PDA

View Full Version : Anger Injection?

Mota___Boy
07-05-2005, 08:51 AM
I put up a post earlier but was pehaps slightly harsh say they should've stopped at Americana. What i was more getting at was just the loss of edge so the question is would you (given the chance) have given Dex and co an 'anger injection' just after Ixnay was released (my personal last brilliant offspring album) now that you have heard what they've released?
I think every album has really great tracks but the great/pants ratio i feel drops sharpish later on.

Little_Miss_1565
07-05-2005, 08:58 AM
No one can stay angry forever. It starts to get old. I'm personally glad to see some variety. And, there's plenty of anger on Splinter.

0r4ng3
07-05-2005, 08:59 AM
As another band's frontman once said "Being a pissed-off teen is cool, but nobody wants to be an angry old bastard."

Mota___Boy
07-05-2005, 09:09 AM
No one can stay angry forever.

I dont mean angry in the traditional sense (well i do a bit) but i just feel that the edge they had has slipped summit terrible. I realise it gets old but going from punk to pop is some jump and i just cant hack the fact that this great song writer is reduesed to 'worst hangover in the world' i mean jesus. I still refuse to accept that he wrote that.
Does no one else feel like every song on the first few albums had real meaning and drive and of late some seem like kinda half-arsed?

PS Again i'd like to re-iterate my love for The Offspring and say that writting this is kicking my ass. I just like debate.

HeadAroundU
07-05-2005, 09:46 AM
Americana:
-Have you ever
-The kids aren't alright
-Staring at the sun
-Americana:
-Feelings
-Pay the man
-No brakes
-The end of the line

CO1:
-Come out swinging
-Million miles away
-Dammit,I changed again
-Living in chaos
-All along
-Conspiracy of one
-Vultures

Splinter:
-The noose
-Long way home
-Lightning rod
-Da hui
-Race against myself
-Head around you

GREAT songs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Camilamazed
07-05-2005, 09:58 AM
I don't understand. Nothing is enough. I mean, the guy is mad because he wanted them to do some CDS like Ixnay. I bet he would complai it they've done comething similar. Therefore the complain would be:

OMG, they lack of creativity, why have they done something so similar to Ixnay?

Kiiiids.....
:D

TheUnholyNightbringer
07-05-2005, 09:59 AM
I don't understand. Nothing is enough. I mean, the guy is mad because he wanted them to do some CDS like Ixnay. I bet he would complai it they've done comething similar. Therefore the complain would be:

Kiiiids.....

*Claps loudly*

Voice of reason.

Camilamazed
07-05-2005, 10:01 AM
Thank You Dave

Edit: Complai would be Complain & it would be if

hehe :D

Amazed
07-05-2005, 03:12 PM

Kiiiids.....

Good point!

Venom Symbiote
07-05-2005, 06:26 PM
Fact is, all debate aside: Ignition and Ixnay are their best albums.

Difference in style isn't really the issue here. I'd be totally happy with a Conspiracy or Spinter-styled CD, if it was as GOOD as the aforementioned CDs.

Fact is, they're not. ;)

IdiotOfTheDay
07-05-2005, 06:53 PM
I put up a post earlier but was pehaps slightly harsh say they should've stopped at Americana. What i was more getting at was just the loss of edge so the question is would you (given the chance) have given Dex and co an 'anger injection' just after Ixnay was released (my personal last brilliant offspring album) now that you have heard what they've released?
I think every album has really great tracks but the great/pants ratio i feel drops sharpish later on.
Get over it, they kick ass no matter what, be happy they're still rockin'.
And they've got edge. Hell yeah, they've got edge. And even though I'm a newer fan--I wasn't even born when self-titled came out--but by listening to all the albums, I don't think there was a transition from punk to pop. Punk to alternative rock, maybe, but never to pop. They wrote songs about what they wanted to write songs about, and made the music the way they wanted to, and if some like Pretty Fly scored bigger with the public then others, then it's not neccessarily their fault, and it doesn't make them pop.
And punk isn't just music and how mainstream a band is, it's an attitude. And I don't know about you, but I think they've got that attitude.