PDA

View Full Version : Will anyone else agree with me that Offsprings gone downhill since after Americana???

THE_DUKE
07-05-2005, 07:56 PM
now dont get me wrong, i love the offspring, got all their shit, ALL CDs and BLA BLA BLA but I think everything AFTER AMERICANA all their stuff got sour, i dont blame them, its hard to keep something as great as what theyv givvin fresh for so long, it was the best musical run ive ever known. im not sad that everythings gon sour, but happy that ive seen it ALL!!! :D

Camilamazed
07-05-2005, 07:57 PM
I'm fed up with this complaining people.... You all should get over yourselves... :rolleyes:

Floyd the Barber
07-05-2005, 07:58 PM
Nope...I disagree. I think they're still making great music.

THE_DUKE
07-05-2005, 07:59 PM
:mad: i cant get over myself, i have to fell supieior in the first place to do that.

barangatang
07-05-2005, 08:00 PM
YES I DO!!! offspring is getting more and more poppy since americana!!! get over it!!!

TheUnholyNightbringer
07-05-2005, 08:01 PM
Why does "poppy" equal "bad"?

THE_DUKE
07-05-2005, 08:01 PM
YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT, BUT ITS TRUE :eek:

barangatang
07-05-2005, 08:02 PM
but that dosn't mean that they are bad i still think that they are making great music just its getting worse

THE_DUKE
Brittney spears is "poppy" and THATS bad

Camilamazed
Why does "poppy" equal "bad"?It's only because they don't have anything else to say... Actually they do not have any reasons to complain,They do that because their life suck and complaining about everything is fun.

THE_DUKE
07-05-2005, 08:05 PM
It's only because they don't have anything else to say... Actually they do not have any reasons to complain,They do that because their life suck and complaining about everything is fun.

OK THEN!!! ill put it in a differant context- their getting poppy, or a differant why of saying it---thier musics getting bad. THEIR!!!

original_prankster
07-05-2005, 08:10 PM
I have no clue, honestly.

The Offspring are still good. I like Americana alot. It sure isn't my favorite, but it's fun to listen to when wanting to headbang or sing along with something.

THE_DUKE
07-05-2005, 08:13 PM
poppy is an easy way of saying sh*ty music, its just so weird saying that about father, uh....i mean the offspring, so we say poppy

Camilamazed
07-05-2005, 08:15 PM
FOR FUCK'S SAKE.....

If they are poppy or not, IT DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER.. I must say that if it weren't because of all this Poppy thing LOT OF PEOPLE would never know about them.

Poppy or not I still like them. And if you don't like TRY HEAVY METAL !!!!

THE_DUKE
07-05-2005, 08:17 PM
FOR FUCK'S SAKE.....

If they are poppy or not, IT DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER.. I must say that if it weren't because of all this Poppy thing LOT OF PEOPLE would never know about them.

Poppy or not I still like them. And if you don't like TRY HEAVY METAL !!!!

so you agree that their poppy and thats why their famous, how do YOU define poppy camilamazed?????? :confused:

original_prankster
07-05-2005, 08:18 PM
Plus, it's really stupid to say that an entire genre of music is bad. Sure, the majority of it is the same thing over and over again, but Hot Hot Heat is an example of enjoyable pop-rock music. I also like Relient K, personally...

By the way, the true definition of pop is...popular.

THE_DUKE
07-05-2005, 08:20 PM
stop looking at this post at look at my other one! ITS SO FUNNY ;)

barangatang
07-05-2005, 08:21 PM

yes your right i meant to say that thier music is getting worse

Marit
07-05-2005, 08:21 PM
I agree with you.

Camilamazed
07-05-2005, 08:26 PM
so you agree that their poppy and thats why their famous, how do YOU define poppy camilamazed?????? :confused:

Actually what I understand from you when you say they're poppy is that they are famous because songs like Pretty fly and Hit That.
Let me know If i'm wrong.

THE_DUKE
07-05-2005, 08:35 PM
Actually what I understand from you when you say they're poppy is that they are famous because songs like Pretty fly and Hit That.
Let me know If i'm wrong.

it could mean that, i dont know, "pop" is what section the Offspring is under and any music store, so i guess by definition their poppy! :)

THE_DUKE
07-05-2005, 08:35 PM
:confused: or is it rock???

original_prankster
07-05-2005, 08:36 PM
SO WHAT? Shut UP and get a LIFE.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
07-05-2005, 09:09 PM
Nope. Conspiracy Of One is one of the most underrated albums ever. I don't care too much for Splinter, though.

