PDA

View Full Version : Which is the best Retro Video Game Console

The-Offspring-RuLe
07-11-2005, 04:45 PM
Which is the best Retro Video Game Console....

Noodles is gay
07-11-2005, 04:47 PM
Amiga.

(Well apart from the problem with the controllers that we always had - the pins in the back of the machine were totally screwed up so sometimes the controllers wouldn't work until they were jiggled about a bit.)

...I really liked the Atari too.

Dreamcast isn't RETRO!!! :eek: I still have mine!

The-Offspring-RuLe
07-11-2005, 04:49 PM
Amiga.

(Well apart from the problem with the controllers that we always had - the pins in the back of the machine were totally screwed up so sometimes the controllers wouldn't work until they were jiggled about a bit.)

...I really liked the Atari too.

Dreamcast isn't RETRO!!! :eek: I still have mine!

Well it did kind of fade away into nothing, i still have mine the best game by far on it was Shenmue 1 and 2

Noodles is gay
07-11-2005, 04:51 PM
It's newer than the N64, which isn't on the poll (still have that too :cool: )

Well it did kind of fade away into nothing, i still have mine the best game by far on it was Shenmue 1 and 2

Best game = Soul Calibur.

The-Offspring-RuLe
07-11-2005, 04:54 PM
It's newer than the N64, which isn't on the poll (still have that too :cool: )

Best game = Soul Calibur.

Dammit, it's funny how those Console's slip my mind at the last minute...might i add that some retro games are better than the ones released today...i'm dicing with death with that comment :p

Preocupado
07-11-2005, 04:56 PM
Super Nintendo is winning.
Good taste cannot be argued :cool:

Noodles is gay
07-11-2005, 04:57 PM
might i add that some retro games are better than the ones released today...i'm dicing with death with that comment :p

not at all; they had more playability 'back in the day' - it took longer to complete those games. Just think about Lemmings or Monkey Island - quality games, which had an awesome lifespan. :D

They were more innovative then too because things hadn't been done before.

oh, now I want to play Lemmings...:'(

Jebus
07-11-2005, 04:59 PM
Mega Man X for SNES is definitely the best game ever.

The-Offspring-RuLe
07-11-2005, 05:00 PM
not at all; they had more playability 'back in the day' - it took longer to complete those games. Just think about Lemmings or Monkey Island - quality games, which had an awesome lifespan. :D

They were more innovative then too because things hadn't been done before.

oh, now I want to play Lemmings...:'(

I used to think they had the best graphics, the game play was something else...games like that will never be made to that standard ever again. Lemmings was one of those games that made you rip your hair out...but still carry on ;)

shadowind
07-11-2005, 05:07 PM
one of my fav. games is zelda: ocarina of time
for the Nintendo 64 i've beat it at least 8 times or more and i still can't find out how you get the 4th bottle ( and i'm working on beating it again but i want to find the bottle this time hopfully)( i never bothered looking it up, how to find the 4th bottle)

The-Offspring-RuLe
07-11-2005, 05:16 PM
for the Nintendo 64 i've beat it at least 8 times or more and i still can't find out how you get the 4th bottle ( and i'm working on beating it again but i want to find the bottle this time hopfully)( i never bothered looking it up, how to find the 4th bottle)

I can never seem to find all of those diamond thingy's like farore's wind, and so on...and the bottles trouble me to, but i've completed it countless times.

Rabbit209
07-11-2005, 05:35 PM
SNES all the fucking way. I still play mine on a regular basis.

shadowind
07-11-2005, 05:40 PM
I can never seem to find all of those diamond thingy's like farore's wind, and so on...and the bottles trouble me to, but i've completed it countless times.

the fire shield is by the castle when your a kid you have to have bombs to get them the telaporty thing is by the fish that you go inside you have to have the bombs to and the love shield thing is inbetween two trees a little away from the um... that one temple in the sand area you have to blow up the wall inbetween the trees

The-Offspring-RuLe
07-11-2005, 05:46 PM
the fire shield is by the castle when your a kid you have to have bombs to get them the telaporty thing is by the fish that you go inside you have to have the bombs to and the love shield thing is inbetween two trees a little away from the um... that one temple in the sand area you have to blow up the wall inbetween the trees

Thanks for the tip.... :p

punkangel
07-11-2005, 05:47 PM
I say the best console is: Super Nintendo because that was my first ever console.

billiejoe87
07-11-2005, 05:56 PM
Sega Mega Drive. I still think the games were some of the best ever released. It was the first console I ever had.

