PDA

View Full Version : Offspring at ventura warped tour. IT KICKED ASS!!!

Manic subsidal
07-03-2005, 09:53 PM
I just got back from the warped tour at seaside park, ventura. I got there at like 10am but waited in the lines for about 2 hours maybe. I was freaking out because while I was waiting in the line, I swear I heard some guy talking on the stage and it sounded exactally like Dexter, and then they played a song that reminded me of can't repeat. Lmao... I have no idea, anyways, when I finally got in, I looked around and got a bunch of free stuff. For maybe 3 hours I just checked things out. It was boring as hell, I really should of just came at the time the offspring were playing.

I looked at the schedule and it said offspring were at 7:00. So I think it's like 4pm and I finally decide to just go into the crowd and wait for the offspring. There were 4 bands I saw. I'll give a little summary for the three, and I'll give a big one for the offspring.

All American Rejects - So me and a friend get pretty close to the stage after the band before this one is done. When All American Rejects came on, um.. I thought they were ok. The mosh pit wasn't so bad, I got kicked in the head a couple of times by crowd surfers though which sucked.

Avenged Sevenfold - I was with my friend the whole time during All American Rejects, but when this band came on, I looked around and there were a ton of big tough guys so I knew right at that moment that I would be screwed. Even though I didn't like this band because it's not my type of music really, it was cool how they had this smoke effect. No other band had any other cool things but anyways, right when they started playing I got pushed way in the back so I lost my friend and I was just trying to stay out of all the mosh pits. I remember some person got their elbow on my shirt and there was like so much nasty sweat on it. It smelt like beer too.

Dropkick Murphys - these guys were awesome. I don't know much about them but the guitar player was great. Here's a few things that happened - He jumped up during a part of the song and he fell down and he tried to keep on playing while on the ground. One time, he just kicked the marshall amp behind him and this beer on top of it fell down and just exploded and got all over him haha. He also dropped his guitar pick too. The second last song, the lead singer got someone from the crowd to sing and then the last song a ton of people went up on the stage. I really liked this band.

Offspring
---------

After dropkick murphys ended, I saw the intermission guy and some other people setting stuff up in the back, but then all of a sudden Atom came on! Usually they have different people check the drums and all that stuff but Atom was the one who was doing that so I just screamed YEAH ATOM! And everyone looked at me and was like wtf? I guess the people there didn't know he was the drummer.

So it's almost 7pm and oh man... the whole crowd was creaming "OFFSPRING! OFFSPRING! OFFSPRING!". Finally they come on stage and here's the songs. I'll try my best to remember them in order (I know for sure the first 3 is in the right order but the rest I'm not sure except that self esteem is last) -

All I want - I knew they were going to do this song first. Right when Dexter did the "ok yayayayaya", everyone went crazy. Even though the Avenged Sevenfold mosh pit was really violent, I gotta say, The offspring was the wildest. Maybe not that many tough people, but everyone was going crazy. It was so fun.

Come out and play - I was near the left up at the front and Higgins came over to us and at the "keep em seperated" part, he let the crowd sing it, so me and the other people around just yell it out and I saw higgins looking at me! I blew him a kiss. Ha I'm kidding, but anyways, the song was great .

Can't repeat - Ok this is where it gets weird, I guess there was some sort of tuning problem or my ears were just really messed up because I've been next to the speaker for 4 hours. When Greg K started playing the bass line, it sounded alright, but then when it came to Noodles riff, it was way off. It seemed like he was playing in a different key. So it sounded really bad at first, but then later at the end of the song I guess Noodles fixed it, and he played it in some really cool way. I don't know, maybe someone else who went to this warped tour could it explain it better.

can't get my head around you - Another great song. I loved the "get up, get up" part.

It'll be a long time - Dexter was like "LET'S PLAY SOME OLD SHIT!" and this is song they chose to play. Meh... I was just kind of resting during this song and can't repeat. I would say out of all their songs, these 2 would be their least-best but still everything was great. It's actually good that I wasn't all running around everywhere during these songs because I pretty much did it for every other song and I was seriously going to black out.

Bad habit - Oh man, everyone knew the lyrics for this one. Dexter faced his microphone to the crowd to scream the stupid dumbshit part. Such an awesome song, crowd went crazy.

The kids aren't alright - Good song. It all went well.

Staring at the sun - I think this was probably the most wildest song. Or maybe a tie with bad habit. It's easy to tell when they're going to play this song next because the guitar sound at the intro is pretty easy to reconize when Dexter is getting ready.

Self esteem - Everyone singed along and it was great.

