PDA

View Full Version : Josh Freese Drumming On Can't Repeat?

rundorunto
07-03-2005, 10:11 AM
On the copy of Greatest Hits that I had a look at, it credited Josh Freese for drumming on the track Can't Repeat.
Does it say this on any other copies of the Greatest Hits?
And if so, why didn't Atom drum on the track?

BobdaAlkoholic
07-03-2005, 10:19 AM
The track was recorded during Splinter-era before Atom was officially recruited.

rundorunto
07-03-2005, 10:27 AM
The track was recorded during Splinter-era before Atom was officially recruited.

If it was recorded during the Splinter era, wouldn't Brendan O'Brien have produced the track, instead of Jerry Finn?

And why was there news posts in March about the band recording "new songs, covers and even reworked older songs" for the Greatest Hits if they had already been done?

0r4ng3
07-03-2005, 10:37 AM
The new song for Greatest Hits, the one that was produced by Jerry Finn, is "Next to You"

Preecey
07-03-2005, 10:38 AM
Isn't there already a thread to this? I think it was by Offspring Kid.

bouncingcoles
07-03-2005, 10:40 AM
On the copy of Greatest Hits that I had a look at, it credited Josh Freese for drumming on the track Can't Repeat.
Does it say this on any other copies of the Greatest Hits?
And if so, why didn't Atom drum on the track?

i think it was a mistake, i know for a fact it wasnt recorded during the splinter era, because 1st, it was produced by jerry fin, 2nd the drumming sounds much much different then any of the drumming on splinter, anyone with a brain can notice that, 3rd if it was an unreleased song it would have said that on the advertisments and noodles and dexter would have told us on there posts about the greatest hits album.

rundorunto
07-03-2005, 10:49 AM
The new song for Greatest Hits, the one that was produced by Jerry Finn, is "Next to You"

If so, why does it say in the booklet that the track Can't Repeat was produced by Jerry Finn? It seems that Next To You would have most likely been recorded during the same sessions as Can't Repeat.

i think it was a mistake, i know for a fact it wasnt recorded during the splinter era, because 1st, it was produced by jerry fin, 2nd the drumming sounds much much different then any of the drumming on splinter, anyone with a brain can notice that, 3rd if it was an unreleased song it would have said that on the advertisments and noodles and dexter would have told us on there posts about the greatest hits album.

You would think they would double-check the booklet for such mistakes before printing.

nameless
07-03-2005, 02:31 PM

i agree with you there, the drumming doesnt sound how it usualy does with the offspring, its very different in fact!

crrrN
07-03-2005, 02:48 PM
I think it's Atom drumming, my booklet doesn't even have the name Josh Freese of Atom Willard in it, just Ron Welty.

Venom Symbiote
07-03-2005, 04:51 PM
"Can't Repeat" was NOT a Splinter reject session. He wrote it on his round-the-world flight, he's said this.

:rolleyes: Fools.

Still doesn't explain why Josh is doing the drumming, though. *shrugs* I think we all need to ask Noodles. :cool: