PDA

View Full Version : Birmingham terrorist threat?

RXP
07-09-2005, 04:09 PM
Just heard it on the news, broadstreet's been evacuated and there's been a controlled explosion on a suspect bag.

darko
07-09-2005, 04:27 PM
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/050709/325/fn0oi.html

why Birmingham?

Little_Miss_1565
07-09-2005, 04:38 PM
Just heard it on the news. wtf?

The-Offspring-RuLe
07-09-2005, 04:52 PM
Not again, looks like they are going after the major cities...this is bad

Camilamazed
07-09-2005, 05:24 PM
I heard that too.

I don't know about you,I also have heard that they are preparing some other attacks on countries who support Bush.

Is that true? Do you believe it is possible?

The-Offspring-RuLe
07-09-2005, 05:26 PM
I heard that too.

I don't know about you,I also have heard that they are preparing some other attacks on countries who support Bush.

Is that true? Do you believe it is possible?

I heard they are going to bomb Italy, Hungary, and places like that...terrifying things going on in this world :(

Camilamazed
07-09-2005, 05:27 PM
I heard they are going to bomb Italy, Hungary, and places like that...terrifying things going on in this world :(

I feel very sorry about those who live now terrified by that. :(

Green_Day
07-09-2005, 05:28 PM
III WW?

Mota Boy
07-09-2005, 05:54 PM
Sounds like a prank. The "bombers" gave a warning beforehand, so it sounds like they're trying to scare people rather than injure them. That ain't exactly the militant Islamic M.O.

Bombings usually occur after months of careful planning, and with the heightened security, terrorist groups would likely lay low for a bit, not wanting to risk having their killings go awry.

Rabbit209
07-09-2005, 05:57 PM
I'm glad that I live in the middle of fuck knows where USA.

Noodles is gay
07-09-2005, 06:42 PM
^ The bombings come in twos - I was reading this in the Times just now; apparently they tried to blow up another train a couple of months after the original one in Spain but it failed. I think there was something about it happening in the US too, but anyway, tis still far too soon for them to be going after Birmingham.

why Birmingham?

Tis Britain's second largest city (and 30 mins away fom me!)

TheUnholyNightbringer
07-09-2005, 07:57 PM
It has to be a fake scare. I went to Birmingham on the day of the London bombings - was far, far emptier than usual. But I doubt they're going to bomb Birmingham - as I said in another thread, London's far more of a symbol. Plus, at the moment, the story is "Terrorists bomb capital of England". If they were to bomb Birmingham too, it'd be "Terrorists bomb capital of England [and second largest too]." Slightly diluted.

njs
07-10-2005, 03:35 AM
Around where i am (Bradford) we all thought it was safe (we have nearenough all races here) as we didnt think they would bomb their own, but now it is really becomeing unstable, if they have done Birmingham (which i thought was the same idea as Bradford) then who knows where they will go for next!
A few people i know, think that London was down to some French Rebels, as not getting the olympics!
I dont think they will ever catch the ring leaders of all this, as they will be in hiding all the time, and the bombers would rather die then give in! If they get caught, or close to being caught they will just kill them selves. If were not careful, we will be slaves to them, as the whole world will cower under their power and what they can do!

Just my ideas of it all, and my god it is scary!

RXP
07-10-2005, 04:12 AM
You do realise London is multicultural?

Paint_It_Black
07-10-2005, 08:52 AM
Until yesterday I still thought you lived in London. Today this. Fear me RXP, fear me.

Paint_It_Black
07-10-2005, 08:57 AM
Seriously though, I thought of you as soon as I heard it on the news. Glad it turned out ok.

darko
07-10-2005, 09:00 AM
Ahhh, I thod that was Manchester.....Didnt think they would bomb another city so soon after London,

Paint_It_Black
07-10-2005, 09:01 AM
Those are hoaxes I can't believe you believe it.

Maria

WTF are you blabbering about? Of course people took it seriously at first.

Paint_It_Black
07-10-2005, 09:06 AM
I also agree that we won't see another attack for some time...still, better safe than sorry.

Imagine what would happen if there was another serious attack and they hadn't been on high alert. People would go crazy, saying "look what just happened in London and you didn't even go on high alert and now this happened". They can't risk that kind of criticism if nothing else.

Paint_It_Black
07-10-2005, 09:09 AM
You're right, that is unnecessary. Who'd bother to attack France?