Btw, "poppy" does NOT equal bad. You people are fucking too close minded when it comes to music.

TheUnholyNightbringer
07-05-2005, 09:10 PM
Nope. Conspiracy Of One is one of the most underrated albums ever. I don't care too much for Splinter, though.

Btw, "poppy" does NOT equal bad. You people are fucking too close minded when it comes to music.

Thank the lord, another voice of reason.

original_prankster
07-05-2005, 09:11 PM
I'd like to add...

Good Charlotte and Simple Plan are in the Punk section of FYE over here. Does this mean they are punk? HELL no. GC and SP are the ones that are really poppy, not Offspring.

Camilamazed
07-05-2005, 09:22 PM
I really wonder why you all spend a lot of time talking about style. So it means that if you like a punk rock band you have to only be into Punk?

I DO NOT CARE ABOUT STYLE. NO ONE is sure about what PUNK is. SPECIALLY THE PEOPLE WHO ARE ALWAYS TALKING ABOUT IT.......

TheUnholyNightbringer
07-05-2005, 09:24 PM
I really wonder why you all spend a lot of time talking about style. So it means that if you like a punk rock band you have to only be into Punk?

I DO NOT CARE ABOUT STYLE. NO ONE is sure about what PUNK is. SPECIALLY THE PEOPLE WHO ARE ALWAYS TALKING ABOUT IT.......

True punks don't have instruments. Instruments are for conformists. The ideal punk band would be a group of men, in a room, shouting. Real fuckin' loud.

undesiredhope17
07-05-2005, 10:14 PM
I would agree with the title of this topic, but CO1 has grown on me and Splinter has always been one of my favorates in spite of it being too short.

THE_DUKE
07-05-2005, 10:26 PM
SO WHAT? Shut UP and get a LIFE.

HEY! FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKING FUCK! WHY DONT YOU SHUT UP AND GET A LIFE YOU FUCKING STUPID ASS PEICE OF SHIT!!!!!! I KNOW WHAT YOU LIKE TO DO- YOU LIKE TO TAKE A PEICE OF SHIT AND FUCK IT AND FUCK IT AND FUCK IT AND FUCK! SO I SAY ONCE MORE FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING FUCK!! :mad: P.S. WHY DONT YOU EAT SOME SHIT....AND SUCK A NUT FAGGIT

Homer
07-05-2005, 10:29 PM
seriously "the_duke", have you heard their new CD (not GH)? The only "poppy" song on there is Hit That, and the rest is more rock. So why don't you pull your head out of your ass and stop listening to The Offspring? Obviously you don't like them if you have to come on their official boards and say they're crappy, and while your at it, shit your pants.

undesiredhope17
07-05-2005, 11:12 PM
HEY! FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKING FUCK! WHY DONT YOU SHUT UP AND GET A LIFE YOU FUCKING STUPID ASS PEICE OF SHIT!!!!!! I KNOW WHAT YOU LIKE TO DO- YOU LIKE TO TAKE A PEICE OF SHIT AND FUCK IT AND FUCK IT AND FUCK IT AND FUCK! SO I SAY ONCE MORE FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING FUCK!! :mad: P.S. WHY DONT YOU EAT SOME SHIT....AND SUCK A NUT FAGGIT

I wonder why people blow a fuse online when you don't even know who the hell is at the other end. and thanks for the highly enlightening point on view!
I don't think it matters if they are rock, pop, country, oldies, or whatever else you can name, all I know is the Offspring appeal to me, regardless of what genre they are :p

Drummerguy123
07-05-2005, 11:16 PM
There music is still good, but their popularity has gone down.

THE_DUKE
07-05-2005, 11:24 PM
Bbbbbbbbbbiiiiiiiiiittttttttttccccccchhhhhhhhhh!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
07-06-2005, 12:05 AM
Bbbbbbbbbbiiiiiiiiiittttttttttccccccchhhhhhhhhh!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So....you're one of those people that suck at life, aren't you?

Venom Symbiote
07-06-2005, 12:16 AM
Americana is their worst album - an improvement with C01, aside from the singles (which were fucking horrible, excluding MMA - which doesn't count, as it was never PROPERLY released).

