PDA

View Full Version : Personally, I think Americana is The Offspring's worst album.

Rexisfed
07-11-2005, 08:38 AM
It's got 5 good songs on it: Pretty Fly, The Kids Aren't Alright, She's Got Issues, Why Don't You Get A Job?, and Pay The Man. So those are good, but the rest didn't really impress me.

Smash is the major breakthrough, and I can see why. Almost every song on it is amazing and I can listen to the album 3 or 4 times in a day without getting tired of it.

Ixnay is great. It has the band's best song, IMO (Gone Away). It's more punk than Americana and has a fast, hard song (All I Want). It has a little bit of everything.

Conspiracy Of One is my favorite album besides Smash. Come Out Swinging, Original Pranskter, One Fine Day, and Want You Bad are all great songs. But, the other songs are good too, more so than Americana's non-hit songs.

Splinter's smash hits Hit That and (CGM)HAY are both addictive and can be listened to over and over. Splinter also opens with Neocon, which is the most amazing opening track I've ever heard in my life.

The first two albums, I still have yet to buy (or find, for that matter; our music store sucks.)

Don't get me wrong, Americana is a great album, just seems a little rushed. It did come out merely a year after Ixnay. I just like the others a lot better. My personal favorite is actually a tie between Smash and Conspiracy Of One.

Anyone else agree with me?

The-Offspring-RuLe
07-11-2005, 08:40 AM
No i don't agree with you, Americana was good, as all of their albums are

Rexisfed
07-11-2005, 08:41 AM
No i don't agree with you, Americana was good, as all of their albums are

Yes, it is. I'm not saying it's bad, just saying I prefer their other albums more.

wishomie
07-11-2005, 08:43 AM
I think all of there albums/songs are good.

Rexisfed
07-11-2005, 08:44 AM
I think all of there albums/songs are good.

I do too. I'm just saying I like the other albums better than Americana.

HeadAroundU
07-11-2005, 08:45 AM
Have you ever!
The end of the line!
;)

Rexisfed
07-11-2005, 08:47 AM
Have you ever!
The end of the line!
;)

Have You Ever is my least favorite song on the album, but I guess that's just me.

wishomie
07-11-2005, 08:47 AM
I do too. I'm just saying I like the other albums better than Americana.
Well I'm just saying that you need to stop complaining.

dain84
07-11-2005, 08:49 AM
Have You Ever is my least favorite song on the album, but I guess that's just me.
That is literally JUST YOU! Everyone likes have you ever!

WebDudette
07-11-2005, 08:53 AM
1. Ixnay on the Hombre
2. Ignition
3. Smash
4. The Offspring
5. Americana
6. Conspiracy of One
7. Splinter

P.S. Have You Ever is one of my fav songs

killer_queen
07-11-2005, 08:56 AM
Have you ever!
The end of the line!
;)
And No Brakes.

notoriousdoc
07-11-2005, 09:29 AM
Ignition
Ixnay on the hombre
Americana
Smash
Self titled/CO1
Splinter

notoriousdoc
07-11-2005, 09:30 AM
If it wasn't for that song and Girl from mars by Ash, I'd be listening to techno :D

panzor41
07-11-2005, 09:37 AM
I think Conspiracy of One was my least fav. album.

undesiredhope17
07-11-2005, 09:40 AM
Personally, Americana is my favorate of all the Offspring's albums. The only song on it I don't like is Pretty Fly. My personal favorate is Staring at the Sun with Have You Ever close behind.

Camilamazed
07-11-2005, 09:40 AM
That's your opinion and we have to respect....But I personally think you should listen to it a little bit more....

Manic subsidal
07-11-2005, 09:55 AM
The Techtonics exhaust has 2.0" diameter pipes, all the bends are "mandrel bent" and it is designed specifically for the VW Fox so there are no fitment issues.

So.. for approximately $150 USD you can have a tuned cat-back system and that's why Americana is a good album.

Rexisfed
07-11-2005, 10:06 AM
The Techtonics exhaust has 2.0" diameter pipes, all the bends are "mandrel bent" and it is designed specifically for the VW Fox so there are no fitment issues.

So.. for approximately $150 USD you can have a tuned cat-back system and that's why Americana is a good album.

1. Conspiracy Of One
2. Smash
3. Ixnay On The Hombre
4. Splinter
5. Americana

dain84
07-11-2005, 10:08 AM
2/10 work on your kickflips.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
07-11-2005, 10:24 AM
My opinion on Offspring albums from best to worst:

1. Ignition
2. Smash
3. Ixnay On The Hombre
4. Conspiracy Of One
5. Americana
6. The Offspring
7. Splinter

Though I think they are all good......except for Splinter.