Dexter - wearing sunglasses and some beer shirt
Noodles - wearing that not my president shirt
Greg K - wearing some nice clothes
Atom - I think he was wearing some black shit, I forget.

in between a song, Noodles did his usually saying of "YOU GUYS ARE A BEAUTIFUL AUDIENCE!" After self esteem was over, everyone was like ONE MORE SONG! ONE MORE SONG! But they didn't play anymore :( It went by so fast but I loved every second of it. Like I said before, this was the most wildest crowd. I had at least 20 crowd surfers kicking at my head.

My friend took a few pictures on his camera so I'll try to get them soon and post them in the warped tour photo thread.

SkunkIt
07-03-2005, 09:58 PM
I didn't read the whole thing because it was too long, but that sounds awesome! You should post this in that Offspring fan journal thingy they have on the site. :)

Camilamazed
07-03-2005, 09:58 PM
I CANNOT BELIEVE IT !!!!!!!! :eek:

I wish they played IT'LL BE A LONG TIME HERE.

It'd be a dream come true :D

You're lucky

Venom Symbiote
07-03-2005, 10:17 PM
Sounds kinda fun.

Setlist is too short, though. Normal Offspring-only concerts are better. *shrugs*

Dead Cheerleader
07-03-2005, 10:22 PM
Hey Manic Subsidal. I guess I got lucky cause I had to drive from the city (LA) and it took like 3 hours or something with traffic and I got there at the time the All American Rejects came on, no boredom, so I saw the same bands you did, except closer apparently. The All American Rejects SUCKED! Avenger Sevenfold (or whatever) wasn't that great either. I got my ass ROCKED by crowd surfers. My hand is fucked up and someone kicked me in the neck, it fuckin hurts still! But yeah I got some pics (basically of Dexter). I'll post them when I get them developed. Kick ass show, I didn't notice anything wrong with "Can't Repeat." However, I was sort of distracted by people repeatedly falling on my head.

Manic subsidal
07-03-2005, 10:23 PM
Setlist is too short, though. Normal Offspring-only concerts are better. *shrugs*

Yeah, hopefully after their next album, they'll come over here at ventura again.

I don't know... I liked It'll be a long time, but maybe I was just hoping for them to play smash more. Ha anyways, the whole thing was great. My legs are in such freaking pain. I'm going to bed, goodnight.

Manic subsidal
07-03-2005, 10:26 PM
Hey Manic Subsidal. I guess I got lucky cause I had to drive from the city (LA) and it took like 3 hours or something with traffic and I got there at the time the All American Rejects came on, no boredom, so I saw the same bands you did, except closer apparently. The All American Rejects SUCKED! Avenger Sevenfold (or whatever) wasn't that great either. I got my ass ROCKED by crowd surfers. My hand is fucked up and someone kicked me in the neck, it fuckin hurts still! But yeah I got some pics (basically of Dexter). I'll post them when I get them developed. Kick ass show, I didn't notice anything wrong with "Can't Repeat." However, I was sort of distracted by people repeatedly falling on my head.

Oh, did you like Dropkick murphys? Yeah damn those crowdsurfers, if only I had eyes on the back of my head so I can see one coming. Yeah I do think they messed up with playing the wrong key on can't repeat, cause I asked another one of my friends and he said yeah, it didn't sound right, still awesome though.

Dead Cheerleader
07-03-2005, 10:29 PM
Fuck yeah I liked the DKM!!! That guitarist was so funny when he kicked his amp and his beer went flying. That was the first time I've seen them, I really enjoyed it. Maybe I'll post some pics of them too.

Pilau
07-04-2005, 01:56 AM
IT'LL BE A LONG TIME - excellent. I hope they play more stuff from Ignition when they come back over here in Sept.

Punk_Conspiracy
07-04-2005, 05:23 AM
Haha whoa, they didn't do any of their shitty popular songs! That's great! Yeah the setlist is too short, but you'll get that on festivals. Great review and a great sum up Manic subsidal.

Manic subsidal
07-04-2005, 09:46 AM
I knew this thread was going to be moved to Tour talk. The reason why I posted it in General Discussion is because more people view that forum.

Anyways, I'll send this to the fan journal but not right now. I want to get pictures from my friend (he took like 3) first and I'm also going to rewrite the whole thing since I was tired as hell last night typing this. Today's also my birthday haha. I'm 16 :D So yeah, I really don't want to do anything though. I'm really sore, a little sunburnt, and my eyes are all puffy. Oh well, my parents are making me go to one of those parades today on the july 4th so I guess I have to do that.

