PDA

View Full Version : Who likes life?

evilmonkey
11-13-2004, 11:37 AM
Seriously, who out there does?

the_GoDdEsS
11-13-2004, 11:38 AM
Depends when. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

"We love life not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving."

I wish I remembered who said that.

lousyskater
11-13-2004, 11:39 AM
life for me is a big fat WTF.
________
Paxil settlements (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/paxil/)

the_GoDdEsS
11-13-2004, 11:40 AM
And even though it generally is not easy it all, I wanna squeeze it out like a lemon and overcome it.

Tired_Of_You
11-13-2004, 11:41 AM
Depends when. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

"We love life not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving."

I wish I remembered who said that.

I think it is Friedrich Nietzsche

the_GoDdEsS
11-13-2004, 11:42 AM
I think it is Friedrich Nietzsche

I thought so but was not sure. I'm full of Nietzsche quotes and hoped this was someone else. Oh well, I'm possessed.

too_close_to_see
11-13-2004, 11:42 AM
I like life. It has its ups and downs.

Tired_Of_You
11-13-2004, 11:44 AM
I try to see the good sides and it works.

Izie
11-13-2004, 11:52 AM
Life is absolutely beautiful, it's just some things/people/thoughts/feelings/situations that piss me off to no end.

The fact that I'm a cruel spartan makes life... Meaningful, but difficult. Then again, I love difficult things.

Damn, I love life. I love it, even when I'm in such a mood I wish I'd never been born. I love it, because I get to laugh almost every day, and because I get to feel and think and do things...

Why am I always so full of clichés?

Edit: Just thought I'd mention even like life when I have to study law (which is now). Studying law in Dutch is complicated. Dutch has ridiculously long words. Bleeeeh.

Tijs
11-13-2004, 11:56 AM
I can't vote this... sometimes I'm really fucking happy, but sometimes I'm the complete opposite of that.

Izie
11-13-2004, 12:03 PM
I can't vote this... sometimes I'm really fucking happy, but sometimes I'm the complete opposite of that.

*hugs*

Doctors say it's called adolescent crisis. I can't wait to stop being adolescent too.

RXP
11-13-2004, 12:05 PM
Most days I hate life and want to die.

Today I hate life but don't want to die.

wheelchairman
11-13-2004, 12:26 PM
I like my life.

Andy
11-13-2004, 12:32 PM
i love life. only problem is its too damn short.

Phate
11-13-2004, 12:59 PM
If I wasn't to lazy, I'd quote Tijs here.

Vera
11-13-2004, 01:10 PM
Tightening the rope while typing is really difficult.

RXP
11-13-2004, 01:16 PM
You could OD, or take a wireless laptop with you while jumping off a tall building and type in a responce and hope the signal stays strong before you plummet to your death?

Andy
11-13-2004, 01:21 PM
tie the mouse cord around your neck. problem solved

Unnatural Disaster
11-13-2004, 01:35 PM
I get by without much excitement

wliethof
11-13-2004, 01:46 PM
I have as much fun as i can or want to have.

Eccentric Sara
11-13-2004, 01:47 PM
Most of the time,I wish I'd never been born. But that's a totally predictable response from someone like me,right?!!:rolleyes:

JoY
11-13-2004, 02:21 PM
life itself is too beautiful to put into words. having the oportunity to live is more rare, than most people realise, & I really don't feel like I deserve the honour. at all. especially not, when I lose, or tend to lose, extremely wonderful people to the wish to die. because I still feel like it should've been me instead of them, because I'm much more a waste of space than they are.

hah. I love life so much, I think it's too good for me. at the same time that explains why I never stepped out of it.

Andy
11-13-2004, 02:25 PM
life itself is too beautiful to put into words. having the oportunity to live is more rare, than most people realise, & I really don't feel like I deserve the honour. at all. especially not, when I lose, or tend to lose, extremely wonderful people to the wish to die. because I still feel like it should've been me instead of them, because I'm much more a waste of space than they are.

quoted out of agreement and for emphasis

JoY
11-13-2004, 02:32 PM
*smiles*

I must admit, that I'm happy to (still) be alive & have my good moments, when I feel I'm not all that terrible, maybe quite alright even.

RXP
11-13-2004, 02:56 PM
Life is beautiful? Maybe, depends on your cirumstance. Depends on a lot of things. A lot of people's lives ain't beautiful for a lot of reasons. War, famine, disease, suffering, loneliness, poverty etc. etc.

Life is anything but beautiful. It has its moments but those moments are fleeting and in the end humans all fucking suck cause they're all out for themselves and are dick heads.

Yes I'm depressed :->

PS life isn't that rare in an infinate universe (well the debate's still up on that one).

PPS: the reason life is beautiful is:

Let me tell you a secret, something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment may be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be more lovely than you are now. We will never be here again.

And from the same movie

"Men are wretched things"

Troy is my new life changing movie.

evilmonkey
11-13-2004, 03:05 PM
Tightening the rope while typing is really difficult.

nice dude.

evilmonkey
11-13-2004, 03:06 PM
Most of the time,I wish I'd never been born. But that's a totally predictable response from someone like me,right?!!:rolleyes:

pretty predictable yeah, but i feel the same.