0r4ng3
07-11-2005, 06:12 PM
I want to say Super Nintendo, but it seems that everyone else is saying it. I will say N64, because it introduced me to StarFox, even though the first one was on the SNES. The Gamecube destroyed his image with two crappy games, though. Good thing there's SSBM.

Anya82
07-11-2005, 06:23 PM
hey?!!! where's SEGA GENESIS???? I liked that!!

but.. from those in the poll.. damn, it's difficult.
i rather choose NES or ATARI... i'll vote for NES. I think NES started a whole new wave of changes.
But i remember ATARI so dear.....*nostalgia*

0r4ng3
07-11-2005, 06:25 PM
What about Game Boy? You know, the one that was about the size of today's Gamecube. Also, have you ever heard of the Virtua Boy?

Noodles is gay
07-11-2005, 06:50 PM
^ Virtual boys came out in japan, but they gave people headaches so were withdrawn.

shadowind: location of the 4 bottles;

1: Super Cuccoos at the Lon lon ranch
2: more Cuccoos in Kakarino (sp?) village; woman has an allergy
3: the princess's letter is in a bottle
4: collect 10 special poes (as an adult)

...god I'm sad - but I love that game :D

0r4ng3
07-11-2005, 06:53 PM
^ Virtual boys came out in japan, but they gave people headaches so were withdrawn.
Wait, then how do I have one? I know I still have one somewhere...

shadowind
07-11-2005, 06:55 PM

shadowind: location of the 4 bottles;

1: Super Cuccoos at the Lon lon ranch
2: more Cuccoos in Kakarino (sp?) village; woman has an allergy
3: the princess's letter is in a bottle
4: collect 10 special poes (as an adult)

...god I'm sad - but I love that game :D

ok now i just have to find 7 more special poes
thanks for telling me
and i love the game to

Noodles is gay
07-11-2005, 06:56 PM
^ Have you played the master quest version? It's included on the Gamecube Zelda game - pretty damn cool too (has some much harder bits)

Wait, then how do I have one? I know I still have one somewhere...

no way....? :eek: The Nintendo one?

http://my.reset.jp/~toragiku/game_ma/v_boy_s.jpg

0r4ng3
07-11-2005, 06:57 PM
no way....? :eek: The Nintendo one?

http://my.reset.jp/~toragiku/game_ma/v_boy_s.jpg
Yeah, I remember playing Tennis when I was younger. My favorite character was Yoshi.

bd007h
07-11-2005, 07:47 PM
regular NES was the Shit. It shits all over SNES. Still have it, even though it takes hours to get it to work for only 10 minutes :rolleyes: . It had some kick ass games:

Super Mario 1 - 3
Duck Hunt
Dr. Mario
Megaman 1 - 6
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1 - 3
Bubble Bobble
Star Tropics
Trog
Battletoads
Marble Madness
Spy Vs. Spy
Smash TV
Bart Vs. The World
Bart Vs. The Space Mutants
Zelda
Zelda 2: The Adventures of Link (forgive me if that isn't the exact title)
Spot (the 7-Up game)
Donkey Kong/Donkey Kong Jr.
Godzilla
Tiny Toon Adventures
Kirby's Dream Land
Cobra Triangle
Duck Tales
Q-Bert
The Goonies 2 (The first one was only in arcades)
Lemmings
Baseball Stars

Rabbit209
07-11-2005, 09:20 PM
Tiny Toon Adventures

It took me almost 4 years to beat that game.

Rabbit209
07-11-2005, 09:29 PM
does nes= regular nintendo? You know, the big gray box with red letters, where they had Super Mario Bros. 1-3?

