PDA

View Full Version : Offspring Live Album???

LukyItalion74
07-03-2005, 12:54 PM
I Think that the offspring should make a live album, maybe recorded when they tour Europe...What do you guys think?

Aimeht
07-03-2005, 12:55 PM
Yeah, that would be cool.

clokey43
07-03-2005, 12:56 PM
Thats a great idea. Ive got RHCP and Rammstein live and they sound even more ausome live. Recon an album like that would be electric!

offspring_freak_3
07-03-2005, 12:57 PM
Buy A Bootleg :D

clokey43
07-03-2005, 01:01 PM
^ nt quite sure what that comment means?

Preecey
07-03-2005, 01:03 PM
I've got a bootleg of 1991 Live and Woodstock '99, as well as Live in Bercy on CD that I got from that Polish site. It's worth checking out, they have loads of 'em.

clokey43
07-03-2005, 01:18 PM
wtf is a bootleg? Last time i knew it was a cut of trousers and a nick name for people who brought cheap ciggies in bulk n sold em on!

offspringdude17
07-03-2005, 01:25 PM
ow that is a cool id offspring live at europe cool

Preecey
07-03-2005, 01:26 PM
It's, like, illegal copies or unofficial copies that you can download. Go to that polish site. There's tons of the stuff, and you can figure it all out even if you don't know a word of Polish. I managed it. 'Teledidski' isn't hard to understand.

clokey43
07-03-2005, 01:30 PM
Ok excellent thanks...........ill definatly do that! thanks

Lars
07-03-2005, 02:15 PM
If you go through all the singles they've released you could probably compile your own live disc from the live b-sides released.

Camilamazed
07-03-2005, 02:18 PM
I've thought about that but not exactly a CD. I thought they'd come up with a DVD with a song from each country they've been.They'd pic the song which the audience were insane the most, you know. That'd be perfect :D

clokey43
07-03-2005, 02:21 PM
Thats a pretty kewl idea! Oh if only, i would totaly buy it!

nameless
07-03-2005, 02:26 PM
ive got the pro shot gig at wembley in 2001! its brilliant!

LukyItalion74
07-03-2005, 03:04 PM
well, all the ideas are good, but Im talking about a good, remastered, High quality, songs from all the years...cd... The bootlegs are of some pretty bad quality...

Camilamazed
07-03-2005, 03:12 PM
Yeah, that's right. But the great thing about Bootlegs is that all the tracks are naturally recorded.Maybe a legal cd wouldn't sound that natural, you know.

LukyItalion74
07-03-2005, 03:32 PM
ya, but like, the other Day I was listing to 'Nirvana's MTV Unplugged in NY' and 'From the Muddy Banks of Witchta' albums, and I thought, 'wouldent it be awsome if the offspring did an album like that?'... so ya, either way, live albums usualy do very well, and don't require the artists to make new songs...PLUS, if they put some songs from ignition and s/t, they could make ppl who hated gh happy...

pretty_fly_white_guy858
07-03-2005, 08:46 PM
They have one. Bercey (sp) 2001

Mike_911
07-03-2005, 08:52 PM
they were thinking of doing one back in the americana days but decided against it

ChangingAgain
07-04-2005, 08:21 AM
They have one out already. I was at the flea market one day cause it has all the best cds for only about 5 bucks and i saw when i bought ixnay. i would have both but didn't have the money. it has songs from smash and ixnay if i remember correctly.

Cejus
07-04-2005, 08:57 AM
No people, they don't have any official live album. They've put out some bootlegs from many shows, and there are some pro-video-shots from some concerts (Wembley, Rockpalast 97, Woodstock...) but they aren't official, if you know what I mean. It would be nice if they put out some live album, or even an unplugged album!! :D MTV Unplugged.... mmmmh :rolleyes: hehe

Like Nirvana's MTV Unplugged, it kicks ass!! :cool:

platinumpt
07-04-2005, 09:10 AM
I have a few songs from the Offspring played live, and they're pretty cool! I have about 40 songs. The only problem is, they were recorded in various concerts, some of them came with the singles, but you can obviously notice a difference in Dexter's voice changing from song to song... I think the only way to make it sound right would be to record a CD from an unique concert! And that's kinda hard, I have the recording of the Wembley Arena 2001, and there's a couple of moments in which Dexter's voice fails a bit, it's hard to keep up that rhythm for more than an hour!!! In Woodstock 99 happens the same, I think there are songs which are much better than other ones.

