PDA

View Full Version : The Offspring Band - Memorable phrases ;)

Bad Habit
07-10-2005, 08:40 AM
Ok, i love the one noodles said: I'm not rich. If I was I would have already died from an overdose.

Post your favourite phrases someone in the band said.

bhg_rulz2
07-10-2005, 08:42 AM
greg k.

"Throw me hats please!" :)

Bad Habit
07-10-2005, 08:44 AM
greg k.

"Throw me hats please!" :)
heehhhehee

Punk_Conspiracy
07-10-2005, 09:14 AM
This thread has been done.

Go search - "Offspring quotes - your favourite"

Dexter_H
07-10-2005, 09:20 AM

That always kills the thread.

darko
07-10-2005, 09:25 AM
gotta love noodles

"Realise your Cannibalistic nature! Start with the house of Lords"
or
"Dress up as the Queen and be seen preforming fellatio on all the local constabulary"

Tired_Of_You
07-10-2005, 09:52 AM
greg k.

"Throw me hats please!" :)and then Noodles said "Throw shit at Greg on stage".

Manic subsidal
07-10-2005, 10:11 AM
"me and my daughter both love sum 41, but for different reasons. She admires their song craft and talent while I just think they're awesome and totally cute!" -noodles

Telekinesis
07-10-2005, 03:57 PM
"Where's my barricade, goddamnit, I want my barricade"- Dexter

RonWelty
07-10-2005, 04:35 PM
"Dexter , i got 2 words for u : SUPER-BOCk" Noodles at Lisbon┤s 2004 show

Super-bock - a beer brand

Hysteria
07-10-2005, 04:39 PM
"I'm just posting here so Hysteria has to change his name to Idiot". - Noodles, 2004.

:cool:

platinumpt
07-10-2005, 04:43 PM
What about:

Dexter: "I want someone to get up here and spank my ass!" (Glastonbury...1995)

Oh and Ron, I don't remember that Noodles phrase in the 2004 Lisbon concert lol, but maybe you're right, I dunno :)

Tired_Of_You
07-10-2005, 04:49 PM
"I'm just posting here so Hysteria has to change his name to Idiot". - Noodles, 2004.

:cool:You're proud of that, uh? ;)

Rabbit209
07-10-2005, 04:49 PM

Nothing came up.

neocon58
07-10-2005, 05:12 PM
"Where's my barricade, goddamnit, I want my barricade"- Dexter

1. Jesus christ, your back *cries*
2. I thought he said 'Wheres my beer keg'????/

offspring_freak_3
07-10-2005, 05:40 PM
"But you know, i was nervous to something I got to call you guys attention here, for just a second, I know is a lot of a girl come over with the top here crow something, and I think it really grouse, you know what I mean? And I think, just a girl wants go crowting or whatever ,it does give a guy the right to a lesson, you know what i┤m saying? So if a guy see a girl passing over head give a break alright, you know what i┤m saying? And if a girl and see a guy passing over head I want you grebing his fucking balls!!!" DEXTER IN WOODSTOCK 99.
something like that, i dont remember.

Tired_Of_You
07-10-2005, 05:50 PM
"But you know what I noticed something I got to call you guys attention to here, for just a second. I don't know if you've seen, but there's a lot of a girl come over the top here crowd surfing, and they're getting really (?), you know what I mean? I think, just 'cause a girl wants to go crowd surfing whenever, that doesn't give the guys the right to molest them, you know what I'm saying? So if you're guy and you see a girl passing over head give a break alright, you know what I'm saying? And if you're girl and you see a guy passing over head I want you to grab his fucking balls!.I made some corrections, although it might not be perfect. It makes more sense now.

RonWelty
07-10-2005, 05:55 PM
for sure , i am right !

neocon58
07-10-2005, 06:00 PM
"If I guy comes over head, I want you to grab his fuckin' balls!" - Dexter, woodstock 99.

Rabbit209
07-10-2005, 06:10 PM
The really ? part should be really gross.

Hysteria
07-10-2005, 07:08 PM
You're proud of that, uh? ;)

Of course. :p

offspring_freak_3
07-10-2005, 07:20 PM
I made some corrections, although it might not be perfect. It makes more sense now.

