PDA

View Full Version : Demos that are better than the album version.

bd007h
07-09-2005, 08:14 PM
In my opinion, the demo for Living In Chaos is better than album version. Why did Dexter cut out the part:

"I won't believe it, I won't back down. Til the rays come. Don't believe them. Never back down, til you you see them. til you see.... go!"

that is the best part of the song!

Manic subsidal
07-09-2005, 08:38 PM
Because Dexter thought it sounded too similar to that one part in Defy you.

Yeah I'll sound like a lil' penis muncher but I'll say it anyways - What about can't repeat and tkaa Dexter? Those 2 songs sound WAY more similar than Defy you and Living in chaos demo does. If you're worried about your songs sounding the same, how come you didn't change can't repeat?

Tired_Of_You
07-09-2005, 08:40 PM
Some people advanced the theory that it sounded too much like Defy You.

Seems like I'm late...

bd007h
07-09-2005, 08:46 PM
Ok, but Defy You came out in 2002, and Living In Chaos came out in 2000, and the demo was probably recorded in 1999.

Danno
07-09-2005, 11:19 PM
I've always loved the rough Out on Patrol Demo with the guitar intro.

-Danno

Faded Soul
07-09-2005, 11:32 PM
Ok, but Defy You came out in 2002, and Living In Chaos came out in 2000, and the demo was probably recorded in 1999.

that doesn't mean Defy You wasn't written before or around the same time Living in Chaos was written.

bd007h
07-09-2005, 11:35 PM
I've always loved the rough Out on Patrol Demo with the guitar intro.

-Danno

I'm listening to it for the first time, and that guitar is kick ass.

Talman
07-10-2005, 12:43 AM
Because Dexter thought it sounded too similar to that one part in Defy you.

Yeah I'll sound like a lil' penis muncher but I'll say it anyways - What about can't repeat and tkaa Dexter? Those 2 songs sound WAY more similar than Defy you and Living in chaos demo does. If you're worried about your songs sounding the same, how come you didn't change can't repeat?

That's bullshit. Can't repeat sounds nothing like TKAA. Why anyone thinks that i've got no idea.

Jojan
07-10-2005, 05:29 AM
I would say all. I like how the band sounds in a demo. Not 100% perfect, if you know what I mean.

FFX-ME
07-10-2005, 06:19 AM
exactly the reason why i prefer the cd version. its so perfect. then you hear it live and unlike other bands they sound almost the same wich makes you feal good

Manic subsidal
07-10-2005, 09:17 AM
That's bullshit. Can't repeat sounds nothing like TKAA. Why anyone thinks that i've got no idea.

Even the freaking new can't repeat video is like TKAA's video now. Maybe they did want the song to be similar to TKAA? Or at least the chorus and the whoa's :P

Out on Patrol is 10x better with that little solo on the beginning. WHY DID THEY TAKE IT OFF??? Oh well, tis still a great song (like what offspring songs aren't?)

Camilamazed
07-10-2005, 01:41 PM
In my opinion, the demo for Living In Chaos is better than album version. Why did Dexter cut out the part:

"I won't believe it, I won't back down. Til the rays come. Don't believe them. Never back down, til you you see them. til you see.... go!"

that is the best part of the song!

I very much agree.

All the Alanis' demo stuff are way better then the original ones. I'm a person who really tends to like demo versions.

platinumpt
07-10-2005, 04:17 PM
Those are two very different songs, but, the first time I've heard, I felt some similarities between them, and maybe this is the reason:

There are 4 main chords in the chorus of both songs... I'd just like to tell you that the first and the last one that open and close the chorus are exactly the same in both songs... so maybe that's why Can't Repeat remembered me TKAA. But I don't give a fuck about that, Can't Repeat kicks fucking ass!!!!!!!