I think the best Offspring live performances are those "loose" songs, like the ones that we could hear in "Huck IT", from various concerts, which were Gone Away, TKAA, LAPD, All I Want, Staring At The Sun, I'm not sure if there were more. But this brings up the sound problem I mentioned earlier! :(

In the MTV concert Smash to Splinter, Dexter's voice sounded great too!! I've heard gotta get away, come out and play, long way home, hit that, CGMHAY, I can hardly wait to see the entire set, I've heard that they were going to put it in the DVD to be released this month, is that true? :confused:

RonWelty
07-04-2005, 09:13 AM
I have a few songs from the Offspring played live, and they're pretty cool! I have about 40 songs. The only problem is, they were recorded in various concerts, some of them came with the singles, but you can obviously notice a difference in Dexter's voice changing from song to song... I think the only way to make it sound right would be to record a CD from an unique concert! And that's kinda hard, I have the recording of the Wembley Arena 2001, and there's a couple of moments in which Dexter's voice fails a bit, it's hard to keep up that rhythm for more than an hour!!! In Woodstock 99 happens the same, I think there are songs which are much better than other ones.

I think the best Offspring live performances are those "loose" songs, like the ones that we could hear in "Huck IT", from various concerts, which were Gone Away, TKAA, LAPD, All I Want, Staring At The Sun, I'm not sure if there were more. But this brings up the sound problem I mentioned earlier! :(

In the MTV concert Smash to Splinter, Dexter's voice sounded great too!! I've heard gotta get away, come out and play, long way home, hit that, CGMHAY, I can hardly wait to see the entire set, I've heard that they were going to put it in the DVD to be released this month, is that true? :confused:

parece que sim [ seems so ]

platinumpt
07-04-2005, 09:20 AM

A sério???? Porreiro!!!!!

Já sou fan dos Offspring há mais de 10 anos (tempos do Smash), mas só hoje me inscrevi aqui no site... já ando a ler os posts há bastante tempo, por acaso já tinha reparado que eras português e punhas aqui uns posts ehehe espero que Offspring venha a Portugal este ano, senão lá vou ter eu que viajar outra vez, como fui o ano passado a Barcelona lol :D

Sorry guys, nothing special, just dicussing about how I hoped The Offspring would come to Portugal this year... and how cool it would be to have that Smash To Splinter set in the DVD!!!! :)

RonWelty
07-04-2005, 09:22 AM

A sério???? Porreiro!!!!!

Já sou fan dos Offspring há mais de 10 anos (tempos do Smash), mas só hoje me inscrevi aqui no site... já ando a ler os posts há bastante tempo, por acaso já tinha reparado que eras português e punhas aqui uns posts ehehe espero que Offspring venha a Portugal este ano, senão lá vou ter eu que viajar outra vez, como fui o ano passado a Barcelona lol :D

Sorry guys, nothing special, just dicussing about how I hoped The Offspring would come to Portugal this year... and how cool it would be to have that Smash To Splinter set in the DVD!!!! :)

eu o ano passado fui a Barcelona e a Lisboa ..mau ano ... :(

Camilamazed
07-04-2005, 09:23 AM
Opaaaaaaaaaaaa

Alguém que escuta Offy há 10 anos como eu....... :D

RonWelty
07-04-2005, 09:25 AM
Opaaaaaaaaaaaa

Alguém que escuta Offy há 10 anos como eu....... :D
eu tb ...e tou aqui :S

Preecey
07-04-2005, 09:27 AM
Um, anyway...I didn't like Gotta Get Away so much until I heard the Live In Bercy Gotta Get Away. Now I love it.

Camilamazed
07-04-2005, 09:27 AM
Nossa......