NES = Ninetedo Electronic System, so yes you would be right.

Anya82
07-11-2005, 10:20 PM
Hey, Brett! you forgot to mention the Ninja Gaiden series!!!
they were awsome! My fave was Ninja Gaiden 2

Panzerfaust92
07-11-2005, 10:42 PM
God I love super nintendo. Nintendo is also up there on the list.

bd007h
07-11-2005, 11:50 PM
Hey, Brett! you forgot to mention the Ninja Gaiden series!!!
they were awsome! My fave was Ninja Gaiden 2

I think only played one of them, and it wasn't for that long. It was at an old friends house years ago.

Panzerfaust92
07-11-2005, 11:52 PM
Have any of you guys ever played PONG? At $500 in 1978, it seems a little overpriced looking back.

bd007h
07-11-2005, 11:52 PM
It took me almost 4 years to beat that game.

I rented it several times. I don't own it, but my sister and I want to get it, probably off ebay. once, my sister and I got to the last level, and then had to bring it back to where we rented it from, and we never were able to beat the game. It sucks that NES didn't have memory cards :mad:

Nicole
07-12-2005, 12:06 AM
Dreamcast can't be retro. It's the last console from Sega. Now I can get sega games for Nintendo which is a sure sign their bad market timing has left them screwed.

Rag Doll
07-12-2005, 12:12 AM
i had tiny toons for sega genesis. i didn't beat it, but my friend & her little brother did. they bought sega genesis just for that game like 6 years ago (they used to play it at my house).

i loved nes. i would kill to have one that worked perfectly. =\

Anya82
07-12-2005, 12:14 AM
I still have my NES and my SEGA GENESIS. My NES works. Period. (but with some trouble)

I demand SEGA GENESIS in the list! hehehehe :p :D

Rag Doll
07-12-2005, 12:17 AM
I still have my Sega too. It works perfectly. I play Monopoly on it all the time. I tried playing Sonic on it the other day, and I realized I suck at it. I suck at pretty much all video games that don't have "Mario" in the title now. =\

Tired_Of_You
07-12-2005, 12:18 AM
for the Nintendo 64 i've beat it at least 8 times or more and i still can't find out how you get the 4th bottle ( and i'm working on beating it again but i want to find the bottle this time hopfully)( i never bothered looking it up, how to find the 4th bottle)Sorry if someone already answered. If I remember well, you have to kill all the "special" ghosts in Hyrule Field. If it's not that, search on Google, you'll find for sure. I finished that games like thousand of times when I was a kid. I think I have done almost everything,but I've never killed all the spiders.

Anya82
07-12-2005, 12:20 AM
I still have my Sega too. It works perfectly. I play Monopoly on it all the time. I tried playing Sonic on it the other day, and I realized I suck at it. I suck at pretty much all video games that don't have "Mario" in the title now. =\

to play Sonic, you need like.. 3 hours!

my brother used to play Sonic and Tails, and he got all the chaos emeralds, and got Super Sonic, and all.. but he spend 3 hours playing to end the whole game!!!!

Anya82
07-12-2005, 12:26 AM
for the first time, i agree with TTiG

who hasn't played that?

Rabbit209
07-12-2005, 12:27 AM
In that case I'm going with Nes. Anyone who never played this (http://www.funfreepages.com/games/duck_hunt.php) has no buisness playing video games at all.

I agree, kids these days are playing games that I can't even figure out, and I am part of the kids these days.

Rag Doll
07-12-2005, 12:30 AM
to play Sonic, you need like.. 3 hours!

my brother used to play Sonic and Tails, and he got all the chaos emeralds, and got Super Sonic, and all.. but he spend 3 hours playing to end the whole game!!!!

I used to totally rock all the Sonic games. I beat, or came close to beating, all the ones I had. Now I'm lucky to make it out of level one =\

Tired_Of_You
What about Game Boy? You know, the one that was about the size of today's Gamecube. Also, have you ever heard of the Virtua Boy?<3 Gameboy. I still have mine. Somewhere.

