PDA

View Full Version : Head medicine argue

Preocupado
07-10-2005, 06:12 PM
Do you take any shrink medicine? If so, do you think you'll ever get rid of it in a helathy way, as in not having any need for that anymore? And do you take it with a professional's orientation or do you self-medicate?

I take 50g of sertraline daily with the indication of a Yung oriented psychologist. I've been taking this medicine for about 10 monsths now and i sure want to drop it as soon as possible, but i wont do it without my psychologist's orientation.

How about you?

Camilamazed
07-10-2005, 06:14 PM
Thank Goodness I've never needed to take medicines for so long. I only take medicines when I have sore throats or that pain only women use to have, if you know what I mean hehe.

Aimeht
07-10-2005, 06:19 PM
I have been taking different medicines and sedatives for years now, against my panic attacks cause I was seized with dread and worry, and I got my sleeping pills.

Camilamazed
07-10-2005, 06:23 PM
Panic attacks are something really terrible to deal with. I remember long time ago when a friend of mine was robbed next to me. I kind spent over than 6 months afraid of walking around , specially taking buses.maybe If i had taken medicines I wouldn't have wasted so much time feeling like that.

Preocupado
07-10-2005, 06:28 PM
Thank Goodness I've never needed to take medicines for so long. I only take medicines when I have sore throats or that pain only women use to have, if you know what I mean hehe.

You sure do and i envy you for that :)

Aimeth, do you focus on droppind those someday?

Aimeht
07-10-2005, 06:28 PM
Panic attacks are something really terrible to deal with. I remember long time ago when a friend of mine was robbed next to me. I kind spent over than 6 months afraid of walking around , specially taking buses.maybe If i had taken medicines I wouldn't have wasted so much time feeling like that.

Medicines doesn't take it away. It's the way you think, you have to change your thinking. And that is not easy.

Aimeht
07-10-2005, 06:30 PM
Aimeth, do you focus on droppind those someday?

I did, for a while I didn't use any medicines at all. And it was ok. But then it came back and I had to take it again. Of course I hope to be able to work without them someday.

Camilamazed
07-10-2005, 06:47 PM
Medicines doesn't take it away. It's the way you think, you have to change your thinking. And that is not easy.

I thought medicines would help....

Preocupado
07-10-2005, 06:52 PM
I thought medicines would help....

They work momentanially, as in lowering symphtoms while you work throught the word.
As an example, you can't expect someone whos having an abstinence crisis to sit and talk about his feelings and thoughts with you in a very productive way.