China Boy
07-11-2005, 10:46 AM
What's wrong with Splinter?
It's great, though it's a bit too short (they should have included 100 punks on it, love that song).

Have you ever is an all right song, but it's really good in the end.
The end of the line rocks.
I haven't heard Staring at the Sun or No Brakes, Feelings, and Pay the Man though.

Rexisfed
07-11-2005, 10:57 AM
It's great, though it's a bit too short (they should have included 100 punks on it, love that song).

Have you ever is an all right song, but it's really good in the end.
The end of the line rocks.
I haven't heard Staring at the Sun or No Brakes, Feelings, and Pay the Man though.

Feelings is one of the best songs on Americana.

Eddie
07-11-2005, 11:00 AM
Americana is not a bad album I prefer it by far to Conspiracy of One (the worst album for me).

SkyRocker
07-11-2005, 11:54 AM
Feelings is one of the best songs on Americana.
That's a cover, could not be the best song of the album in my opinion

crrrN
07-11-2005, 12:22 PM
Americana kicks ass, here's my list:

- Americana / Splinter
- Smash
- Conspiracy of One / Ixnay
- Ignition
- Offspring

Jack the Tripper
07-11-2005, 02:17 PM
Not that anyone may care, but

Self Titled
Self Titled album isn't Offspring style, but it's still good and a kick ass album for if youre an Offspring album collector

Ignition
Ignition is the best for older style dramatic songs. All of Ignition's songs are good, but the only ones that are one of the best are Kick Him When He's Down and Dirty Magic

Smash
Smash is by far the best album. All the songs are kick ass and it contains 3 of the best songs(Gotta Get Away, Self Esteem, and Come Out And Play). It's the same style as Ignition, but the Smash has better songs.

Ixnay On The Hombre
Not the best album(in my opinion anyway), but it still has 2 of the best songs(All I Want and Gone Away). The rest are just plain OK. This album is a darker style than Smash. The Offspring tried not repeating Smash, but they should've repeated Smash but with different songs.

Americana
It's hard for me to say whether this album is good or bad. It has both some of the best songs and some of the worst. The best songs are Have You Ever, Staring At The Sun, Pretty Fly, The Kids Aren't Alright, Get A Job, and Pay The Man. The rest get old too fast.

Conspiracy Of One
This album brings the question, what the fuck happened? This album is not at all Offspring style and it's barely even good. It's songs aren't bad, but this album contins none of the best songs.

Splinter
Not too bad, but not the best. Splinter would've done better is The Offspring chose the singles better. The best songs from this album include The Noose, Race Against Myself, Lightning Rod, Can't Get My Head Around You, and Spare Me The Details.

Kerr
07-11-2005, 02:21 PM
Nah, easily CO1, that totally sucks.

Preecey
07-11-2005, 02:24 PM
Personally I prefer the old style of the Offspring (S/T and Ignition) and I don't agree that Smash is their best album at all, despite the fact that it has my second favourite song of all time on it, Self Esteem.

Ixnay also does very little for me, but it isn't a bad album.

Americana is an average album, songs like Have You Ever, Staring at The Sun, Americana, No Brakes and The Kids Aren't Alright making up for Why Don't You Get A Job, Walla Walla and She's Got Issues.

CO1 and Splinter, the later style, are two excellent albums compromising of unceasingly brilliant tracks.

Amazed
07-11-2005, 02:28 PM
It's great, though it's a bit too short.

you're my soulmate ;) no, seriously, I love Splinter.. Lightning rod is one of my favourite songs

Aimeht
07-11-2005, 02:48 PM
I don't agree with you. You didn't even mention Ignition and that is the best album.

GRfan
07-11-2005, 02:48 PM
1.Ixnay On The Hombre
2.Smash
3.Ignition
4.S/T
5.Splinter
6.Conspiracy Of One
7.Americana

Offspring-Fanatic
07-11-2005, 02:54 PM

Seriously, Have You Ever, Staring at The Sun, and Americana are the best songs on the album!

oh, and TKAA

and No Brakes

Offspring-Fanatic
07-11-2005, 02:57 PM

listen to Staring at the Sun and No Brakes..

feelings is crap, way too dark and evilish for me

offspring kid
07-11-2005, 02:59 PM
Americana RocKS just Like Their other Albums

Preecey
07-11-2005, 03:03 PM
Americana RocKS just Like Thier other Albums
Ha, how did I know you'd say that? :cool:

offspring kid
07-11-2005, 03:06 PM
Ha, how did I know you'd say that? :cool:

hmm cause i dont hate anything about THE OFFSPRING

Preecey
07-11-2005, 03:06 PM
hmm cause i dont hate anything about THE OFFSPRING
Amen to that.

offspring kid
07-11-2005, 03:07 PM
Amen to that.
AMEN !..........

smileemptysoul44
07-11-2005, 03:10 PM
co1 is offsprigns worst album!!!

