PDA

View Full Version : Can we PLEASE change this?

Preocupado
07-07-2005, 02:48 PM
All latin ppl in here should know by now that the USA military has just succeded on getting Paraguay's permission to stablish a permanent military base on its territory. The base is at one of the richest locations of the globe when it comes to natural resources as water and biodiversity. Not to mention the continental strategic location right in the tripple border (Brazil, Argentina and Paraguay) near the biggest dam in the world: Itaipu, wich provides our countries with a large and vital amount of energy. Also, there used to be a half-clandestine american base in there. Sounds like the authorities just put some lube in theyr anus so the rape hurts less for now.

The consolidation of military and economic control over Latin America has long been a strategic priority of the United States. In the financial arena, Latin American dependence is perpetuated by an illegitimate external debt and by new mechanisms of economic domination, like the FTAA and other multilateral trade agreements, which reinforce the macroeconomic policies determined by the international financial institutions and enforced by the United States. This economic axis of U.S. imperialism is backed up by an enormous military capability.

I just hope that, for theyr own sake, Paraguay wont let this be a free pass for private north american security companies (mercs) as Colombia did.

Just as a reminder: As published by the Newsweek Magazine right after the september 11th attacks, Douglas Feith, USA's sub-secretary of defense, made a suggestion to Bush: Invading the tripple border with airtransported troops in order to hunt Al Qaeda's members and permanently occupy the area with military supremacy.

As for us, brazillians, we got some pizza issues going on in the senate wich means we gotta take care of inner business before letting these imperialist pigs steal every resource that escapes from our control.

So, if you took the time, thank you ;)
What do you think? Can we please change that?

oh, and excuse me for the bad english!

TheUnholyNightbringer
07-07-2005, 02:52 PM
Good thread, but should be in Politics.

Preocupado
07-07-2005, 02:54 PM
Good thread, but should be in Politics.

oh, right! could you delete this please? I'll post it in politics!

TheUnholyNightbringer
07-07-2005, 02:56 PM
Don't worry about it, moved. :)

Preocupado
07-07-2005, 05:04 PM
I dont really understand you comment so let's go throught possible matters that went throught my mind.

1- If i make myself sound that i'm helping with the stablishment of the base by my post, then no. I'm 100% against that kind of policy.

2- If you're trying to show some grammar mistakes i, once again, can't see where they are.

3- (i think is this one) If by "you" you mean the latin countries, then yes: Paraguay will receive some fat millions for that. And this money is justified as help in actions against drug lords, terrorist groups and other social impairment issues currently disturbing Paraguay.

Preocupado
07-07-2005, 05:36 PM
By the way, that is a good point: if Paraguay is taking money for that or not.

The opinion from ppl outside latin america can bring up the selling out posture of latin coutries instead of the being raped feeling among this side of politics.

Mostly we, latin ppl, see things that way because we live everyday the social problems created by unfair trading and illegitimate debt with IMF and so on. We live now the problems that lead to an international policy that will always put us in the background of the important decisions concerning who gets the most benefits.