PDA

View Full Version : Release Manic Subsidal songs???

Ultimate
07-04-2005, 10:37 AM
Just got the Greatest Hits(out today in UK! :D ) Watched the DVD n heard that Manic Subsidal riff. That sounds fucking sweeet! I reckon they should do an album callled "The Subsidal Years" or sumthin like that. Id love to hear the Manic Subsidal songs in full stereo glory. What does everyone else think??

Preecey
07-04-2005, 10:38 AM
I wanna hear The Offspring do 'Koggs' again. That riff was brilliant.

Ultimate
07-04-2005, 10:39 AM
Yeah that sounded amazing. Ive heard other songs when they were manic but seeing Dexter play that so masterfully, i wana hear it all!!

Preecey
07-04-2005, 10:42 AM
I heard it on the sample, and it sounded really fast and probably heavy if done an electric guitar. I know they did 'Religion' and 'Ballroom Blitz' 'cause I downloaded them from Cejus' thread but the sound quality isn't excellent. I really like to hear them.

Ultimate
07-04-2005, 10:50 AM
I reckon we hound em until they give in!! They can probs still play em. Would be amazing if the next album was a double with the Manic Subsidal stuff n the new stuff.There must be some good quality recordings out there somewhere!!!

Preecey
07-04-2005, 10:53 AM
Yeah, or if they made a double CD album with new stuff on disc 1 and remakes and rare songs on disc 2. I would so buy an album like that.

Aimeht
07-04-2005, 10:54 AM
Definitely. I have never even heard any Manic Subsidal songs.

Ultimate
07-04-2005, 11:05 AM
Sum1 post some Manic Subsidal songs.We need some good quality ones rather than the shitty live recordings that are floating about.Or if any Offspring members read this(which I doubt) then got recording!! :D

Preecey
07-04-2005, 11:12 AM
I don't know if they were called Manic Subsidal in 1987, but Cejus made a thread with uploads to a video recording of a gig they did. It has Religion, Ballroom Blitz and Tonight I Do on it.

Plus there are some on the Polish site, which also has their cover of Territorial Pissings. But the sound quality isn't too good.

I wonder what happens if you LimeWire 'Manic Subsidal'? That has to be worth a try.

calmallamadown
07-04-2005, 11:25 AM
when i read the title of the thread i said "no way, move on" so i voted, leave it in the past.

Sardukar
07-04-2005, 11:31 AM
bring on the old stuff!

Ultimate
07-04-2005, 11:37 AM
Right, jus this second ive got to the end of the offspring greatest hits!! There is a hidden track at the end n its fuckin sweeeet!!! I this on all the cds or just the uk edition?(cos has the TKAA wiseguys remix at the end)

Cejus
07-04-2005, 11:42 AM
The hidden track is "Next to you" a Police cover. It's on all versions :D (And yeah, I like this cover song, too, it's better than the original song!!)

0r4ng3
07-04-2005, 11:43 AM
The remix is only on the European version. Just wait after that song...

Ultimate
07-04-2005, 11:44 AM
cool! Jus got meself all excited!! Bring on the new album!! Whenever it comes out!!! Probably be a decade or so!

Johny_the_wierdo
07-04-2005, 02:54 PM
i honestly am not so sure if the guys really wants to release it... and how would that help the offspring getting more popular again? only if they did like you said, with a double-cd album would it be worth it... i mean its alot of work, for such a small target-group

LukyItalion74
07-04-2005, 03:04 PM
as much as I liked the rift to 'Koggs', I doubt theyd do that... Dexter and Noodles seem to enjoy the years of smash, and all thats after...so ya, w.e.

Noodles is gay
07-04-2005, 03:17 PM
I don't think they should release them - they'd have to record a decent version of them and they're far too old (both the songs and the band :p), it wouldn't be right. 'leave the past in the past' sums it up rather nicely I think; obviously the band has moved on so what's the point in going backwards?

Punk_Conspiracy
07-04-2005, 11:24 PM
Ballroom Blitz isn't their song, it was covered by them at the 1987 gig. The song has been covered not only by the Offspring, but also by the Misfits and also features in the movie Wayne's World. The original is by a band called Sweet.

platinumpt
07-05-2005, 02:00 AM
I don't think they should release them - they'd have to record a decent version of them and they're far too old (both the songs and the band :p), it wouldn't be right. 'leave the past in the past' sums it up rather nicely I think; obviously the band has moved on so what's the point in going backwards?

Thinking exactly the same thing! I'm glad I read all the polls first :o

Venom Symbiote
07-05-2005, 06:32 PM
Yup. They'd need to re-record them though. With their new-fangled production quality brilliance. "Pulling an Ixnay", or so they say. Older-style, heavy songs, but with high production values.

I'd be all for it, as long as they concede to doing that.

I already have the original live recordings, so just releasing them isn't enough.

original_prankster
07-05-2005, 07:37 PM
I think the songs should DEFINATELY be rereleased. The ones that I have already are horrible quality and I can just barely understand what they are singing.

Rad619619
01-02-2011, 02:10 PM
Only Hopeless was truly ditched behind, and that song wasn't all that great. The chorus was almost decent, but that's it. Every other Manic Subsidal song was released somewhere within the first 2 albums and the riff from Koggs was reused in Gotta Get Away so I say Leave it in the Past. The recording of Hopeless is decent enough if you really want to listen to it, but everything else was released. No reason to make them release it again.

dexter12296566
01-02-2011, 06:36 PM
I sent Dexter a lette rin the mail a while back asking to put Hopeless on an album.... as expected, no reply...

But I still hope they do it!

ThunderPX
01-03-2011, 06:36 AM
I wish this thread had been left in the past.

D0NT
01-03-2011, 07:44 AM
Only Hopeless is a Manic Subcidal tune. the other ones are from an Offspring concert dated 1987 with James Lilja on drums.

the only known song to fans as far as I know from Manic Subsidal days is Hopeless from the Party Animal compilation.

I Think "cogs" was just a nickname for Gotta Get Away, not sure about that.

It would be awesome if they were willing to re record old Manic tracks,although I would settle for them to re record some tracks off their s/t and Ignition (JUST so they play them live again!!)

Krojd
01-03-2011, 08:26 AM
OR they can just play them live without re-recording.