TRUSTpunk
07-11-2005, 03:13 PM
Americana had alot of good stuff in it , I wouldn't even think to call any of
their albums bad , you should read the lyrics before calling any album a bad
album. Americana is what forced me to buy all their other CD's. It Rules!

Here are some of my favorite songs.

02. Have You Ever
10. No Brakes
06. Feelings
05. The Kids Aren't Alright
12. Americana
08. Walla Walla
09. The End Of The Line

bd007h
07-11-2005, 03:43 PM
feelings is crap, way too dark and evilish for me

that's what makes it good :rolleyes:

TRUSTpunk
07-11-2005, 03:44 PM
I think of feelings when I was in school. I want to kill them all!

bd007h
07-11-2005, 03:45 PM
my album rankings:

1. Ixnay On The Hombre
2. Smash
3. Ignition
4. Conspiracy Of One
5. The Offspring
6. Splinter
7. Americana.

I think all of the albums kick ass, and I don't hate any of their songs.

Offspring-Fanatic
07-11-2005, 04:28 PM
that's what makes it good :rolleyes:

yeah but...seriously

imagine beating on your face

feelings like I want to kill you live in my heart

that sounds emo. i dont like it...i mean, i know everyone feels that way, but dont SING about it!

bd007h
07-11-2005, 05:04 PM
yeah but...seriously

imagine beating on your face

feelings like I want to kill you live in my heart

that sounds emo. i dont like it...i mean, i know everyone feels that way, but dont SING about it!

it's just a harmless parody of an old song :p.

Does this mean you don't like the song Bad Habit either?

kickass0987654321
07-11-2005, 06:06 PM
r u sure about that? i dont think they have any bad albums bu thats my opinion.
-kickass0987654321

pretty_fly_white_guy858
07-11-2005, 06:09 PM
This thread is turning into a what your favorite Offspring albums are in order

kickass0987654321
07-11-2005, 06:11 PM
ur rite. i changed my mind.

cantrepeat4385
07-11-2005, 07:23 PM
It's got 5 good songs on it: Pretty Fly, The Kids Aren't Alright, She's Got Issues, Why Don't You Get A Job?, and Pay The Man. So those are good, but the rest didn't really impress me.

Smash is the major breakthrough, and I can see why. Almost every song on it is amazing and I can listen to the album 3 or 4 times in a day without getting tired of it.

Ixnay is great. It has the band's best song, IMO (Gone Away). It's more punk than Americana and has a fast, hard song (All I Want). It has a little bit of everything.

Conspiracy Of One is my favorite album besides Smash. Come Out Swinging, Original Pranskter, One Fine Day, and Want You Bad are all great songs. But, the other songs are good too, more so than Americana's non-hit songs.

Splinter's smash hits Hit That and (CGM)HAY are both addictive and can be listened to over and over. Splinter also opens with Neocon, which is the most amazing opening track I've ever heard in my life.

The first two albums, I still have yet to buy (or find, for that matter; our music store sucks.)

Don't get me wrong, Americana is a great album, just seems a little rushed. It did come out merely a year after Ixnay. I just like the others a lot better. My personal favorite is actually a tie between Smash and Conspiracy Of One.

yeah it my lest fav out of the four albums of herd

fav order goes

1. splinter
2. smash
3. ixnay
4. americana

original_prankster
07-11-2005, 07:26 PM
My favorites, in order -

1. Ixnay On The Hombre
2. Conspiracy Of One
3. Ignition
4. Americana
5. Smash
6. Splinter
7. Self-titled
8. Greatest Hits

Americana wasn't that bad. I thought Feelings was funny. It had an awesome solo in it. Plus, there is the song Pay The Man. It's quickly turning into one of my favorites. And the remix of Pretty Fly at the end of it was awesome. :D I like ALL of their albums. Self-titled is my least favorite because some of the songs were too dark for my liking. I did like Demons, Beheaded, Jennifer Lost The War, Out On Patrol, I'll Be Waiting, Kill The President and Blackball..

cantrepeat4385
07-11-2005, 07:26 PM
1. Ixnay on the Hombre
2. Ignition
3. Smash
4. The Offspring
5. Americana
6. Conspiracy of One
7. Splinter

P.S. Have You Ever is one of my fav songs

7. Splinter??!!! :mad: :eek:

original_prankster
07-11-2005, 07:30 PM
How DARE he have a different opinion than you? Honestly!