Splinter was a step in the right direction again, but too little too late. It had "Spare Me The Details" which basically automatically takes away any chance it had of being a classic Offy record, and was too damn short.

Smash, Americana, and Splinter are OVERRATED, just in the same way that Conspiracy of One was UNDERRATED.

Ixnay is their career-high. End of story.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
07-06-2005, 12:52 AM
Americana is their worst album - an improvement with C01, aside from the singles (which were fucking horrible, excluding MMA - which doesn't count, as it was never PROPERLY released).

Splinter was a step in the right direction again, but too little too late. It had "Spare Me The Details" which basically automatically takes away any chance it had of being a classic Offy record, and was too damn short.

Smash, Americana, and Splinter are OVERRATED, just in the same way that Conspiracy of One was UNDERRATED.

Ixnay is their career-high. End of story.

It's good to know I'm not alone in thinking Conspiracy Of One is an underrated album. :)

Springator
07-06-2005, 02:42 AM
Dudes aren't you fuckin bored asking the same question every week?Oh come ON!!!!!!!!Be original!Why the most popular topics in this forums are - "Did they become pop after Americana?" and "Is Noodles gay?" :eek: :eek: :eek:
I'm gonna drown myself in a toilet...

bhg_rulz2
07-06-2005, 02:50 AM
THE_DUKE.....please...stop talking...all of their albums are exellent...dont fuck with that..they r not poppy...stupid dumpshit god damn ...well..you know the rest :)

Hypodermic_89
07-06-2005, 02:51 AM
now dont get me wrong, i love the offspring, got all their shit, ALL CDs and BLA BLA BLA but I think everything AFTER AMERICANA all their stuff got sour, i dont blame them, its hard to keep something as great as what theyv givvin fresh for so long, it was the best musical run ive ever known. im not sad that everythings gon sour, but happy that ive seen it ALL!!! :D

If you don't love Co1 and Splinter, then you don't love The Offspring. You love s/t, ignition, smash, ixnay and americana but NOT the Offspring. And by the way, If the Offspring would've made the same kind of music all the time, they would've got boring and they would've quit a long time ago.

Marit
07-06-2005, 03:04 AM
If you don't love Co1 and Splinter, then you don't love The Offspring. You love s/t, ignition, smash, ixnay and americana but NOT the Offspring. And by the way, If the Offspring would've made the same kind of music all the time, they would've got boring and they would've quit a long time ago.

That's bullshit! It is perfectly possible to love a band without loving every album they've made.

Preecey
07-06-2005, 03:05 AM
I like Splinter more than Ixnay, I think. And CO1 was my favourite album for a while. And Americana is what got them big; they were in their prime when that was released. So I really don't see your argument, myself.

Mota___Boy
07-06-2005, 05:50 AM
I'm just going to distance myself from this dude cos i know i came on here for the first time yesterday and started on slightly shaky terms but i truely just wondered how many people agreed about the 'edge' thing i was talking about. If you dont like there last few albums then dont buy them. I like all the albums and listen to them on a fairly regular basis. I just like the first few more than the last few.
It was not my intention to start any kinda anti-offspring feeling around here.
Dexter is still one of the greatest song writers thats ever lived. We're talking Jim Morrison, James Hetfield et al.
BURN IT UP!

gortesque
07-06-2005, 07:03 AM
nope, they still make good music. end of disscussion.

HeadAroundU
07-06-2005, 09:17 AM
I don't agree with you.

platinumpt
07-06-2005, 09:30 AM

No, I don't agree with you. I'm not sure of what underrated means... is it underestimating the value of something? If so,then I agree with the ones who said that CO1 is underrated. That album is fantastic. Just listen to Special Delivery, Dammit..., One Fine Day, MMA... it's great, I played it many times more than Americana when it came out... Americana, IMO, just turns out to be boring, after a certain point... there are songs that I can't even think about, and much less play them...

Splinter is great, the only problem is it's size. It's TOO SHORT. What the fuck have they been doing for 3 years anyway? Nevermind... it has great lyrics though, in every single song. Even though "Hit That" sounds kinda ..."poppy"? it's still great, I like that song a lot, when you hear it, you identify it as "THE OFFSPRING", and don't confuse it with anything else, and that's what's really important! Damn, I was like in my bathroom washing my teeth, and suddenly I heard a sound in the radio I immediately identified as The Offspring, so I came running to my bedroom, and listened to Hit That for my first time!

