PDA

View Full Version : bands that have covered offspring

dain84
07-03-2005, 07:12 PM
what bands and what songs did they cover? Can you also post a link to the cover song? I'm talking about other bands that have made covers of the offspring.

Revolver-2005?
07-03-2005, 07:15 PM
Evergreen terrace and Unleash Hell ( i think thts the name) did covers

ET- TKAA

UL- Smash

jacK
07-03-2005, 07:16 PM
i think i remember hearing Evanescence cover "Self Esteem"... it sucks a big D tho, only listen if you don't mind the feeling of wanting to stab yourself in the head

Gayman
07-03-2005, 07:22 PM
i think i remember hearing Evanescence cover "Self Esteem"... it sucks a big D tho, only listen if you don't mind the feeling of wanting to stab yourself in the head
Really....where could I hear it....I really want to stab my self!!!!

dain84
07-03-2005, 07:24 PM
Evergreen terrace and Unleash Hell ( i think thts the name) did covers

ET- TKAA

UL- Smash
It's by Norther. (smash)

The evergreen terrace song
sucks ass.

jacK
07-03-2005, 07:47 PM
Really....where could I hear it....I really want to stab my self!!!!
http://www.theoffspring.info/downloads/tijslijst.html
looks like Tijs has it (along w/ a bunch of others)... he's a mod on here so try asking

Gayman
07-03-2005, 07:49 PM
http://www.theoffspring.info/downloads/tijslijst.html
looks like Tijs has it (along w/ a bunch of others)... he's a mod on here so try asking
thanks alot!!!

Revolver-2005?
07-03-2005, 08:49 PM
lol i dont think he'll put them back on...maybe if u ask nicely though...

Dexter1989
07-03-2005, 08:55 PM
i downloaded once, by mistake. I cried, that fucking fat pop-poser fag singing it, omg. She should be in jail for doing that

Dexter1989
07-03-2005, 08:56 PM
i would really like AFI to cover any offspring song, it would kick ass

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
07-03-2005, 09:00 PM
i would really like AFI to cover any offspring song, it would kick ass

Considering The Offspring covered an AFI song. Sure. Why not? They'd have to do a darker, more serious song though. AFI has grown out of their goofball days. Perhaps, Dirty Magic or Vultures?

LukyItalion74
07-03-2005, 10:21 PM
I know Im doing it wrong...but "Come Out and Play" has a very similar Bass rift as "Love Buzz" by Nirvana

0r4ng3
07-03-2005, 10:48 PM
Pennywise could cover an Offspring song, or vice versa.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
07-04-2005, 01:31 AM
i downloaded once, by mistake. I cried, that fucking fat pop-poser fag singing it, omg. She should be in jail for doing that

I Listened to this cover months ago, i never had anything against Evenesance, until i heard that cover, i went mental for the next few days, "stuck with that image burned into my brain, and i feel so dumb, that i could ever trust her" my god...she sings like shit, those lyrics from "Spare Me The Details" describe it perfecty i give it a -999999999999999999/10.... wait, that's way to kind for that cover...

Spare yourself the details and don't download the Self Esteem cover.

Rye
07-04-2005, 03:10 AM
There's an acoustic cover of Want You Bad by someone I forgot the band name of. There's another of Mota I forgot the band name of. Be expecting these sometime later (the band names, not the song, sorry).

user name
07-04-2005, 03:29 AM
i'd like britney spears to do pretty fly!

she mite as well she's coved every other song very shittedly i mite add

but i wanna c her fall on her ass again! :D

patrick
07-04-2005, 03:52 AM
Forgive my ignorance im new to the offspring.Do they play wedding music?Where can i listen to their sounds on the web?its important, its got to start somewhere and soon.kind regards , peace and love.patrick thehopetrust@yahoo.co.uk

LukyItalion74
07-04-2005, 08:47 AM
Forgive my ignorance im new to the offspring.Do they play wedding music?Where can i listen to their sounds on the web?its important, its got to start somewhere and soon.kind regards , peace and love.patrick thehopetrust@yahoo.co.uk

The Offspring don't play wedding music... sry

China Boy
07-04-2005, 10:08 AM
Well Weird all did Wrong Foot Amputated, And Pretty fly for a RABBI/JEDI.....

OffspringerD@n
07-12-2005, 05:55 PM
can anyone please put up a link to where i can listen to this cd? please!!!

offspring_freak_3
07-12-2005, 07:28 PM
I only know these covers:

One Fine Day - Mad Greg
Pretty Fly (For A Whyte Guy) - FatBoy Slim
Pretty Fly (For A Whyte Guy) - Weird Al Yanknovic
The Kids Aren´t Alright - Evergreen Terrace
Want You Bad - Oliver Bowker
Self Esteem - Dover
Self Esteem - Evanescence

D!stortion
07-12-2005, 07:39 PM
offspringerd@n, thats can't repeat, the new single they did for the greatest hits cd (amazing piece of work) its on their website, or u can go buy the cd, which i highly recommend