(Sarcasm)

Little_Miss_1565
07-11-2005, 09:15 PM
Americana is one of my favorite Offspring albums.

punk_riOt
07-12-2005, 12:08 AM
Mostly i do, but i love Americana i don't think it's their worst. You missed some other good songs on some of the albums, but yeah mostly i'm with you.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
07-12-2005, 04:35 AM
I know people are allowed to have different opinions and such, but to those who said Splinter is the best is clearly on crack. How can you say this is the best Offspring album ever? It PALES in comparison to Smash, Ignition, Ixnay and yes, even CO1. Though this may be my opinion, it's also fact. Just listen to Smash once and then listen to Splinter once. You can't deny it. At all. It's true. Splinter is definitely NOT the best Offspring album.

neocon58
07-12-2005, 04:46 AM

no, not me.

dexterrr
07-12-2005, 05:18 AM
whoever doesn't like have you ever, doesn't like music.i mean, check those lyrics, you can't deny the geniality of it. it's not a musical masterpiece, but musically spoken it's just a good punk song, it fits. man, how can you ever say that have you ever isn't a good song.

platinumpt
07-12-2005, 05:57 AM
I know people are allowed to have different opinions and such, but to those who said Splinter is the best is clearly on crack. How can you say this is the best Offspring album ever? It PALES in comparison to Smash, Ignition, Ixnay and yes, even CO1. Though this may be my opinion, it's also fact. Just listen to Smash once and then listen to Splinter once. You can't deny it. At all. It's true. Splinter is definitely NOT the best Offspring album.
I agree, I don't think that Splinter is the best Offspring album, even though it has great songs, but surely there are fans out there who have different opinions, and that's ok. I just think it's a little strange, there are songs that break the rhythm, when the thing was starting to get pretty cool. Like "Spare Me The Details" between "Lightning Rod" and "Da Hui". Now what the fuck was their idea?

Anyway, I've never listed my favs before, but here it goes, for the record:

1-Conspiracy Of One
2-Ixnay On The Hombre (close second:))
3-Smash (close third)
4-Ignition (close fourth)
5-Self Titled (close fifth)
6-Splinter (close sixth)
7-Americana (close seventh)

They're all very close to each other, I can't say there's an album I don't like! Anyway, Americana sometimes just gets pretty boring, there are songs I've already heard hundreds of times, and I'm getting tired, like pretty fly or get a job. But Have You Ever rules people! Staring At The sun too, but I only like the live version, it's more accelerated.

Oh by the way... is it worth to even mention GH? I don't think so... I just say: Can't Repeat is fantastic!!!!!

Mota___Boy
07-12-2005, 06:10 AM
I'd put Americana well above CO1 and Splinter i really think that the last two are a fair drop in quality. Still good but the other albums are BRILLIANT.

Preecey
07-12-2005, 06:12 AM
Staring At The sun too, but I only like the live version, it's more accelerated.

Yeah, the one at Huntington Beach, CA on the Huck It DVD is much better than the album version.

WebDudette
07-12-2005, 06:28 AM
7. Splinter??!!! :mad: :eek:

omfgz how dare i dont like splinter :eek:

Youve only heard for album i don't think you have much of a right to crticize my taste if you havent even heard half of the albums that are higher then Splinter on my list.

Autonomist
07-12-2005, 06:28 AM
i know everyone feels that way, but dont SING about it!

Congratulations, you've just proven yourself to be the biggest idiot on this board.

Americana was a decent album. I think it was better then both Conspiracy of One and Splinter, and it had a handful of awesome songs (Staring at the Sun, Americana and Pay the Man particularly). Though out of all their albums, when I put this one into the stereo to play it I end up skipping the most tracks of all.

platinumpt
07-12-2005, 07:21 AM
Yeah, the one at Huntington Beach, CA on the Huck It DVD is much better than the album version.
Yup,that's what I meant! :)

Black Dragon
07-14-2005, 02:39 PM

I Agree absolutley with you, Americana is the "worst" of All the Offspring records. I don't know why, but it's just my opinion
When I say worst i don't really mean that, I say that there are some other Offspring records that are Better.