PDA

View Full Version : final fantasy 7

Satch
07-08-2005, 11:16 AM
i recently started playing this game again.... super awesome stuff...

whats your opinion on this game?

Preecey
07-08-2005, 11:19 AM
The graphics are pretty lame. When I revisited it earlier this year I was shoked and apalled at that aspect.
But the storyline is superb- by far the best storyline the FF team have ever done. I think I heard somewhere that they're re-doing it in better graphics, so that should be something to look forward to.

Offspring Pyro
07-08-2005, 11:22 AM
Comon that game is old what do you expect? It is a really good game. Like Preecy said it has one of the best storylines. Another good final fantasy is 8. Dont bother playing the newer ones there all about half naked women and guns. The best final fantasy's are the ones with spikey hairded badass's with huge swords.

Endymion
07-08-2005, 11:27 AM
ff6=best..

Preecey
07-08-2005, 11:29 AM
Comon that game is old what do you expect? It is a really good game. Like Preecy said it has one of the best storylines. Another good final fantasy is 8. Dont bother playing the newer ones there all about half naked women and guns. The best final fantasy's are the ones with spikey hairded badass's with huge swords.
Yeah, the graphics are excusable. And the spikey hairdness with unbelievable big swords in even stranger lands are much better than the slightly seedy chicks with pistols (although that does have a certain appeal). I think if the new FFs are reverting back to the classic ones like 7 and 9 (I never played 8) that could be a wise more. Invest in storyline instead of graphics, I think.

Satch
07-08-2005, 11:30 AM

i agree.. all the new ones are fruity and have really colorful backrounds and pussies for main characters...cloud strife is the coolest

Paint_It_Black
07-08-2005, 11:33 AM
Somehow, i was only able to get into FF10.

St. Jimmy
07-08-2005, 11:35 AM
i agree.. all the new ones are fruity and have really colorful backrounds and pussies for main characters...cloud strife is the coolest
Cloud is the fucking best! He kicks ass.

TheUnholyNightbringer
07-08-2005, 11:36 AM
8 was better.

Satch
07-08-2005, 11:38 AM
8 was better.

i never really liked 8 cuz for me thats when FF started gettin fruity...

Preecey
07-08-2005, 11:45 AM
My brother played it but somehow I never managed to. From what I remember it was about universties battling each other, wasn't it?

Offspring Pyro
07-08-2005, 11:50 AM
8 was better.

THANK YOU! Finally somone who likes 8. All of the other ones are really good but something abouts squall just made me like that game. Storyline in that game is definatly good too.

Satch
My brother played it but somehow I never managed to. From what I remember it was about universties battling each other, wasn't it?

yea 8 was about a bunch of adolecent people in these fruity schools battling each other... and the schools could get up off the ground and drive around... also throughout the whole game, squall(the main charater) only did about 100 damage.. and it was hard as hell to find all the items to upgrade,thats right upgrade, your weapon... also, Zell (the gay guy that joins your party) is a fruit cake

TheUnholyNightbringer
THANK YOU! Finally somone who likes 8. All of the other ones are really good but something abouts squall just made me like that game. Storyline in that game is definatly good too.

8's the best FF I've played. No question.

Endymion
07-08-2005, 11:52 AM
sixsixsix!

Preecey
07-08-2005, 11:54 AM
yea 8 was about a bunch of adolecent people in these fruity schools battling each other... and the schools could get up off the ground and drive around... also throughout the whole game, squall(the main charater) only did about 100 damage.. and it was hard as hell to find all the items to upgrade,thats right upgrade, your weapon... also, Zell (the gay guy that joins your party) is a fruit cake
I remmber bits of the start. I think I played a demo of the first assignment you go on, where you get chased by some massive fucking spider. Heh, I thought it was really cool at the time. Never played the full thing, though.

My brother tryed to by 9 when it came out and, being helpless at Roman numerals, bought 6. From what I remember it was nearly 2-D, and three minutes in you get attacked by some huge, oversized whelk.

Satch
07-08-2005, 11:57 AM
I remmber bits of the start. I think I played a demo of the first assignment you go on, where you get chased by some massive fucking spider. Heh, I thought it was really cool at the time. Never played the full thing, though.

My brother tryed to by 9 when it came out and, being helpless at Roman numerals, bought 6. From what I remember it was nearly 2-D, and three minutes in you get attacked by some huge, oversized whelk.

FF 6 is great... a real classic.. though there are parts that make you want to throw your PS against the wall as hard as you can and scream til you pass out

9 was also great... some fruity parts but overall great.

Endymion
07-08-2005, 11:59 AM

nearly? it was! sprite based with beautiful parallaxing and exquisite coloring.

Endymion
07-08-2005, 12:00 PM
*some* of us were cool and played ff6 on the snes.

Preecey
07-08-2005, 12:02 PM
nearly? it was! sprite based with beautiful parallaxing and exquisite coloring.
Well it was a long time ago so I don't quite remember. I remember the intro was some soldiers walking in the snow or something for half an hour while the credits came up and that pissed me off, but I never managed to get really into the game (passed the huge whelk, which appeared for no obvious reason) because within a day my brother was pissed off at getting the wrong game and sold it.

Offspring Pyro
07-08-2005, 12:02 PM
I never was able to play FF6 on SNES. But i was absolutly obsessed (and still am to some degree) with snes. There are some real clasics on that machine. Especially all the mario brothers games.

Satch
07-08-2005, 12:03 PM
*some* of us were cool and played ff6 on the snes.

i have it for the snes.. but its known as FF3 for the snes

Endymion
07-08-2005, 12:05 PM
i have it for the snes.. but its known as FF3 for the snes
i played the gook version.

Satch
07-08-2005, 12:24 PM
i played the gook version.
whats the difference?

Endymion
07-08-2005, 12:46 PM
all the words are in gookinese rather than english.

Panzerfaust92
07-08-2005, 12:50 PM
I liked that game and still do. The new ones are awesome, too.

FFX-ME
07-08-2005, 01:08 PM
The graphics are pretty lame. When I revisited it earlier this year I was shoked and apalled at that aspect.
But the storyline is superb- by far the best storyline the FF team have ever done. I think I heard somewhere that they're re-doing it in better graphics, so that should be something to look forward to.

they are making a movie sequal of it you know ff7ad, it looks great, maybe after its success they will remake it for the new generation of systems

Preecey
07-08-2005, 01:11 PM
they are making a movie sequal of it you know ff7ad, it looks great, maybe after its success they will remake it for the new generation of systems
Yeah that would be great. In fact, there are some movie bits during FF7 (like one with a train going down a corkscrew track round a column) that were actually pretty decent, maybe even ahead of it's time.

Fallen One
07-08-2005, 01:14 PM

are you sure its a sequel?..cuz after you beat ff7 it has a sequnce after it that takes place 400 years after the events of ff7... plus sephiroth is dead...

0r4ng3
07-08-2005, 03:45 PM
Final Fantasy 7 was the only one I played. I wasn't old enough to play or like any of them before, and I don't have Playstation 2. It did have an awesome storyline, but I never got past the first disk. I would start playing it again if I could find it.

JoY
07-08-2005, 03:56 PM
all the words are in gookinese rather than english.
am I the only who laughed real goddam loud at this one?

Fallen One
07-08-2005, 04:25 PM
am I the only who laughed real goddam loud at this one?

i found it to be rather humorous... hehe

nieh
07-08-2005, 06:39 PM
One of the most overrated games ever. I played through the first disc and had no desire to play through the rest. Maybe I just grew out of RPG's since I was younger, but I still prefer Chrono Trigger and FF6.

Endymion
07-08-2005, 06:47 PM
but I still prefer Chrono Trigger and FF6.

don't forget Tales of Phantasia and Star Ocean!

satitania
07-08-2005, 07:19 PM
FF3 is the best, hands down :cool:

DJMossimo!
07-08-2005, 07:30 PM
nope, not at all... ff3 was my least favorite. i think ff8 and 10 are the best

Betty
07-10-2005, 10:49 PM
I've played 1, 2, 7, 8, 9 (briefly) and 10 (briefly).

7 was definitely my favourite. Partly for storyline, but mainly for the gameplay aspect. The later ones just got TOO EASY and like, lead you along by the hand the whole time. I love materia. And some of the challenges... like the Weapons... and chocobo breeding... Also the characters.

I've played quite a bit of 1 and 2, which were both great. And I enjoyed 8.

I don't care about graphics, really, cause I'm not a boy.

Almighy_gir
07-11-2005, 12:34 AM

you need to play FF6. the main badguy is a huge fruit. and where sephiroth failed (dont get me wrong, 7 is my favorite game) Kefka actually succeeded in tearing the world apart \o/

plus, 6 is great because it has no main character really, almost all of them play an equal part.

as for the rumours of a 7 remake. Squeenix confirmed they are.... NOT making the game again. it was only a hardware demo where they remade the opening scene.

i really should get round to releasing my sephiroth model for jedi academy =/

ruroken
07-12-2005, 06:59 PM
The Legend of Dragoon is the best RPG ever made.