 12:52 AM
Again, I say......^^^

True story.

I got a restraining order on my ex. He came to the house one night, his sister and her boyfriend were there. He pulled a knife on me, his sis and b/f left and called the cops. The cops drove by the house but never stopped.
My ex sliced my finger, blood all over the place. I could have been dead in that house and the cops wouldn't have known since they didn't even stop and come to the door.

So, I repeat.....the person you have the restraining order on can get to you and kill you before the cops get to you or even attempt to get to you. It's just a worthless court order, doesn't do shit to protect you.

Sorry to hear this, musta been shit! What a physco. You can get good iron bars from any scaffolding site lol!

arak0r
07-04-2005, 01:23 AM
Again, I say......^^^

True story.

hmmmm id feel like an asshole for making some comment about how that would have been great.. but still.. too assholerific for even me.

Tizzalicious
07-04-2005, 02:46 AM

here you go.

Sin Studly
07-04-2005, 03:17 AM

In the majority of cases restraining orders work, because they're designed to keep people from harassing you, not keep them from killing you. It's not the laws fault you're so annoying that people just can't resist trying to stick a knife in you.

To the idiot that wanted one, you're a fucking moron. If you want a restraining order, try... oh, I dunno... calling the cops to complain about whoevers harassing you. They'll tell you how to go about filing for a restraining order a lot better than anybody on this bbs, and you damn well know it. You just have some stupid story you want to share with anybody, and are just dying for somebody to ask why you need an RO so that you can tell it.

Stop posting and consider suicide, retard.

Oh, and joey... I dunno how to say this, but you're a pussy. Not an asshole. Accept it.

Linda
07-04-2005, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnholyNightbringer

Please accept my apology. I'm sorry. It's just strange for anyone here to agree with me.

darko
07-04-2005, 04:13 PM
a Restraining order can only be applied in court when the individual is getting his charges, you can get a ASBO {in this courty anyway} without a court order

TheUnholyNightbringer
07-04-2005, 04:14 PM
Please accept my apology. I'm sorry. It's just strange for anyone here to agree with me.

No problem. :)

St. Jimmy
07-04-2005, 04:16 PM

How old are you?

Linda
07-04-2005, 04:32 PM
How old are you?

I'm your grandma. What are you doing posting on this site? :mad:

St. Jimmy
07-04-2005, 04:33 PM
I'm your grandma. What are you doing posting on this site? :mad:

I'm sorry grandma! Don't tell my mom! please.

Linda
07-04-2005, 04:59 PM
I'm sorry grandma! Don't tell my mom! please.

I won't for now, but I better not hear any bad reports about you from her.