NOAMR
11-13-2004, 03:08 PM
Live is beautiful, but people aren't.

evilmonkey
11-13-2004, 03:11 PM
some people are beautiful. i know some beautiful people

RXP
11-13-2004, 03:14 PM

No body is truly beautiful. It's not a human thing. You can be beautiful in a way, can be beautiful to some people but you aren't truly beautiful because you suck.

wheelchairman
11-13-2004, 03:20 PM
I would say that beauty isn't about perfection, in fact nothing perfect is beautiful.

evilmonkey
11-13-2004, 03:23 PM
I would say that beauty isn't about perfection, in fact nothing perfect is beautiful.

very true, you're a wise man

JoY
11-13-2004, 03:30 PM
Life is beautiful? Maybe, depends on your cirumstance. Depends on a lot of things. A lot of people's lives ain't beautiful for a lot of reasons. War, famine, disease, suffering, loneliness, poverty etc. etc.

Life is anything but beautiful. It has its moments but those moments are fleeting and in the end humans all fucking suck cause they're all out for themselves and are dick heads.

Yes I'm depressed :->

PS life isn't that rare in an infinate universe (well the debate's still up on that one).

PPS: the reason life is beautiful is:

Let me tell you a secret, something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment may be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be more lovely than you are now. We will never be here again.

And from the same movie

Troy is my new life changing movie.
I didn't say life on the planet is rare. I said the oportunity to live. & it is. every time one fucks (actually that takes two, but you know what I mean), you have (depending on you fertility, which I help by smoking & taking the pill) a slight chance of getting pregnant. nevermind that out of all those fucks & all those eggs & spermcells, you yourself come of it.

no one here, all having internet in their homes, suffers from utter poverty, or famine. so count those out, while you're at it.
then I can honestly say, that you can be very, very happy with a disease, except when it happens to be chronic depression, which there exist numerous of medications for. no one's sane, everyone fights a battle with themselves every day, maybe without noticing, but everyone does. when it comes to physical disease, there are some, that are hard to live with, or even in the long run can't be lived with at all. that still doesn't mean, that life in itself isn't beautiful, so you've just proven air.
*softly blows in your direction*

you can be very happy under any of the circumstances you've mentioned actually, now I think of it. I've seen people starving in Africa & Cuba. still, with their music, spirit & love for life, they manage to be happier than most of the depressed fucks living in 'first world countries', that spend their days behind a computer, eating on kilos & never spending a day outside. or what about the morons, that get themselves in a lovely fuck up marriage, that's just doomed to end in misery?? people, who mess up their own lives, tend to be much, much unhappier, than any of the people born, raised in & used to difficult circumstances. now what does that say?

then let's talk about war. does life itself make war? indirectly maybe, but directly... no my friend, we do. dogs, cockroaches, plants live too, but do you see them throw bombs at each other? unless we beat the shit out of our pets, do they ever seem unhappy to you??

& loneliness in a world, where life is - as you said - absolutely NOT rare, is quite peculiar, don't you think? being alone during your lifetime doesn't say much about life itself, but what you do with it.

I'm one rational hippy. I believe in beauty & thus happiness. life IS beautiful, but that doesn't guarantee, that you'll be happy. you have to fully use & abuse every oportunity given in life, live it to the fullest, follow wishes, dreams, let go of what stands in your way of growing as a person & being happy.. that is a recipe for at least a good amount of happy moments.

life is beautiful, because you get to live it. it's a chance. if you don't take it, it's not life's fault.

Andy
11-13-2004, 03:31 PM
battle of the essays

JoY
11-13-2004, 03:32 PM
thank you. THANK YOU.
<3

JoY
11-13-2004, 03:32 PM
battle of the essays
it would be, if it was a challenge. ;p

Andy
11-13-2004, 03:34 PM
ooooooh, confidence!

JoY
11-13-2004, 03:34 PM
every time one fucks (actually that takes two, but you know what I mean), you have (depending on you fertility, which I help by smoking & taking the pill) a slight chance of getting pregnant.
& don't say men can't get pregnant. I mean... they can't.. but well.... you can at least 'get pregnant' with someone, or somethin'.

biology classes are always a bitch. ;p

Andy
11-13-2004, 03:37 PM
male seahorses can...

1 - 0 :D

evilmonkey
11-13-2004, 03:37 PM
huh? i dont get it

RXP
11-13-2004, 03:40 PM
Bella, you know what I mean by loneliness, I'd rather you now say on here but you know where I'm coming from. And if you can expect me to be happy knowing that well your an idoit. No offence. The only way to be happy is to change ones expectations. I've been doing that over the past couple weeks and as a direct result I'm happier for once.

JoY
11-13-2004, 03:41 PM
male seahorses can...

1 - 0 :D
don't confuse me!
the list of organisms, that can reproduct asexually, or however you say this in English, etc, is quite long. let's not get into that.

