PDA

View Full Version : New Album and Greatest Hits

Lithuanian Offspring
11-12-2004, 12:47 PM
Anyone have any more news on the new album and greatest hits? Lets discuss and get our hopes up and be ready to wait a couple of years till those damn CD's come out. I wonder how late they are going to be with the Greatest hits and the new album. What are your thoughts?

Tijs
11-12-2004, 12:50 PM
I think we don't need this topic. There are about.. let's see... 73 topics about the very same subject.

Toxic Speed Bump
11-12-2004, 12:53 PM
Im not gunna get the greatest hits... I have all there songs. What is this new album.

Link me the thread.

Sketch
11-12-2004, 12:54 PM
give the guy a break tijs. maybe all the other old threads about this subject have been buried by all the new threads. so its no harm making a new one. he wants to discuss their upcoming albums so lets discuss. i know for a fact the greatest hits will be out by early next year. as for the other album i have no clue. mmhmm...

Lithuanian Offspring
11-12-2004, 12:59 PM
I say spring for the Greatest Hits. I'm gonna buy it cause it has new stuff in it. The Album, I'm guessing, is gonna come out in fall of next year. Thats just a mature guess on my part. I'm guessing how late they are gonna be with the release date. Cause they were so late with Splinter it wasn't funny.

Toxic Speed Bump
11-12-2004, 01:02 PM
why do bands put new stuff in their greatest hits album? They dont even know its great.

Sketch
11-12-2004, 01:04 PM
you think the album (non greatest hits) will be out that early aye? i hope so. that'd be pretty darn sweet. and i think i might buy the greatest hits too just for the new song and the booklet. and the case too. and the actuall cd cover. i always love opening the case for the first time and seeing what image is on the cd. *remembers the moments of joy and smiles*

Lithuanian Offspring
11-12-2004, 01:08 PM
Yeha that is always the light of my life. They have a new song on it. I think its called Pass Me By or something like that. And they are doing a Police cover and they are remaking Dirty Magic. So its not that bad. They put new songs on the greatest hits albums so people will buy the album regardless if they have the rest of the albums or not.

Sketch
11-12-2004, 01:14 PM
yeah, and it'll be a good mixed cd. so instead of switching cds everytime you want to hear one of their popular songs, just play the greatest hits and there you'll have it...a cd filled with offspring goodness. and then some.

Toxic Speed Bump
11-12-2004, 01:21 PM
Yeha that is always the light of my life. They have a new song on it. I think its called Pass Me By or something like that. And they are doing a Police cover and they are remaking Dirty Magic. So its not that bad. They put new songs on the greatest hits albums so people will buy the album regardless if they have the rest of the albums or not.

Ok, Now Im gunna have to buy it. It would be good to have I suppose.

Zee
11-12-2004, 02:02 PM
Facts: Greatest Hits in 2005.

Probably early 2005, since they already had such a tight recording schedule...

About a whole new album, who knows? If they will do a major "Greatest Hits tour" I don't think it's coming out next year, but that's just my guess.

But one thing is sure and that is that they won't rest too much on laurels this time. That's a good thing, 30min of music every third year would be frustrating. :cool:

MirandaV
11-12-2004, 02:17 PM
How many songs will be on the greatest hits, whot u guys think?

Ele
11-12-2004, 02:22 PM
I read in the italian offspring website that the greatest hits is coming out in january 2005 and the new album in october 2005....do you know if is it true?

selfrighteoussuicide
11-12-2004, 02:23 PM
not sure but itll hopefully be out by the end of spring

offy
11-12-2004, 02:26 PM
Unneccessary....really unneccessary to release a "best of" album, after "only" 20 years...
I hope they're going to put a few new songs on that cd for not spending the money for nothing...

Zee
11-12-2004, 02:29 PM
They should do like one band did, put out an 3-cd package, including the Greatest Hits CD itself, also a whole new album with the amount of songs they usually have, and a DVD too. All this for 21,90e and it would sell butt-loads.

It just sounds weird to release Greatest Hits before a new album... unless they would make like three more after the GH.

Americana
11-12-2004, 02:35 PM
Im not gunna get the greatest hits... I have all there songs. What is this new album.

Link me the thread.

Godd thinking. What's the point of getting thier opinion of greatest hits if you already have their songs?

Zee
11-12-2004, 02:40 PM
Godd thinking. What's the point of getting thier opinion of greatest hits if you already have their songs?

I can tell you a secret, we aren't the target group for the CD. Though it will include a DVD, so there's enough of reason to buy it even for you.

Sketch
11-12-2004, 03:21 PM
Unneccessary....really unneccessary to release a "best of" album, after "only" 20 years...
I hope they're going to put a few new songs on that cd for not spending the money for nothing...

There are 2 new songs and 1 redone song. the new one is a cover of ring of fire and the redone one is dirty magic. i dont know the name of the other new one. its on the first page of this thread. and what about no doubt or green day. they put our greatest hits and they've been around just as long.

Sman9453
11-12-2004, 03:23 PM
i cant believe they reached a "greatest hits" part of their career.... :(

Floyd the Barber
11-12-2004, 03:37 PM

Where did you find this out?? I heard about the Police cover, but a Dirty Magic remake? Where'd you hear about that? I might just pick up their Greatest Hits CD if that's on it...

Obie2trice
11-12-2004, 04:19 PM
It was told in a Rolling Stone interview that they made a new Dirty Magic, a new song and some Police covers

punk_flamingo
11-12-2004, 11:18 PM
why would they need to make a new Dirty Magic, when the old one is a classic?

Tis one of my favourite songs.

neocon58
11-12-2004, 11:39 PM
I say spring for the Greatest Hits. I'm gonna buy it cause it has new stuff in it. The Album, I'm guessing, is gonna come out in fall of next year. Thats just a mature guess on my part. I'm guessing how late they are gonna be with the release date. Cause they were so late with Splinter it wasn't funny.

dude, its actually tom delonge that says "fuck wiping, it kills the rainforest." (see your sig)

MirandaV
11-13-2004, 04:17 AM
*Sparcles* I want it to come out, right now!

Unnatural Disaster
11-13-2004, 12:50 PM

The Greatest Hits is also going to have 2 new songs and a Cover of a song by The Police