Telekinesis
07-13-2005, 12:42 AM

Hey fuck you Evanescence is good, she is not fat! At least she's not anorexic and all skin and bones, would you prefer that? Amy Lee is pretty anyway, I wish I was as pretty as her, and please don't start calling me ugly or somthing coz you don't even know what I look like

punk_riOt
07-13-2005, 12:52 AM
Hey fuck you Evanescence is good, she is not fat! At least she's not anorexic and all skin and bones, would you prefer that? Amy Lee is pretty anyway, I wish I was as pretty as her, and please don't start calling me ugly or somthing coz you don't even know what I look like

i think Evanescence are shit. not trying to start a fight, just my opinion

Telekinesis
07-13-2005, 04:18 AM
i think Evanescence are shit. not trying to start a fight, just my opinion

Whatever just don't ever talk shit about them again

jesushusband
07-13-2005, 04:20 AM
talk shit like wehn shit cums outaaaaaaaa yourrrrrrr moth~~~~~~~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!! hewheh nigersdfdsfasdgadfgasdfgasdfsd
s
df
s;d f
alf
'sdfg ahha u got toldeddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!

Hypodermic_89
07-13-2005, 04:47 AM
Well Weird all did Wrong Foot Amputated, And Pretty fly for a RABBI/JEDI.....

Bob Rivers did Wrong Foot Amputated.. also, The Chimpunks have covered All I Want ;)

Offspring Pyro
07-13-2005, 07:38 AM
I think it would be funniest if offspring tried to cover a metallica song. Or other way around, it woudl be really funny listening to james hetfield trying to sing that high.

Telekinesis
07-14-2005, 02:07 AM
I just listened to Evanescence's cover of Self Esteem and whoa. Um I have quite a bit to say. OK here’s the thing, I like both bands but their just too different for it to work, you can't sing a punk song with a voice like Amy Lee's, like she has a beautiful voice but she can't do punk. Dexter really yells more then sings so it works also he wrote the song so yeah. Also the sound quality sucked and what was that weird noise in the background? Also the crowd singin’along ruined it, I actually never really liked Self Esteem anyway, it makes me cry. The guitars and stuff were good though, it's just Amy Lee's voice just seriously isn't like Dexter’s she sings he yell/sings she can’t do punk and I doubt that The Offspring could do one of Evanescence’s songs. She should stick to choir singing and Dexter should not change and stick to punk. Also it’s kinda weird hearing a girl singing it coz it’s like saying stuff about your girlfriend wanting to do it with ya and stuff, maybe Amy should have said “he” instead of “her” in the song, would have made more sense. Also Pretty Fly For A Rabbi is a parody not a cover, there’s a difference. Well hope you understood all of that! Cheers

platinumpt
07-14-2005, 03:09 AM
I actually never really liked Self Esteem anyway, it makes me cry.
Alright, I'm gonna kill you TK... but why does it make it cry anyway? The melody isn't even sad... my favorite part is "I may be dumb, but I'm not a dweeb, just a sucker with no self esteem"! But the whole song is a fucking masterpiece... it has some kick ass rhymes... there's another I like a lot: "All this rejection's got me so low; if she keeps it up, I just might tell her so"

Come out and smash'em up!
07-14-2005, 05:16 PM
I've seen some comments from telekinnessis and i can see that she is a feminist (which isn't allways a bad thing).

Telekinesis
07-15-2005, 12:20 AM
I've seen some comments from telekinnessis and i can see that she is a feminist (which isn't allways a bad thing).

Actually I'm not a feminist, I'm strongly opposed to breast feeding in public, I see it as indecent exposure. It's gross and wrong, there I've said it

07-16-2005, 03:37 AM
Whats wrong with breast feeding in public, it's the most natural thing that mother can do to her baby.

platinumpt
07-16-2005, 06:32 AM
It would be kinda strange doing that in a church, huh? :)

07-16-2005, 02:37 PM
Yes it would be weird ,but churches aren't kinda public place.

Kimhari
07-16-2005, 04:11 PM
well, as long as you don't eat in church you won't breast feed your baby...

Anyway....

it's true that dexter should stick with punk songs, i didn't like it much in want you bad...

ok ok, let the insults begin...

can i at least say i don't like evanescence either?

platinumpt
07-16-2005, 07:15 PM
Wow incredible! Topic is something like "bands that have covered the offspring", and we ended up talking about breast feeding in public places and in churches... shit, how did this happen lolll :cool:

I don't like evanescence too, the vocalist looks like she's crying all the time, it annoys me.

Want you bad kicks ass, that's for sure!!!

Telekinesis
07-17-2005, 02:51 AM
well, as long as you don't eat in church you won't breast feed your baby...

Anyway....

it's true that dexter should stick with punk songs, i didn't like it much in want you bad...

ok ok, let the insults begin...

can i at least say i don't like evanescence either?

Don't worry mate I hate Want You Bad aswell, it has got to be the shittiest song by The Offspring by far. It's another thing that proves that guys just want sex all the time! Anyone seen the thing on The Greatest Hits DualDisk DVD about Want You Bad where Noodles said some drunk chick lifted her top up and stuff when he was on stage? scary stuff, funny though

08-20-2005, 03:22 PM
your comments are so weird that i like to know how old are you>?