Andy
11-13-2004, 03:42 PM
ok. apologies. i'll shut up and stop being smart.

Andy
11-13-2004, 03:43 PM
Bella

who'se bella? i remember that name? man, im so out of the loop :confused:

JoY
11-13-2004, 03:46 PM
Bella, you know what I mean by loneliness, I'd rather you now say on here but you know where I'm coming from. And if you can expect me to be happy knowing that well your an idoit. No offence. The only way to be happy is to change ones expectations. I've been doing that over the past couple weeks and as a direct result I'm happier for once.
expectations.... realisation of your chances & oportunities...

I know what you suffer from & I realise that must be way difficult for you. but you've just admitted, that if you battle your issues, try to get rid off what's pulling you down, you -can- be happy. you're the exact proof of my point.

JoY
11-13-2004, 03:47 PM
who'se bella? i remember that name? man, im so out of the loop :confused:
that'd be me. =)

Andy
11-13-2004, 03:48 PM
oh shit, its you! well i never! well, hello again!

nitropenguin!
11-13-2004, 03:49 PM
Life sucks... but I have a lot of reasons to be thankful for it.
Such as:
× My best friend, Sonya. It'd be impossible to get through things without her.
× The one who wants me but can't have me, Nilesh.
× THE OFFSPRING
× Everyone who laughs at my jokes.
Just to name a few

evilmonkey
amoebas can split, thats asexual reproduction.

JoY
Life sucks... but I have a lot of reasons to be thankful for it.
Such as:
× My best friend, Sonya. It'd be impossible to get through things without her.
× The one who wants me but can't have me, Nilesh.
× THE OFFSPRING
× Everyone who laughs at my jokes.
Just to name a few
hahahaha!

now let's just hope that was a joke.

nitropenguin!
11-13-2004, 03:50 PM
I could be if you want it to be...

Andy
11-13-2004, 03:52 PM
my philosophy on life:

if they laugh, its a joke; if they dont, its a comment

Subsidal
11-14-2004, 03:09 AM
Life can be such a beautiful thing, if you know how to handle it

Toxic Speed Bump
11-14-2004, 03:12 AM
How do we know if life is shit or good if we havent tried anything else?

Subsidal
11-14-2004, 03:14 AM
Good point..

Danielle
11-14-2004, 04:28 AM
one thing that shocked me once - i was talking about commiting suicide with some friends, and who'd already wanted to do it (obviously not enough because otherwise they would hav done it) and i was the only one who said i'd never wanted to commit suicide! i think they maybe just said that to try and be cool, or honestly though that for some reason life wasnt worth living.

my view is that life isn't long enough (even though there are some bad points) and that u should make the most of it because u only get one chance to live :)

Inshane
11-14-2004, 04:58 AM
I remember when I was younger I had this life with no problems. Just hang around in trees, nothing to think about other then feeling like you had all the time in the world. I really hate it I can't be like that anymore. I really wish I could. But to much has happened to me. To many fucked up things that make my life I leed now to a battle. But I have to go on not only for me, I think I don't have the right to kill myself, many people die with no choice.

My life isnt beautiful now, but Im trying hard to make it that way.

RXP
11-14-2004, 05:25 AM
many people die with no choice.

We all live with no choice.

"I chose nothing, I was born and this is what I am"

Inshane
11-14-2004, 05:29 AM
you dont have a choice in what you are. or in everything that happends.
but you do have the choice to end it all.
but in my opinion that isnt right.

lousyskater
11-14-2004, 05:52 AM
one really pessemistic definition life is: "Living - the slowest rate at which one can die". if you think about it, it is true though.
________
VAPORIZER HERBAL (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/)

dirty_magic
11-14-2004, 06:39 AM
its shit at the moment but should pick up soon

JoY
11-14-2004, 07:00 AM
"I chose nothing, I was born and this is what I am"
that's..... WRONG & untrue.
there's been a time, that I (yes me) was convinced I wanted to die.
when things happen & you seem to have little to no influence & all those things together keep pulling you down to the point of drowning..... you honestly start to believe your life was just a mistake & that you aren't cut out for it. when million events confront you with death & your own mortality, it seems like a hint & a question why you're still around.

fine fine, anyway.. so every night I wondered how I'd end myself. (I know that sounds a tad... pathetic, but I was. I was pathetic & very, very sad) I didn't want to leave a mess, nor did I want to become unrecognisable to my friends & family, or who ever would find me. I decided a giant shitload of heavy pills should do the trick just wonderfully & I started collecting them (a doc's daughter can get her hands on anything). then, when the moment was there... & I had the CHOICE to take them all together.. the wish to commit suicide flooded out of me. I had crossed a line, where you tell yourself it's an okay option to end it all & you give in to the fact that you have that choice, but that still leaves the option to live too.
so I didn't end it all & decided to choose life over a possible nothing. for over a year (about two actually, now I think of it) I made the same decision every fucking morning, but now it almost seems as inevitable, normal & automatic, as it did, before I ever got so suicidal.

for people, who want to escape life, there's always a choice. you don't choose to be born, but every day again you unconsciously choose to live.