And what about Can't Repeat... what a great song... I think since Pretty Fly they've released great singles... even though I don't agree with their options concerning CO1... I'd release WYB as first single, or maybe MMA... never OP, that sucked...

Camilamazed
07-06-2005, 10:01 AM
You all should stop discussing it.

All of their albums are great. I say so.

Case Closed

Bad Habit
07-06-2005, 10:27 AM
Im with you, youare correct

EmilyChappell
07-06-2005, 11:46 AM
i think they're older music is better, but i still love their new stuff :D

Amazed
07-06-2005, 12:16 PM
Nope...I disagree. I think they're still making great music.

I agree with your "disagreement" ;)

Aimeht
07-06-2005, 01:15 PM
So do I. ^
Of course their sound has changed but they're still very good.

The-Offspring-RuLe
07-06-2005, 01:27 PM
As i said in a previous thread identical to this one....

I think as much as the fans wanted Offspring to keep their old style, they can't make another Smash or Americana each album has to be in a different direction and Dexter wanted it that way i think, also each album has progressed lyricly and technically through the 20 years they have been playing full time. All the albums are unique in their own way different sounds etc... they just get better with every album in my opinion.

bouncingcoles
07-06-2005, 03:15 PM
I'm fed up with this complaining people.... You all should get over yourselves... :rolleyes:

i agree!!!!!!

bd007h
07-06-2005, 03:17 PM
I think the downhill started WITH Americana. Ixnay Is my favorite Offspring album, and Americana is my least favorite, and they were only a year apart. It was a big set back, but They picked it back up with C01. I still like Americana though, but it's just not as good as Ignition, Smash, Ixnay, CO1, and Splinter.

bd007h
07-06-2005, 03:18 PM
I like Splinter more than Ixnay, I think. And CO1 was my favourite album for a while. And Americana is what got them big; they were in their prime when that was released. So I really don't see your argument, myself.

I have to correct you. Smash made them big.

bd007h
07-06-2005, 03:19 PM
ding ding ding!! And the correct answer is:

i think they're older music is better, but i still love their new stuff :D

nameless
07-06-2005, 04:32 PM
i wouldnt say gone downhill but im not as big fan of the last two albums with the likes of hit that and original prankster on compared to the previous ones!

Offspring-Fanatic
07-06-2005, 08:36 PM
I think the downhill started WITH Americana. Ixnay Is my favorite Offspring album, and Americana is my least favorite, and they were only a year apart. It was a big set back, but They picked it back up with C01. I still like Americana though, but it's just not as good as Ignition, Smash, Ixnay, CO1, and Splinter.

YOU SUCK I FUCKING HATE YOU NOW. Splinter isn't better than Americana, (even though I love it) and Americana is great.

Gee, no wonder so many people hate you. I've joined the club.

Offspring-Fanatic
07-06-2005, 08:38 PM
i wouldnt say gone downhill but im not as big fan of the last two albums with the likes of hit that and original prankster on compared to the previous ones!

just because of two songs? In interviews on DualDisc Hit That was just to do something different.

And some of us love Original Prankster. Like me. I can't stop in the middle of that song, I have to listen to the rest b4 I do anything else.

bd007h
07-06-2005, 09:11 PM
YOU SUCK I FUCKING HATE YOU NOW. Splinter is better than Americana, (even though I love it) and Americana is great.

Gee, no wonder so many people hate you. I've joined the club.

Did I not say that Americana was my least favorite? And they picked back up with CO1? Wouldn't that logically mean that I think that Splinter is better than Americana? :rolleyes:

Offspring-Fanatic
07-06-2005, 09:18 PM
oopsy. typo.

Offspring-Fanatic
07-06-2005, 09:20 PM
now what? you think splinter is better, most people don't.

you must be crazy.

bd007h
07-06-2005, 09:34 PM
Americana may have more good songs, but the best songs on Splinter are better than the best songs on Americana. quality over quanity.

Americana is my least favorite because it is their most generic and "pop-punkish" album. Now Ignition, Smash, and Ixnay On The Hombre.... Now those are some kick ass albums.