GIRLPARTS
07-04-2005, 09:59 AM
Hey,

I'm in a band called GirlParts.. We are playing some dates in August on Warped.. I love The Offspring, so after reading the experience, I'm even MORE excited about playing the same tour... Its going to be awesome!!

Rock On!!
~GirlParts~
http://www.myspace.com/girlparts
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/SMILEBYME/gpframed.jpg

ZbadhabitZ
07-04-2005, 10:13 AM
Thanks for that report, and I have to agree with you, The Offspring put on a great show. It was awesome to see thousands of people sing along to every song, and everybody seemed to know the words to everything; old stuff and new.

I don't know if I'm right about the Can't Repeat thing, but keep in mind during the intro, Noodles wasn't using a phaser effect to get that neat guitar sound, he was palm muting the chords, which would make it sound a little different than it does on the CD. I didn't think it sounded like it was in a different key, it's just that without the effect, it sounds different, but doesn't take away from the song. I could be wrong, but that's how I took it.

offsprung
07-05-2005, 01:20 PM
i can't fucking WAIT til the CLEVELAND show. 16 daysssssssssssssssssss

lost_nvrfound
07-05-2005, 07:36 PM
sadly, i have to wait till aug 8 to see the tour. it sounds awesome though. i cant wait!

Lecci
07-06-2005, 03:23 AM
Unfortunately, not very much songs :confused: !!

L

Dead Cheerleader
07-07-2005, 01:04 AM
Dude my pictures of the Offspring at the Ventura show turned out like SHIT. Crappy disposable camera, although all the ones of the DKM turned out fine. Guess it was the light or something. I took a bunch of pics tonight though at Pomona so if they turn out I will post them. I didn't know I would be meeting the DKM so I used like all 27 pics for the Offspring. Cool, but no pics for me with DKM, DAMN! That would have been kick ass.

panzor41
07-07-2005, 05:35 AM
I want to go to the MA Warped tour......NOW!

Dead Cheerleader
07-07-2005, 01:34 PM
Go man! What are you waiting for!

But a word to the wise- buy tickets at the venue! They are only 30 bucks as opposed to ass-rape-ticketmaster who will charge you over $40 with their bullshit convenience charges. Just bring cash.

Manic subsidal
07-07-2005, 07:51 PM
Dude my pictures of the Offspring at the Ventura show turned out like SHIT. Crappy disposable camera, although all the ones of the DKM turned out fine. Guess it was the light or something. I took a bunch of pics tonight though at Pomona so if they turn out I will post them. I didn't know I would be meeting the DKM so I used like all 27 pics for the Offspring. Cool, but no pics for me with DKM, DAMN! That would have been kick ass.

Darn that sucks. Well I'm still waiting for my friend to upload his pictures. Hopefully those turn out good.

Dead Cheerleader
07-08-2005, 12:24 AM
Well I mean they are just blurry you know. They are fine for me, just like the ones I took at Pomona. I just like to have pics to remember how things were that day. I bought those stupid fucking cheap disposable cameras because I hate technology and I hate digital cameras but I learned my lesson and next time I see them I will just bring a digital...or get a press pass and take some kick ass ones with a real camera. Wonder how I could do that.

Manic subsidal
07-08-2005, 03:57 PM
Well I mean they are just blurry you know. They are fine for me, just like the ones I took at Pomona. I just like to have pics to remember how things were that day. I bought those stupid fucking cheap disposable cameras because I hate technology and I hate digital cameras but I learned my lesson and next time I see them I will just bring a digital...or get a press pass and take some kick ass ones with a real camera. Wonder how I could do that.

Oh wait, so you can kind of make out the pictures you took? It's not like the light ruined the whole picture or anything? If so, could you upload a few? Yeah I was thinking about getting one of those $10 disposable cameras but I changed my mind and now I'm going to save that $10 for the offspring dvd music video collection :D but darn, I was so close up to the stage though, it would of been cool to look at the pictures if I took any :(

Dead Cheerleader
07-08-2005, 05:31 PM
They are blurry and shitty but I will upload them just for you Manic Subsidal. It may take me a while, I'm at work right now and the pics are at home.

scream
07-08-2005, 06:56 PM
oh the crowd yelled "one more song" for you too? same happened at the san francisco show.

scream
07-08-2005, 06:58 PM
Hey,

I'm in a band called GirlParts.. We are playing some dates in August on Warped.. I love The Offspring, so after reading the experience, I'm even MORE excited about playing the same tour... Its going to be awesome!!

Rock On!!
~GirlParts~

its cool that youre a fan and all but seriously do you need to include an excessively fat picture of your band?