I loved Atari, Nes and Super Nintendo.

Rag Doll
In that case I'm going with Nes. Anyone who never played this (http://www.funfreepages.com/games/duck_hunt.php) has no buisness playing video games at all.

Oh man, I remember totally rocking my Nintendo gun when I was like 4.

Rabbit209
07-12-2005, 12:31 AM
Why do you keep putting some kind of url in my username?

I seirously don't know, my computer keeps adding it.

Anya82
07-12-2005, 12:34 AM
I used to totally rock all the Sonic games. I beat, or came close to beating, all the ones I had. Now I'm lucky to make it out of level one =\
yeah, i used to play until i got tired.. but now.. i get stuck in level 2! haha!

geez.. i'm old.

I liked Frogger.. from ATARI

Rag Doll
07-12-2005, 12:39 AM
Yeah. I feel old too. Ha.

I used to have a handheld Frogger. It looked like one of the video game machine things from an arcade, but miniature. It was awesome.

Anya82
07-12-2005, 12:50 AM
http://www.atariage.com/system_items.html?SystemID=2600&ItemTypeID=SCREENSHOT

it's amazing how we got from this:
http://www.cd-r-direct.co.uk/pics/atgrab5.jpg

to stuff like this:
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/screenshots_library/dir_28/vortal_pic_14073.jpg

The-Offspring-RuLe
07-12-2005, 02:21 AM
Alex Kidd In Miracle World was one of the best games, and Secret Command on the Master System

bd007h
07-13-2005, 08:17 PM
NES = Ninetedo Electronic System, so yes you would be right.

It's Nintendo Entertainment System :rolleyes:

Offspring-Fanatic
07-13-2005, 11:27 PM
little hard...i had a super nintendo...and a sega saturn...went with the sega cause it was the first one i ever had!!

Offspring-Fanatic
07-13-2005, 11:28 PM
the best super nintendo game was the mario one, when thy would jump, their little legs would wiggle and they practically flew! then they'd pick onions and stuff out of the ground to throw at stuff and get cherries...then at the end you had to defeat Birdo!! (the little pink egg shooting thing)

bd007h
07-14-2005, 12:27 AM
the best super nintendo game was the mario one, when thy would jump, their little legs would wiggle and they practically flew! then they'd pick onions and stuff out of the ground to throw at stuff and get cherries...then at the end you had to defeat Birdo!! (the little pink egg shooting thing)

I believe the game you are thinking of is Super Mario 2 for NES (regular nintendo) :D

SkunkIt
07-14-2005, 12:34 AM
I liked Sega Saturn, NES, Sega and Atari, but my favorite is Super Nintendo. :)

Jackish
07-14-2005, 03:29 AM
Just for the record the megadrive and the genesis are the same thing.

As is the megadrive 1 and 2, they just look different/2 is smaller... Thats probably why the SNES is winning

Gabriel
07-14-2005, 03:50 AM
I voted for Amiga. I had one many years ago. I did buy it just for Mortal Kombat 2, but I'v discovered many other cool games like- Franko or Moon stone

WebDudette
07-14-2005, 04:02 AM
I love NES and SNES dont have mine anymore or my Dreamcast love it to I have a N64 right now and I would have a PS2 but it got stolen a while back.

The-Offspring-RuLe
07-14-2005, 06:07 AM
Whoa! the Snes is getting a lot of attention...i always thought Sonic kicked ass over Mario anyday

bd007h
07-15-2005, 07:09 PM
Mario-

http://www.iceteks.com/forums/uploads/post-21-1097897308_mariopwnedjpg.jpg

Conspiracy of One
07-15-2005, 07:11 PM
ATARI, NES, and Super NES + playstation. The Xbox 360 and Ps3 are coming out in a year so theyre retro

Offspring-Fanatic
07-15-2005, 11:20 PM
I believe the game you are thinking of is Super Mario 2 for NES (regular nintendo) :D

well we had it for super nintendo, and they were all really pixely looking and stuff