RXP
07-10-2005, 09:12 AM
Seriously though, I thought of you as soon as I heard it on the news. Glad it turned out ok.

Awwww!

Well I'm at home right now in London anyway.

Paint_It_Black
07-10-2005, 09:12 AM
All right then. If you don't think it's a valid point then answer the question.

Paint_It_Black
07-10-2005, 09:14 AM
And why would they attack France?

Paint_It_Black
07-10-2005, 09:18 AM
Just admit it. France isn't interesting enough for anyone to hate them. The best they can manage is a mild dislike from the British. France hasn't been important to the world since the Germans left.

Paint_It_Black
07-10-2005, 09:20 AM
France is a potential threat no matter what you think.

Maria

To WHO? Your entire country grinds to a halt every time your truck drivers get pissed off.

Paint_It_Black
07-10-2005, 09:25 AM
Culturally we're far above them.

Maria

Explain that to me. How are you defining culture? I can't think of any French bands. I bet you can think of many British ones. I can't think of any French novelists. I bet you can think of many British ones. I can't think of any French films...see my point? Oh, you can argue that your culture is better if you like, but I can't debate it. Because no one outside of France knows about it. There's a reason why you all learn English, but few of us learn French. And it's not totally because we're lazy and arrogant.

Paint_It_Black
07-10-2005, 09:27 AM
Hackneyed clichés. Why do so many Britons come to France to work & rest? Hmm?

Maria

To feel superiour to everyone around them? Might as well ask why so many Canadians live in the US.

RXP
07-10-2005, 09:28 AM
Cause that's where most of the NHL teams are.

Paint_It_Black
07-10-2005, 09:32 AM
If it were not for the US you'd be grovelling to us, you poodles!

Maria

You're going to need to actually supply an argument for that one. If it wasn't for us you'd be speaking German, and it wouldn't really bother us, because you'd still learn English too.

The reason you're not interested in other culture is because you already have enough difficulty comint to terms with your 'own'!

We're interested in other culture. Just not yours. If yours is so great why are you here? Last time I checked it wasn't Le Offspring.

Paint_It_Black
07-10-2005, 09:35 AM
You moron... don't you read the papers? Oh you make me sick with disgust... didn't know you Brits were so snotty.

Maria

No, actually I don't read newspapers. I read all my news on the internet. It's easier to find the articles that interest me.

How could you not know we are snotty? We're famous for it. Just like you smell and don't shave. Bloody common knowledge that.

SkyRocker
07-10-2005, 09:37 AM
Just like you smell and don't shave.
So much things like that for you too. Don't have the time to tell them all...

Paint_It_Black
07-10-2005, 09:38 AM
And you wear onions around your neck, berets and stripey sweaters. And you don't know when someone is simply fucking with you. ;)

Paint_It_Black
07-10-2005, 09:41 AM
So much things like that for you too. Don't have the time to tell them all...

Go away and don't talk to me again until you have learned my language better. Because I certainly won't be learning yours.

darko
07-10-2005, 09:43 AM
Bec Brummy is unbearable.

Maria

HEY dont bring me into this....

SkyRocker
07-10-2005, 09:43 AM
Go away and don't talk to me again until you have learned my language better. Because I certainly won't be learning yours.
You only make me laugh, guy. Get older and do the same. This is a public forum so ignore me if you want, i don't care

Paint_It_Black
07-10-2005, 09:46 AM
As an alternative, you can learn to fuck yourself up the ass.

Maria

I tried but my penis is not quite long enough.

darko
07-10-2005, 09:46 AM
cus i dont want to be part of your petty argument

Paint_It_Black
07-10-2005, 09:58 AM
Ewww, gross. I don't do that. I'm not French, remember?

darko
07-10-2005, 10:21 AM
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/050710/325/fn1ju.html

three arrest already but cant link them to the london bombing though they do think the bombers may still be in the country

njs
07-10-2005, 10:26 AM
You do realise London is multicultural?

Yeah i do, but also with it being the capitol, i guess we were looking for some security!! But hey noone is safe!

Chris
07-10-2005, 12:08 PM
I am, I live in a small town on the coast...

njs
07-10-2005, 03:22 PM
dont be too sure mate, i been to portsmouth a few years ago (when they opened the new asda) and they were fucking killing eachother then!!!
atleast you can run and find cover there though!