Achei que fosse só eu e o Johny Nemesis que ouvimos a tanto tempo. Estou vendo que estou muitíssimo enganada hehe....

Quantos anos vcs tem?
:D

RonWelty
07-04-2005, 09:28 AM
Nossa......

Achei que fosse só eu e o Johny Nemesis que ouvimos a tanto tempo. Estou vendo que estou muitíssimo enganada hehe....

Quantos anos vcs tem?

eu ouvia Come out and Play quando andava na escola :X loooooooooool

platinumpt
07-04-2005, 09:35 AM
Ora, já tinha reparado em vocês os dois!!! A Camila é brasileira, o Ron português... pois ó Ron, eu TAMBÉM fui a Barcelona e a Lisboa!!! LOL! E eu a pensar que tinha sido o único maluco a fazer uma coisa dessas... espectaculo! Curti MUITO Sun eats hours em Barcelona, ate tenho os CDs dos gajos, e o concerto de Off foi genial, mas nada como vê-los cá ;)! Já agora, eu sou do Porto, e tu?

Eu tenho 24 anos, tb ouço desde os tempos da escola, a altura do SMASH!!! Tinha praí 13 anos... :D e tu Camila? Vocês já pensaram em criar um post para falar português?

Camilamazed
07-04-2005, 09:37 AM
Noosa, ouvir desde os tempos de escola é demais hehe.

Eu na verdade escuto desde os 14 anos.Logo quando o Smash e o Dookie estouraram.

O Raphael, outro brasileiro, abriu o tópico mais ninguém conversava.Hoje se abrirmos outro terá que ser no general Chat porques e não a Little Miss fecha ele hehe.

Eu tenho 25 aninhos.

Marit
07-04-2005, 09:40 AM
If I'm not mistaken, they've talked about making one for 7-8 years, so I think, that maybe it's time that they actually do it.

platinumpt
07-04-2005, 09:41 AM
Noosa, ouvir desde os tempos de escola é demais hehe.

Eu na verdade escuto desde os 14 anos.Logo quando o Smash e o Dookie estouraram.

O Raphael, outro brasileiro, abriu o tópico mais ninguém conversava.Hoje se abrirmos outro terá que ser no general Chat porques e não a Little Miss fecha ele hehe.

Eu tenho 25 aninhos.

Sim, o Dookie dos Green Day também é um CD excelente!!! Mas nada como os nossos "Offy" né? ;)

Também fui em busca do material antigo, mas já foi mais recentemente, talvez há uns 5 anitos, não tinha o Ignition nem o anterior. Também estão muito bons! Que achaste do GHits? Eu fiquei desiludido, preferia esperar mais um ou dois anos pelo próximo CD de originais... mas continuo a adorar Offspring!!! OFFSPRING RULESSSS

LukyItalion74
07-04-2005, 09:41 AM
Could we please keep this thread english, since it is becomeing ever so popular...

Camilamazed
07-04-2005, 09:46 AM
Could we please keep this thread english, since it is becomeing ever so popular...

Well, I'm sorry if it bothers you.This is a public forum and we can talk in a language we feel like.

we don't ask you to talk in our languge, right? If we want to understand we study... So...... ;)

Camilamazed
07-04-2005, 09:48 AM
Sim, o Dookie dos Green Day também é um CD excelente!!! Mas nada como os nossos "Offy" né? ;)

Também fui em busca do material antigo, mas já foi mais recentemente, talvez há uns 5 anitos, não tinha o Ignition nem o anterior. Também estão muito bons! Que achaste do GHits? Eu fiquei desiludido, preferia esperar mais um ou dois anos pelo próximo CD de originais... mas continuo a adorar Offspring!!! OFFSPRING RULESSSS

Bom, eu também fui conhecer as coisas antigas bem depois.Eu achei legal a idéia do GH porque faz com que as pessoas busquem outros trabalhos da banda.Acho também que eles estão preparando essa nova remessa de fãs para o que vai vir depois desse CD.Não vejo a hora do cd inédito chegar.

LukyItalion74
07-04-2005, 09:50 AM
I'm stupid, and I only know a little Italian, so if it is possible, it would be nice, and If not, please clarify what language your speaking (I Think its Portugese)...

