PDA

View Full Version : Grudge on Americans

Drummerguy123
07-10-2005, 11:50 PM
I was wondering why the rest of the world hates us so much. I've heard people say we think we are better than everyone else, but I have never heard an American ever say that. We are quite aware that we are not the greatest nation on Earth, so why do people criticize us for believing we are? Any America-hating people out there wanna tell me if they have EVER heard an American say that they are better than you?

JoY
07-10-2005, 11:53 PM
I think this is an interesting topic. Much like the abortion topic.

Speaking of which, it's time for breakfast.

Endymion
07-11-2005, 12:36 AM
it's a common misconception that the actions of a government are the will of the people. our government acts like it knows what's best for the world.

that's about it.

Rabbit209
07-11-2005, 01:11 AM
I hate American's that think it's cool to act anti-American. I mean it's one thing to hate the government, as I do, but I don't go around saying "I hate america everyone here is just an idiot and I'm punk and I hate living here I only live here because I have to"

Oh yeah, I was talking about Green Day fans.

Sin Studly
07-11-2005, 02:39 AM
You don't have to outright say you think you're better than us, it shows when you patronise us and talk down to us like we don't understand what skyscrapers and electricy and cocaine are. (In my personal experience, this applies only to Californians. All Californians.)

Green_Day
07-11-2005, 03:39 AM
I hate American's that think it's cool to act anti-American. I mean it's one thing to hate the government, as I do, but I don't go around saying "I hate america everyone here is just an idiot and I'm punk and I hate living here I only live here because I have to"

Oh yeah, I was talking about Green Day fans.

ha
i don't hate americans, i hate their government... i'm from spain but their decisions affect me too.
by the way, green day is not the only punk group that hates america... anti flag, nofx, ... remember rock against bush?

TheUnholyNightbringer
07-11-2005, 06:28 AM
Most Americans I've known are decent, funny, humble, easy-going people. I don't have a grudge against America at all.

Endymion
07-11-2005, 08:40 AM
(In my personal experience, this applies only to Californians. All Californians.)

tell me again about the first time you saw a horseless carriage

notoriousdoc
07-11-2005, 09:45 AM
I shat myself when I first saw one o' they missus

Norwegian Cat
07-11-2005, 01:08 PM
I was wondering why the rest of the world hates us so much. I've heard people say we think we are better than everyone else, but I have never heard an American ever say that. We are quite aware that we are not the greatest nation on Earth, so why do people criticize us for believing we are? Any America-hating people out there wanna tell me if they have EVER heard an American say that they are better than you?

Everyone, or at least I, hate the american goverment; not the people. It's Bush who's always saying the U.S. are the best and all that. It really is true that the U.S. is the most powerful nation on Earth, both economically and military. But I think that when a nation is so strong, it shouldn't say it's the best, but it should say it's the worst. Patriotism = Nationalism = Fascism or Communism. I have many american friends, and they're really great guys that are responsible and very kind. It's the (actual) goverment that is ruining the U.S.' image.

Jack the Tripper
07-11-2005, 01:39 PM
People only hate americans because they're jealous of us. I don't feel sorry for them, they can just move here like most of the other people from other nations.

Little_Miss_1565
07-11-2005, 01:56 PM
People only hate americans because they're jealous of us. I don't feel sorry for them, they can just move here like most of the other people from other nations.

Did you read the above posts? It's not hating Americans, it's hating American policy. Some people have trouble differentiating between the two.

The-Offspring-RuLe
07-11-2005, 03:27 PM
I have no grudge against anything American

Preocupado
07-11-2005, 03:42 PM
Your international situation in politics places you in a posittion of making the most of the choices and that's enough for harming the freedom of other nations.
This single fact gets many subjective meanings that vary among other cultures when confronted with the american way of life - wich is as good or bad or as right or wrong as any other culture in the whole world.

Whenever i see some poor country living peacefully with the United States, it seems to me that the poor country is being overwhelmed throught the culture first.

Jack the Tripper
07-11-2005, 05:28 PM
Did you read the above posts? It's not hating Americans, it's hating American policy. Some people have trouble differentiating between the two.
I didn't acually read this thread until after I posted that.