Venom Symbiote
07-06-2005, 10:33 PM
QUOTE:
"If you don't love Co1 and Splinter, then you don't love The Offspring. You love s/t, ignition, smash, ixnay and americana but NOT the Offspring."

How do you reason? :confused: Pretty illogical statement there, champ.

Panzerfaust92
07-07-2005, 01:28 AM
I think splinter was better than conspiracy of one

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
07-07-2005, 01:59 AM
I've said it before, Splinter is a weird album to me. There are a few good songs on it. The songs on it that are good are really really good. However, the not-so-good songs are downright horrible. Good songs on Splinter: The Noose, Hit That, Race Against Myself, Can't Get My Head Around You, and Lightning Rod. That's it. Everything else on that record kinda blows.

platinumpt
07-07-2005, 02:03 AM
now what? you think splinter is better, most people don't.

you must be crazy.

Well I think splinter is better. I like Americana a lot, it's a fucking great album and I played it plenty of times when it came out, but I play more often Splinter. Perhaps the fact of being a smaller album helped! But definitely, I think The Offspring are growing better and better... even though their commercial success is getting lower and lower... they never disappointed me.

Venom Symbiote
07-07-2005, 05:13 AM
"Never Gonna Find Me" and "Long Way Home" are tight.

You twat. :)

bd007h
07-07-2005, 01:23 PM
Well I think splinter is better. I like Americana a lot, it's a fucking great album and I played it plenty of times when it came out, but I play more often Splinter. Perhaps the fact of being a smaller album helped! But definitely, I think The Offspring are growing better and better... even though their commercial success is getting lower and lower... they never disappointed me.

The Offspring has never dissapointed me either, I just like some albums more than others. But to hate someone or call them crazy just because they don't like certain albums as much as them is just down right rediculous. :rolleyes:
Not that it matters to me. The Offspring has been my favorite band since probably before she even knew they existed.

stathis21
07-07-2005, 01:38 PM
i think that the offspring are still making great music,but the problem is that most people in ourdays prefer listen to music like rap,pop,rnb and other shit like that.

FFX-ME
07-07-2005, 02:11 PM
yes that is true, they are no longer in the mainstream of music but because of that they have also changed their style to make it a bit popyer wich only brought them down lower, the greatest hits album is an attempt to get back on top

listen to the cant repeat lirics, i beleive they refer to their career

-yesterday laughs tomorow cries
-I can‘t hold onto what‘s been done
I can‘t grab onto what‘s to come
-Memories are bittersweet
The good times we can‘t repeat
-Those days are gone and we can never get them back
Now we must move ahead
Despite our fear and dread
-With all our joys and fears
Wrapped in forgotten years
-Time tears down what we‘ve made

what do you think

darko
07-07-2005, 02:16 PM
i wont say they have gone downhill, just changed...at one time or another it happens to all bands, they start off trying to sound like there influences, then grow into there own sound and mature

FFX-ME
07-07-2005, 02:18 PM
what do you think of the song do you agree i think the offspring also think they are down the hill

platinumpt
07-07-2005, 05:38 PM
The Offspring has never dissapointed me either, I just like some albums more than others. But to hate someone or call them crazy just because they don't like certain albums as much as them is just down right rediculous. :rolleyes:
Not that it matters to me. The Offspring has been my favorite band since probably before she even knew they existed.

Yeah man I agree, but I didn't call anyone crazy!!! :eek:

It was a quote I putted from other user I guess..

platinumpt
07-07-2005, 05:43 PM
what do you think of the song do you agree i think the offspring also think they are down the hill

Actually you brought to my attention something I didn't notice, which is to compare the lyrics of the song with their situation! Good thinking! It might be just a coincidence... anyway I don't think their career is that bad! It surely knew better days, but they're still rocking and releasing great songs!! They just aren't mainstream anymore... otherwise we'd have another band like U2 or coldplay or even a boysband :eek: ... so it's better this way! :)

Offspring-Fanatic
07-07-2005, 05:59 PM

well tell me this too, how much older are u than me?

of course you've known about them more, when u guys were into them i used to like britney spears and n'sync, and i was like 9. but that was 5 years ago. ive really been into them for like a year and a half, and i cant get enough now

Offspring-Fanatic
07-07-2005, 06:01 PM
so cut your crap and move on

bd007h
07-07-2005, 07:56 PM
well tell me this too, how much older are u than me?

