PDA

View Full Version : Shocker at KROQ Acoustic Christmas!!

neocon58
07-12-2005, 01:15 AM
For anyone that's seen/heard the Offsprings performance at KROQ acoustic christmas, i think it was late 2003, the offspring do a truly shocking performance of their first song, the kids arent alright. Greg, Noodles and dexter are all playing in different keys! EG: Lead guitar and rhythm are in two different keys = disaster. Dexter has a really shitty voice as they've only just started touring, and the fact that he doesn't know what key to sing in only makes it worse. He breaks up and goes wildly off key in the choruses. The only one that knows what he's doing is atom! The good news is after that first song the set went nicely, apart from dexter's voice straying from key occasionally, as it does.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, I'll try find an mp3 of it. It's truly shocking, especially from the offspring.

neocon58
07-12-2005, 01:23 AM
after listening to it again, it's actually dexters voice is really bad, the guitars arent in a different key.

and the noodles solo and ending riff are in a different key = shit.

The-Offspring-RuLe
07-12-2005, 01:29 AM
It would be cool if you could find that mp3, i'm dying to hear it now

Dexter_H
07-12-2005, 01:31 AM
KAA isn't nearlly as bad as hit that.

Dead Cheerleader
07-12-2005, 02:16 AM
I heard that Dexter actually turned around and yelled to Atom, "What the fuck?!" after the first song or something. It was probably Atom's fault.

Punk_Conspiracy
07-12-2005, 03:06 AM
KROQ Acoustic Christmas is a festival of rapid fire, where bands go on one after another, and they don't get time to soundcheck or anything. I'd heard there was some disaster with the recording, and the band didn't have the time to stop and fix their instruments or something along the lines of those. But yeah, Dexter was really out of tune from what I've heard of that recording.

Submit more please.

neocon58
07-12-2005, 03:18 AM
ive only got a really crappy version of the concert in asf format where the screen fucks up every 5 seconds. after all i want and tkaa the screen fucks up so i cant see what dexter is doing. but only a second or so after tkaa finishes dexter is back on the mic.

neocon58
07-12-2005, 03:19 AM
the fault in hit that wasn't atoms fault at all. he was in perfect timing. the synthesizer fucked up, which i believe is higgins fault.

Little_Miss_1565
07-12-2005, 05:49 AM
If this was 2003, then it wasn't Atom's fault at all...he wasn't in the band yet.

Dead Cheerleader
07-12-2005, 06:30 AM
Yeah I think he was. And I was thinking about the Weenie Roast, apologies.

Dexter_H
07-12-2005, 06:45 AM
I have the concert in dodgy video and mp3. Hit That is terrible, they basically stop. Greg and Atom both screw up (yes Atom).

Zee
07-12-2005, 07:02 AM
It was a fun show to hear, I remember watching the live broadcast on the internet...

First of all, the backing vocals volumes are really high, it's fun to listen to Noodles' work on those, heh.

And yeah, TKAA is pretty much out of tune but it's cool to hear songs they really screw up for a change... :) Not the band's fault though, that happens when busy schedule....

Hit That was Higgins' fault, not Atom's.

Idiot
07-12-2005, 07:56 AM
Yeah, I've got that concert lying around somewhere on CD I think, also shitty asf format. If I find it I'll upload the audio.

Manic subsidal
07-12-2005, 08:17 AM
I heard that Dexter actually turned around and yelled to Atom, "What the fuck?!" after the first song or something. It was probably Atom's fault.

Dexter always blaming it on the new drummer :(

Haha I heard that whole set though. Yeah TKAA was really bad, it was cool how they started off though.

notoriousdoc
07-12-2005, 08:37 AM
I've got an MP3 of them at the KROQ thingy doing Pretty fly with Vanilla ice

Manic subsidal
07-12-2005, 11:46 AM
I've got an MP3 of them at the KROQ thingy doing Pretty fly with Vanilla ice

That one was awesome, even better than offspring performing original prankster with that rapper on mtv.