0r4ng3
07-11-2005, 05:31 PM
Most people outside of America (the ones that hate us, anyway) only judge our government, because they think that it represents all of America's ideals and opinions. Obviously, this isn't true, because so many people are protesting. The government really only represents about 1 or 2% of how Americans feel about the outside world, though they think that it's much more.

freek
07-11-2005, 05:59 PM
Actually, there are a bunch of idiots here in America that would say that they think america is better than the rest of the world and at the same time they think the rest of the world loves us

They also think that the way they live is the only way to live

0r4ng3
07-11-2005, 06:03 PM
Actually, there are a bunch of idiots here in America that would say that they think america is better than the rest of the world and at the same time they think the rest of the world loves us

They also think that the way they live is the only way to live
Well, they're all idiots, like you said.

freek
07-11-2005, 06:07 PM
Well, they're all idiots, like you said.

I know, and i have to live surrounded by a bunch of them

it sucks

0r4ng3
07-11-2005, 06:12 PM
I know, and i have to live surrounded by a bunch of them

it sucks
Really? What state?

freek
07-11-2005, 06:14 PM
Florida

filled with old people and amusement parks

Rabbit209
07-11-2005, 07:55 PM
ha
i don't hate americans, i hate their government... i'm from spain but their decisions affect me too.
by the way, green day is not the only punk group that hates america... anti flag, nofx, ... remember rock against bush?

I know there not the only ones who 'hate america' but their the only ones who are going out making cds called American Idiot. They basically think there cool because they act like they hate America, they're rebels all right.

Oh yean, I hate Green Day.

Rabbit209
07-11-2005, 07:56 PM
Florida

filled with old people and amusement parks

Hey that's not true, you forgot about the Cubans.

mcgheheygirl_15
07-11-2005, 08:12 PM
My history teacher said when he went to Germany, alot of the German people hated him because he was American. He said they called him "Bush child." It sucks that some people (not all) can't look past the president and the government and see people for who they really are. There are so many people here in America that hate Bush and think he's the dumbest piece of shit on Earth. Oh well, we can't please everyone.

Panzerfaust92
07-11-2005, 09:50 PM
I know there not the only ones who 'hate america' but their the only ones who are going out making cds called American Idiot.
Oh yean, I hate Green Day.
American Idiot is a song about not being guided by the media and being able to form your own opinions. It's not an American-hating song.

Drummerguy123
07-11-2005, 10:04 PM
Do you live in a hippie commun? I can't talk to three people about this country without atleast one of them delivering a 'we're the greatest on Earth' speech. Could be just because I'm southern. And frankly I haven't seen any evidence to disprove that this nation isn't better than every other one I've never visited.

Well, Bush is good evidence. Where do YOU live? I have never heard a fairly intelligent man ever say that we are better than the rest of the world. All I ever hear is we have the most technologically advanced military in the world, which I do believe is true because to be honest, America has a lot of money that we like to spend on our toys instead of actually HELPING someone. We also use up more resources than any other country in the world (because of the stupid gas-guzzling SUV's) and we have more stuff than any other country. But don't get me wrong, I love America. I wouldn't wan't to live anywhere else (except maybe England for a year or so) because I love every bit of our beautiful nation, even though we sometimes get a little off track...

Mota___Boy
07-12-2005, 06:11 AM
You're the most powerful nation on earth. People hate success.

My boss is the best i've ever had and he's american. Just cos you're a huge country there are more assholes/wierdos there than anywhere else.

Sin Studly
07-12-2005, 06:48 AM

It's actually kind o' cool for me cause you guys think I can catch venomous snakes and headbutt crocodiles to death.

Endymion
07-12-2005, 09:35 AM
It's actually kind o' cool for me cause you guys think I can catch venomous snakes and headbutt crocodiles to death.
i'd prefer to see you insult the size of my knife.

Sin Studly
07-12-2005, 08:00 PM
And follow it up by ruining a couple hundred bucks worth of your top-shelf coca?