of course you've known about them more, when u guys were into them i used to like britney spears and n'sync, and i was like 9. but that was 5 years ago. ive really been into them for like a year and a half, and i cant get enough now

Then get out there and buy the 5 albums you don't have, because they are all better thent the 2 you do have.

bd007h
07-07-2005, 08:14 PM
I'm 18 now, turning 19 on July 31st.
I've been familiar with the Offspring for 11 years (since 1994), since I was 8. My sister got Smash on tape the summer it came out, and I liked it, but we both lost interest after while. I got into them again a year or so later, when I rediscovered the cassette after I heard Self Esteem on the radio, but I lost interest again after while. Then, in 1999 (I was in 6th grade), my sister's boyfriend at the time (she was in 12th), gave her a cassette that had Smash on one side and Ixnay On The Hombre on the other. I really liked Ixnay rediscovered how great smash is. Then I found out they had a new album out (Americana) and I liked the songs from the radio from the album, so I borrowed the album from another friend of my sister's and taped it. , I I was hooked. I then sought out to by all of their albums on CD. (I still had Smash, Ixnay, and Americana on tape). I bought Self Titled and and Ignition on cd later that year. Then (in early 2000) my sister's boyfriend (a new one) gave me his CD of Smash. I soon after bought Ixnay, and for Christmas in 2000 I received Americana and Conspiracy Of One as gifts. I then had all the albums on Cd. Fast forward 3 years to December 9th 2003, My sister and her boyfriend (same one from 2000) went to the midnight sale at the House of Guitars and got me Splinter within 10-15 minutes of it's release.

The HOG possibly the biggest music store in the US, and is well known by hundreds, maybe thousands of popular bands in the music industry)

In my opinion, this is how I rank the albums from best to worst:

1. Ixnay On The Hombre
2. Smash
3. Ignition
4. Conspiracy Of One
5. The Offspring
6. Splinter
7. Americana

platinumpt
07-08-2005, 02:03 AM
Then get out there and buy the 5 albums you don't have, because they are all better thent the 2 you do have.

AHAHAHAHA! Damn, I say again, YOU'RE A FUCKING GENIOUS!!!!

YEAH, or at least download them from the net, as you're such a big fan and all... young girl!

Amazed
07-08-2005, 02:49 AM
But definitely, I think The Offspring are growing better and better... even though their commercial success is getting lower and lower... they never disappointed me.

That is so true :)

bd007h
07-09-2005, 01:21 PM
barring Ixnay, The Offspring was at it's best when Dexter still had long hair.

totalimmortal
07-09-2005, 01:53 PM
barring Ixnay, The Offspring was at it's best when Dexter still had long hair.

Totally agree...Ignition was the best of them though ;)

bd007h
07-09-2005, 01:54 PM
Since Pay The Man is their best song ever, I disagree ofcourse. The only album I didn't like that much was CO1. Don't like Dexters voice on Smash either, so I mostly listened to live tracks from that album.

But we've been having this crap since the internet was commercialized. First people said they went downhill since Ixnay, then americana, then co1, etc. It just depends on how old you are to remember it all

I guess the age thing might be a factor, but I believe it also kinda depends on what album/song you were introduced to them with. I was introduced to them in 1994 with Smash (the album), when I was 8.

Guillermo90
07-09-2005, 03:04 PM
i agree with the thread

Sardukar
07-09-2005, 03:35 PM
I think that they're best cd's are smash ans ixnay, i luv all the cd's but they just can't do what they used to any more

Sardukar
07-09-2005, 03:37 PM
I guess the age thing might be a factor, but I believe it also kinda depends on what album/song you were introduced to them with. I was introduced to them in 1994 with Smash (the album), when I was 8.

I don't think it is, i was intorduced to americana in 2001, and my fav is still ixnay and smash

Dexter_Noodles_Greg K_Ron
07-09-2005, 03:38 PM
Offspring went downhill after ixnay on the hombre

St. Jimmy
07-09-2005, 03:39 PM
offspring went down hill since manic subsidal.

0r4ng3
07-09-2005, 04:47 PM
The Offspring have been going downhill since Greatest Hits.

fuckB Ratty
07-09-2005, 04:54 PM
i will never agree with this shit

FFX-ME
07-09-2005, 06:01 PM
greatest hits has brought them up not down