PDA

View Full Version : band grieves their old fame

FFX-ME
07-07-2005, 02:41 PM
listen to the cant repeat lirics, i beleive they refer to their career and how its going downhill. im scared cus they also say something like i wich we couls stop in it also

-yesterday laughs tomorow cries
-I can‘t hold onto what‘s been done
I can‘t grab onto what‘s to come
-Memories are bittersweet
The good times we can‘t repeat
-Those days are gone and we can never get them back
Now we must move ahead
Despite our fear and dread
-With all our joys and fears
Wrapped in forgotten years
-Time tears down what we‘ve made

DarrellOCguy
07-07-2005, 03:14 PM
lol.............................Wait, youre serious arent you?

Ha.

End Thread.

The-Offspring-RuLe
07-07-2005, 03:17 PM
Blowing it out of proportion a little, but your entitled to your opinion as actually nobody knows what the song is really about. Theres nothing for you to worry about though

Rancid_Guyxxx
07-07-2005, 07:05 PM
lol.............................Wait, youre serious arent you?

Ha.

End Thread.

Why should the thread end? The guy has an opinion on something and he wants it to be heard. It involves the offspring, and it is appropriate question for this board. He might not be right but oh well. What do you think it's about?

Hyper nova
07-07-2005, 07:14 PM
Err loads of people have said this but Dexter explains what its about in the DVD of the GH and is not abou tthere career. Its about time moving on and how we cant live our live the same as when we were younger and about memories.

vintagepunkrock7
07-07-2005, 11:23 PM
Err loads of people have said this but Dexter explains what its about in the DVD of the GH and is not abou tthere career. Its about time moving on and how we cant live our live the same as when we were younger and about memories.

that is what i always thought it meant but whenever i listen to the song it makes me think, damn, life is going by way too fast what have i been doing all this time.

bd007h
07-07-2005, 11:37 PM
yeah, it's pretty much about not living in the past. Don't let the bad things get to you. Live on and move ahead. Good times are behind us, but more will come.

I think it really fits the situation I'm in right now. I just graduated from high school, and all my friends and I are going on to different places and doing different things.

vintagepunkrock7
07-07-2005, 11:48 PM
I think it really fits the situation I'm in right now. I just graduated from high school, and all my friends and I are going on to different places and doing different things.
i think that is why i like the song so much, i really identify with it so much right now.

meaning_of_life
07-08-2005, 05:21 AM
listen to the cant repeat lirics, i beleive they refer to their career and how its going downhill. im scared cus they also say something like i wich we couls stop in it also

-yesterday laughs tomorow cries
-I can‘t hold onto what‘s been done
I can‘t grab onto what‘s to come
-Memories are bittersweet
The good times we can‘t repeat
-Those days are gone and we can never get them back
Now we must move ahead
Despite our fear and dread
-With all our joys and fears
Wrapped in forgotten years
-Time tears down what we‘ve made
youre looking into it too much. youre interpretation, i guess, but youre clearly way off.

TheUnholyNightbringer
07-08-2005, 05:45 AM

Am I the only one that figured this out first time?

platinumpt
07-08-2005, 07:52 AM
I agree with all this previous posts. Can't Repeat is "just" a great song, I don't think there's a message attached to it, like that suggested by FFx-ME! Although it's a possible interpretation, in my opinion it's just a coincidence.

But like many of their other songs, they write lyrics about stuff that happens to every one of us, or feelings we go through at certain times of our lives... so maybe Can't Repeat is one of those songs, and it has no other meaning otherwise than that.

FFX-ME
07-08-2005, 11:43 AM
Err loads of people have said this but Dexter explains what its about in the DVD of the GH and Its about time moving on and how we cant live our live the same as when we were younger and about memories.

exactly dude, they dont have the same carrer they had when they were younger, they dont have the fame and cant live their life the same so they must move on

Dexter_Noodles_Greg K_Ron
07-08-2005, 11:45 AM
when i first found out the lyrics i also wondered wether they were referring to their carrer but it seems he was talknig about his life in general :)

FFX-ME
07-08-2005, 11:46 AM
ya i just saw the new clip it southes me a bit cuz it shows a different point of view but i still have fear because in a past thread they mentionned their next cd would be the last