THANKS MAN! I┤M BRAZILIAN, MY ENGLISH IS BAD. :D

Tired_Of_You
07-10-2005, 07:44 PM
No problem, but it would be more accurate if you'd call me dudette or something like that. =P

Telekinesis
07-10-2005, 09:18 PM

Yes I am back, I went on holiday for awhile but now I'm back, also it's barricade coz after that he says "Somebody call security" or something t=like that so yeah

offspring_freak_3
07-10-2005, 09:22 PM
No problem, but it would be more accurate if you'd call me dudette or something like that. =P

thanks dudette!! :D

Offspring-Fanatic
07-10-2005, 09:32 PM
i dont remember very many, but this is one i remember from the DualDisc

"Its kinda incongress" "hmm...incongress thats a good word," "thanks... i got it from a bad religion song"

or

"my parents still live there" "yeah and your parents are tough..." "my dads on crack...and my moms pregnant again!"

i love those

leo3375
07-10-2005, 09:33 PM
Yes I am back, I went on holiday for awhile but now I'm back, also it's barricade coz after that he says "Somebody call security" or something t=like that so yeah

The entire quote is:

"Fuck! You guys are animals! Where's my barricade? Goddammit, I want my barricade! Where's security? Fuck this shit!"

My favorite quote:

"Alcohol abuse!" ŚNoodles whenever someone spills any alcoholic drink.

Offspring-Fanatic
07-10-2005, 09:34 PM
My favorite quote:

"Alcohol abuse!" ŚNoodles whenever someone spills any alcoholic drink.

lol thats great

tkum
07-10-2005, 10:20 PM
when noodles said "well our drummers got two broken legs and a fucked up head and we're still here" that was paying out blink 182, it was pretty good he ripped on them a few times that night

bd007h
07-11-2005, 12:01 AM
quote from the Punk Esteem live Bootleg (which I uploaded all the mp3s for and put the link in my signature.

Dexter: "Our drummer has diahrea (sp?). He had to just go to the bathroom. He'll be back in a second, ok? You should go in and barge in on him. He real... he really went in there, isn't he?... Fitz, could you get more vocals in the monitors please?..... Did Ron have to go poop? He really had to go poop. No, I think it was poop. Ron's poop smells really bad, too. You guys aren't gonna wanna go in the bathroom now. DO NOT GO IN THERE!!!"
Person in the audience: "ON WITH THE SHOW!"
Dexter: "Alright, he's back"
Ron starts drumming the intro to Gotta Get Away.

offspring_freak_3
07-11-2005, 12:14 AM
quote from the Punk Esteem live Bootleg (which I uploaded all the mp3s for and put the link in my signature.

Dexter: "Our drummer has diahrea (sp?). He had to just go to the bathroom. He'll be back in a second, ok? You should go in an barge in on him. He real.. he really went in there, isn't he?... Fitz, could you get more vocals in the monitors please?..... Did Ron have to go poop? He really had to go poop. No, I think it was poop. Ron's poop smells really bad, too. You guys aren't gonna wanna go in the bathroom now. DO NOT GO IN THERE!!!"
Person in the audience: "ON WITH THE SHOW!"
Dexter: "Alright, he's back"
Ron starts drumming the intro to Gotta Get Away.

hahaha that was really funny! :p I laugh so much when I listened to this! :D
poor ron,must have shame abou this. :D

Hypodermic_89
07-11-2005, 01:30 AM
"Fuck! I can't remember the words anymore!" - Dexter, LAPD @ Huntington Beach

gortesque
07-11-2005, 01:46 AM
a cigarette never killed anybody - noodles

RonWelty
07-11-2005, 02:09 AM
Greg k . in all concerts to the crowd " ........ " (SILENCE)

LOL

Dead Cheerleader
07-11-2005, 02:55 AM

Dude! That's what I thought he said for like 4 years but then my brother was like quoting that line one day and I was like, 'WHAT? I didn't know he said that, I thought he said beer keg.' And he was like, 'you're an idiot.' Cool man, I'm not alone. Ha.

killer_queen
07-11-2005, 04:12 AM

:cool:
He really said that?

RonWelty
07-11-2005, 04:29 AM
He really said that?
yeah .. in the old boards

Johny_the_wierdo
07-11-2005, 05:31 AM
noodles reading the cool to hate "poem" on huck it :P

and from when they played in bercy 2001 (wasnt there myself, but you can download it from the polish site)

dexter: is everyone having a good time? yeah, fuck yeah, we're having a good time! i wanna take a minute and introduce you to our lead guitar player, his name is noodles.
noodles: WHAT THE FUCKS UP?!?!
dexter: noodles is not just another lead guitar player, noodles is what we call a motherfucking lead guitar player, he plays motherfucking leads, man. i'd like to hear noodles play a lead right now, would you guys like to hear new stuff? alright noodles, play a lead for them.
(noodles plays a really crappy lead :P )
dexter: no, nonono, thats not what i'm talking about! come on man, your better than that. you've got better than that.
noodles: that's all i've got man, it's all i've got
dexter: alright, a little crowd participation here. on the count of 3, i want you all to yell "noodles" ok? and he'll do a lead for ya. 1, 2, 3! (crowd shouts)
(noodles starts tapping on his guitar, then starts playing)

you gotta listen to that man! it's in the end of gotta get away. download it!!!

killer_queen
07-11-2005, 06:12 AM
From where?

StayInTheHouseCarl
07-11-2005, 07:22 AM
The really ? part should be really gross.
it actually should be "groped"

Hysteria
07-11-2005, 07:58 AM
"totally stoked about it" - Dexter, Noodles

Just find it amusing as they both seemed to say it a lot when talking about Splinter and GH.

dain84
07-11-2005, 08:37 AM

"Its kinda incongress" "hmm...incongress thats a good word," "thanks... i got it from a bad religion song"

or

"my parents still live there" "yeah and your parents are tough..." "my dads on crack...and my moms pregnant again!"

i love those
Actually, it's "your parents are fucked up". It's censored.

RonWelty
07-11-2005, 10:26 AM
"are you guys proud of yourself" something like that in WOODSTOCK 99 :D

Bacterium
07-11-2005, 01:04 PM
The entire quote is:

"Fuck! You guys are animals! Where's my barricade? Goddammit, I want my barricade! Where's security? Fuck this shit!"

i've heard that before.. when is it he's saying that??

Noodles is gay
07-11-2005, 01:10 PM

.....you mean incongruous? Meaning incompatible with/inappropriate.

CommonRider
07-11-2005, 01:12 PM
on the old board I posted:

Me: "Benji from good charlotte copied your hair from the Meaning of Life video"
Noddles: "What!? thats it! Whats the name of their new album gonna be? thats the rule, you steal our hair we steal your album title"

*referring to dexter stealing Chinese Democracy because Axl "copied" his dreds hahaha I love those guys...

platinumpt
07-11-2005, 01:18 PM
i've heard that before.. when is it he's saying that??
LAPD video clip live, at huntington beach, or something like that, (I don't know) in the Huck It DVD

Bacterium
07-11-2005, 01:25 PM
LAPD video clip live, at huntington beach, or something like that, (I don't know) in the Huck It DVD

thanks..! :)

platinumpt
07-11-2005, 01:28 PM
thanks..! :)
No problem dude, you're welcome :)

Dead Cheerleader
07-11-2005, 04:18 PM

Aw Noodles is gay, I love you so much.

bd007h
07-12-2005, 12:01 AM
on the old board I posted:

Me: "Benji from good charlotte copied your hair from the Meaning of Life video"
Noddles: "What!? thats it! Whats the name of their new album gonna be? thats the rule, you steal our hair we steal your album title"

*referring to dexter stealing Chinese Democracy because Axl "copied" his dreds hahaha I love those guys...

haha. Noodles is one funny guy.

Johny_the_wierdo
07-12-2005, 08:04 AM
yeah, noodles is the man! so funny :P

Pranksta
07-12-2005, 09:49 AM
From muchmusic intimate & interactive in 2000:

caller:"What's your favourite thing to do when you're not on the road?"
Noodles:"Have sex!!!"

notoriousdoc
07-12-2005, 10:05 AM
I laughed when I heard this on the Greatest hits DVD

*When talking about all the bands on Epitaph making a song that sounds like Bad religion one*
Dexter:"I can remember, what's his name? Oh yeah, Brett (Gurewitz)"
*Noodles and Dexter laugh*...

Offspring-Fanatic
07-12-2005, 12:37 PM

i dont know, i guess i kinda thought in- and american "congress"

lol shows how stupid i am..

and i didnt know that was edited lol

neocon58
07-13-2005, 05:16 PM
"But you know, I was nervous, theres something I got to call you guys attention here, for just a second, I've been noticing that theres a lot of girls coming over to the top here, crowd surfing, and they're getting really groped, you know what I mean?
Now I think just cause a girl wants go crowdsurfing or whatever, it dosen't give the guys the right to molest them, you know what I'm saying?

So if your a guy and you see a girl passing over head, giver her a break, alright, you know what I'm saying? And if your a girl and see a guy passing overhead I want you grab his fucking balls!!!" DEXTER IN WOODSTOCK 99.

I corrected it for you, its perfect now. I'm not going to highlight the parts that were wrong, because most of yours was wrong. :D

Put that in your signature. It looks kind of retarded when you have words missing from a quote, like in yours. :)

Dead Cheerleader
07-13-2005, 05:29 PM
From muchmusic intimate & interactive in 2000:

caller:"What's your favourite thing to do when you're not on the road?"
Noodles:"Have sex!!!"

Dude! There are so many funny quotes from that show! That's not even the funny part about that call.

caller: "What do you guys like to do when you're not playing in the band?"
Noodles: "Well, sex.......right?"
caller: "What are you a janitor?"
Noodles: "Well I didn't have sex while I was a janitor. Who has sex with a janitor?"
Dexter: "Well someone has to."
Noodles: "Well nobody was having any sex with THIS janitor."

I swear to god that is how the converstaion went. Straight from the sex comment to "are you a janitor or.." I think that is fucking hilarious.

My brother and my favorite part.

vintagepunkrock7
07-13-2005, 11:35 PM
Noodles: "Well I didn't have sex while I was a janitor. Who has sex with a janitor?"

that was pretty funny, i also really like the crowd surfing one from woodstock. i'd post one but all my favorites are pretty much here already!

Hypodermic_89
07-14-2005, 04:49 AM
"So i grow like a gallon of this stuff, this gunk, and I pour it in these two flasks cause it wouldn't fit in one. Cause I had to puor like a 100 petridishes, I wanna have enough to last me all week."

haha i guess you have to hear it to understand why it's funny :P

Dead Cheerleader
07-14-2005, 05:50 AM
"So i grow like a gallon of this stuff, this gunk, and I pour it in these two flasks cause it wouldn't fit in one. Cause I had to puor like a 100 petridishes, I wanna have enough to last me all week."

haha i guess you have to hear it to understand why it's funny :P

As a scientist, I totally understand how that is hilarious. But at the same time I don't get it, don't know what he was working with. Ah, the anguish of lab work. I'd really like to talk to Dexter about his research. I've heard he is actually a real genius.

Venom Symbiote
07-14-2005, 06:19 AM
What sort of science do you practice, DC? And what sort of job is it, like assistant, researcher, etc?

Sounds cool, though. :)

Yeah, I love that quote, though. Anyone have any more context on it, what he was talking about while saying it, was it a print thing, radio, or what? Pretty rad, though.

And yeah, Dexter IS one smart mofo. Speaking of which, I still need to buy Greg Graffin's thesis... :( Shipping costs are a bitch, as is having no credit card so having to use your parent's...

Dead Cheerleader
07-14-2005, 06:46 AM
What sort of science do you practice, DC? And what sort of job is it, like assistant, researcher, etc?

Sounds cool, though. :)

Yeah, I love that quote, though. Anyone have any more context on it, what he was talking about while saying it, was it a print thing, radio, or what? Pretty rad, though.

And yeah, Dexter IS one smart mofo. Speaking of which, I still need to buy Greg Graffin's thesis... :( Shipping costs are a bitch, as is having no credit card so having to use your parent's...

Have you heard the Loveline where Greg Graffin is talking about Dexter? He calls him "one smart m f-er." I think that is sort of funny and goes along with what you said. Yes he definitely is.

So I am an immunologist/virologist and I work in a neuroscience lab doing research, like a researcher, no assistant bullshit. I work with the serotonin transporter. Investigating the interaction between SERT and the protein Syntaxin 1A, including the effects of this interaction in the presence of drugs such as MDMA. Also I am looking at the exact physical mechanism of transport and its regulation. In my other lab I developed a candidate vaccine for the West Nile Virus using proteins obtained from cloning and expressing the evelope and capsid genes of WNV. I'm also interested in gene therapy approaches to treating HIV, which will probably be my work some day.

Autonomist
07-14-2005, 08:54 AM

haha fuck, sounds like something outta Seinfeld!