Camilamazed
07-04-2005, 09:52 AM
I'm stupid, and I only know a little Italian, so if it is possible, it would be nice, and If not, please clarify what language your speaking (I Think its Portugese)...

Ok... I see you asked only to understand what we say. Sorry if I misunderstood you.It's because some people don't like latin americans.

Yes, we are talking in Portuguese. We were only talking about the time we started listening to Offpring. I told them I thought I was the only one here (Besides Johnny Nemesis) who listen to Offspring for sucha long time.
Cheers Dude.

RonWelty
07-04-2005, 12:06 PM
Ora, já tinha reparado em vocês os dois!!! A Camila é brasileira, o Ron português... pois ó Ron, eu TAMBÉM fui a Barcelona e a Lisboa!!! LOL! E eu a pensar que tinha sido o único maluco a fazer uma coisa dessas... espectaculo! Curti MUITO Sun eats hours em Barcelona, ate tenho os CDs dos gajos, e o concerto de Off foi genial, mas nada como vê-los cá ;)! Já agora, eu sou do Porto, e tu?

Eu tenho 24 anos, tb ouço desde os tempos da escola, a altura do SMASH!!! Tinha praí 13 anos... :D e tu Camila? Vocês já pensaram em criar um post para falar português?

minha lista d concertos
Lisbon 99
Lisbon 2001
Madrid 2001
Wembley 2001
Woodstock 99
Barcelona 2004
Lisbon 2004

from Aveiro

platinumpt
07-04-2005, 12:09 PM
minha lista d concertos
Lisbon 99
Lisbon 2001
Madrid 2001
Wembley 2001
Woodstock 99
Barcelona 2004
Lisbon 2004

from Aveiro

WTF?!?!?!?!? Foste ver isso tudo?!?!?!? Ou são concertos gravados que tens?? :eek:

RonWelty
07-04-2005, 12:10 PM
WTF?!?!?!?!? Foste ver isso tudo?!?!?!? Ou são concertos gravados que tens?? :eek:
fui ver .... todos os k n sao d pt ou espanha foi kd tava d ferias ou kd tava em casa dos meus tios no USA ( woodstock ) . era pa ir ver Vigo ..mas era mt em cima d hora ( prenda d anos ) ir ver Offspring 2 noites seguidas UH UH ;D

platinumpt
07-04-2005, 12:13 PM
fui ver .... todos os k n sao d pt ou espanha foi kd tava d ferias ou kd tava em casa dos meus tios no USA ( woodstock ) . era pa ir ver Vigo ..mas era mt em cima d hora ( prenda d anos ) ir ver Offspring 2 noites seguidas UH UH ;D

Que posso eu dizer? És um gajo de sorte! Fico feliz por ti! :o

RonWelty
07-04-2005, 12:14 PM
Que posso eu dizer? És um gajo de sorte! Fico feliz por ti! :o
i will be more happy if this year i enter in a Medical school :D

platinumpt
07-04-2005, 12:16 PM
Yeah, sure you will!

Good luck for it! Study hard! ;)

Obie2trice
07-04-2005, 12:19 PM
I agree that they should release a live-album,

Nirushika6789
07-04-2005, 12:19 PM
on the complete music dvd collection there is live performances so....... there u go lol but not out until 19th in america dont know when in uk :confused:

Kreisi
07-04-2005, 12:23 PM
Yeah. offspring should do a live cd. But couldnt they do a new dvd ? its almost the same thing, but dvd would be more fun

Kerr
07-04-2005, 12:27 PM
I have bootlegs of Live In Woodstock 1999, Punk Riot (which I think was an official album) and Live at the Hammersmith Ballroom.

dirty_magic
07-04-2005, 12:31 PM
live album would be amazing!

platinumpt
07-05-2005, 01:50 AM
on the complete music dvd collection there is live performances so....... there u go lol but not out until 19th in america dont know when in uk :confused:

Yeah, the same for Portugal. The GH came one week later, so it may happen the same thing with the DVD, I dunno :confused: