PDA

View Full Version : new drummer

Dexter_Noodles_Greg K_Ron
07-08-2005, 11:56 AM
i have seen the new drummer and i feel i like ron much better :d

Not that he is a bad drummer or anything i just dislike him

Does anyone know why Ron Left The Offspring?

Talman
07-08-2005, 12:00 PM

Have you been in a coma for a year?

Ron lelft to persue other interesets AKA www.steadyground.net . A jazz band that hasn't released any material yet

He didn't like being told what to play by Dexter, which was another factor for his decision.

Atom is a far livelier drummer than Ron and is generally better. When Ron lelft i thought that was it, because it wasn't the original line-up, but now i'm glad. Ron didn't want to play anymore, so now they have a more talented drummer.

Good luck to Ron and steady ground.

The-Offspring-RuLe
07-08-2005, 12:01 PM
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11739

killer_queen
07-08-2005, 12:08 PM

You have the stupidest user name I've ever seen.

07-08-2005, 12:27 PM
i dont see how my username is stupid :confused:

Shieka_keep 'em separated
07-08-2005, 12:28 PM
you cant just say he's not as good as ron, just cos he's new

Atom is actually quite good

Sardukar
07-08-2005, 12:31 PM
Atom is why more into it than ron ever was, i think he's better

sneedo
07-08-2005, 12:32 PM
Have you been in a coma for a year?

Ron lelft to persue other interesets AKA www.steadyground.net . A jazz band that hasn't released any material yet

He didn't like being told what to play by Dexter, which was another factor for his decision.

Atom is a far livelier drummer than Ron and is generally better. When Ron lelft i thought that was it, because it wasn't the original line-up, but now i'm glad. Ron didn't want to play anymore, so now they have a more talented drummer.

Good luck to Ron and steady ground.

just to be fair it's nearly been 3 years since Ron Departed.

killer_queen
07-08-2005, 12:34 PM
i dont see how my username is stupid :confused:
Oh, you're new. I'm sorry honey, I was just kidding. Welcome to the boards.

sneedo
07-08-2005, 12:37 PM
Im not kidding, your username is stupid and my guess is that you are less than 17 years old

killer_queen
07-08-2005, 12:40 PM
Im not kidding, your username is stupid and my guess is that you are less than 17 years old
So, was I but you should be kind to the new ones. He (or she whatever) must be very young, like 10-11.

Preecey
07-08-2005, 12:41 PM
Yeah, but he has a point. The guy/chick has had three years to cotton on that Ron Welty is not in the band anymore.

07-08-2005, 01:27 PM
internet nerd doesnt mean i dont know a lot about the offspring you pillock

Preecey
07-08-2005, 01:30 PM
internet nerd doesnt mean i dont know a lot about the offspring you pillock
Who, calm down. If you're new to the Offspring that's ok, I was just saying that long time fans should know by now. And I'm not a thirty year old, nor a long time fan.

07-08-2005, 01:46 PM
that ron welty hasnt been in the offspring for a while now :p

i think the old offspring stuff kicks the new stuffs ass ( i dont mind the new stuff just the old stuff is better)

i am actually 15 years of age and i have been an offspring fan for a while now ;)

Preecey
07-08-2005, 01:48 PM
Yeah, their new stuff seems really promising, and I can't wait for the new album. It's great to see new people on the boards. Welcome.

SkunkIt
07-08-2005, 02:00 PM
The search button is a very useful tool.

FFX-ME
07-08-2005, 02:03 PM
what, if you make a search are there some of their upcoming songs there

RonWelty
07-08-2005, 02:11 PM
Atom Willard fucking rulles
http://www.superfamosos.com.br/galeria_de_fotos/the_offspring_com_a_turne_splinter/atom_willard.jpg

Dead Cheerleader
07-08-2005, 02:28 PM

Yeah I figured that I would hate Atom since he isn't Ron ya know and I will always think of Ron as the drummer of the Offspring. But I saw them a couple times this week and Atom wasn't bad. It's still a bummer that Ron had to quit. I wish he would come back but I guess there are too many egos involved for that to happen.

07-08-2005, 02:50 PM
thats exactly how i feel dead cheerleader :P

im not saying atom is a bad drummer its just i loved the offspring when ron was amongst their ranks :)

Dead Cheerleader
07-08-2005, 02:53 PM
Yeah for sure. Ron was an amazing drummer. Like live for sure but his song writing abilities are superlative. He is so fucking creative and talented. I think Josh Freese did a good job on Splinter but I think it would have been better with Ron. You can tell he like wrote the drums on 'Hit That' and 'The Noose' ya know. It's just the Offspring sound.

Preecey
07-08-2005, 02:58 PM
I don't know much about Josh Freese, but the drumming on Long Way Home just left me stunned. That piece of drumming was completely, resoundingly excellent.

Dead Cheerleader
07-08-2005, 03:06 PM
Really? I think some of Josh's fills are like too long (especially on Long Way Home) for Offspring songs since Ron keeps em short and kick ass, it sounds so good. But yeah, he's definitely talented.

Preecey
07-08-2005, 03:10 PM
I really liked Ron because he was with them from the beginning, and was therefore one-quarter responsible for their success in the mid and later ninties, but I like Atom somehow. He just seems to have real passion for drumming and shows great skill at it.

grunge
07-08-2005, 03:16 PM

I agree with you. Atom isn't so suitable for Offspring. I think Ron better. He is good drummer and he is more suitable.

p.s. I know my english suck

RonWelty
07-08-2005, 03:21 PM
I agree with you. Atom isn't so suitable for Offspring. I think Ron better. He is good drummer and he is more suitable.

p.s. I know my english suck
i do not agree ...atom brought a lot more energy to the "team"

Preecey
07-08-2005, 03:23 PM
Just for the sake of having something interesting to say, the word 'offspring' comes from old English (derived from German) and it originally meant 'team'.

grunge
07-08-2005, 03:25 PM

I didn't tell that Atom is a bad drummer but he's not suitable for TheOffspring. I agree he spends more energy for the team but Ron much better for me

RonWelty
07-08-2005, 03:29 PM
Just for the sake of having something interesting to say, the word 'offspring' comes from old English (derived from German) and it originally meant 'team'.
wow ...i am a clever dude :D :P

RonWelty
07-08-2005, 03:29 PM
:rolleyes: :p
I didn't tell that Atom is a bad drummer but he's not suitable for TheOffspring. I agree he spends more energy for the team but Ron much better for me
sorry ..but i do not agree ...

RonWelty
07-08-2005, 03:30 PM
:rolleyes: :p
sorry ..but i do not agree ..."itīs life"

grunge
07-08-2005, 03:32 PM
It doesn't matter

Dead Cheerleader
07-08-2005, 03:33 PM

That's really cool.

But I think that Atom has a lot of energy outwardly but Ron's drumwork has a ton of focused energy and he's better suited for the Offspring (as someone said already).

Preecey
07-08-2005, 03:34 PM
It doesn't matter
Not really. Nothing we say on here actually matters. Atom is here to stay until he thinks otherwise. But (in my opinion) that's not such a bad thing.

asgoodasdead75
07-08-2005, 03:38 PM
ive seen the offspring live 8 times, most recently at the warped tour on piers 30-32 in San Fransisco, and i thought that atom was just as good as ron. I never really cared that much about ron, and i dont expect to care about atom either, but i did kind of notice him at the warped tour, so i guess hes better

Dead Cheerleader
07-08-2005, 03:45 PM
^ By you saying that, I assume you don't pay attention to the drums in a song and that sucks for you. It's like the driving force of the band, that and the bass. It really does matter. A shitty drummer can ruin a good band. Ron is a great songwritter, you should appreciate that.