PDA

View Full Version : the meaning of L.A.P.D.

acgc2002
11-12-2004, 05:33 PM
Can anyone tell me what L.A.P.D. stands for??? And its meaning? I have no clue at all... and I wanted to know. :-)

Sketch
11-12-2004, 05:38 PM
L.A.P.D is short for Los Angeles Police Department. Los Angeles is a city in southern california. and that police department has been known to beat up inncoent people and stuff like that. well they used to. the songs just kind of about how the police can get away with anything and well pretty much what the song says.

Danno
11-13-2004, 12:32 AM
I believe this song was written shortly after the L.A. Riots which if you check your early 90's history was basically started due to the police brutality going on in L.A. mainly the Rodney King beating. Speaking of Rodney King, I heard not too long ago he was making his own rap album. Funny how things work out.

-Danno

MirandaV
11-13-2004, 04:13 AM
I know where the song was about, but not that lapd meaned. Thanks.

too_close_to_see
11-13-2004, 04:32 AM
I believe this song was written shortly after the L.A. Riots which if you check your early 90's history was basically started due to the police brutality going on in L.A. mainly the Rodney King beating. Speaking of Rodney King, I heard not too long ago he was making his own rap album. Funny how things work out.

-Danno

Haha. The big Rodney King debate in American History X is awesome.

mr uk man
12-02-2004, 09:16 AM
Beat all the niggers
Beat whoever you see
Don‘t need a reason
(We‘re) L.A.P.D.

Floyd the Barber
12-02-2004, 02:40 PM
Basically they're trashing the LAPD for its early-90s brutality (Rodney King was beat up a few months before Ignition came out)