PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with Co1???

Hypodermic_89
07-12-2005, 05:41 AM
I've noticed that many people here have said that Co1 "totally sucks, is a shitty Offspring album, Isn't Offspring style".. What's so wrong with this one? It has Come out swinging: great punk song with fast riffs and stuff. Million Miles Away: also a fast riff song. Vultures: very similar to Dirty Magic, and Dirty Magic is one of the best songs the Offspring has made, One Fine Day: Very happy song about spending time with friends, riots and stuff. very punkstyle. Conspiracy Of One: A fast riff, political song. Dammit, I changed again: ALSO a very fast punk song. You're saying that this CD, with very fast punksongs, isn't Offspring style?

everyone who DO NOT like Co1, tell me what's wrong with it.

Thank you

punk_riOt
07-12-2005, 05:42 AM
I think i've read a thread about this before but...

there's nothing wrong with CO1, i love it, i think it's awesome.

killer_queen
07-12-2005, 05:46 AM
Nothing, it's a great album.

Preecey
07-12-2005, 05:47 AM
I've seen people play it down, too. That's not right, I think it's awesome. I was addicted to it for almost a year, and even now I listen to it at least twice a week. Special Delivery, Want You Bad and Million Miles Away are some of my favourite Offspring songs.

The-Offspring-RuLe
07-12-2005, 05:51 AM
I love CO1 one of their best

Mota___Boy
07-12-2005, 05:59 AM
It's just too polished for my tastes, I still listen to it but not asmuch as the first two. I always like the first albums a band does cos they sound kinda dirty and rough.
I also feel the song writting isn't up to Dexters usual standard of 'every ones a gem' like with the earlier albums. Still some fantastic songs on there but more duffers than i would like.
Still thats what makes music the greatest thing mankind ever got round to.
Variety.
Some like it some don't.
Choice rules.

Hypodermic_89
07-12-2005, 07:12 AM
Check out these posts:

Conspiracy Of One
This album brings the question, what the fuck happened? This album is not at all Offspring style and it's barely even good. It's songs aren't bad, but this album contins none of the best songs.

"This album is not at all Offspring style" WTF Does That Mean!?

Nah, easily CO1, that totally sucks.

Totally sucks?? What the fuck is wrong with Co1?!?

co1 is offsprigns worst album!!!

By putting those three !'s in the end makes me think that you really HATE the CD..

That_Guy91
07-12-2005, 07:18 AM
lol i just realized im listening to it right now

WebDudette
07-12-2005, 07:19 AM
Every ones entitled to there opinion i think its one of the worste albums I still like it but its not as good as the others except Splinter its a bit better then that.

Autonomist
07-12-2005, 07:45 AM
Only one question mark is really needed in this thread title, thanks.

platinumpt
07-12-2005, 07:49 AM
CO1 is GREAT! I think I'm being repetitive or something, I've answered a thread like this before I guess. But anyway, I don't care, I'll mark my position ehehe

I LOVE CO1!!! It's one of their best!!!

HeadAroundU
07-12-2005, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack the Tripper
Conspiracy Of One
This album brings the question, what the fuck happened? This album is not at all Offspring style and it's barely even good. It's songs aren't bad, but this album contins none of the best songs.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
He is retarded..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr
He has everything messed up in music. He doesn't have own opinion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileemptysoul44
I don't know him but he is wrong cause every offspring album has the same quality.

Rexisfed
07-12-2005, 09:59 AM
I love CO1 one of their best

Conspiracy Of One is their best album. Come Out Swinging, Original Prankster, Million Miles Away, Want You Bad, One Fine Day, Huck It, and the self titled track are all excellent songs, and the rest is good too, just not as impressive as those.

Pilau
07-12-2005, 10:40 AM
Co1 is my fave next to Ignition. The drumming is great and there is a great mix of songs. It beats Americana and Splinter hands down!

Obviously the first four albums are the untouchables tho!

Tired_Of_You
07-12-2005, 11:07 AM
None of the songs on this album are my favorite. Original Prankster, One Fine Day and All Along are songs that I just don't really like. It's the only Offspring album where there are so many Offspring songs I don't like. The songs don't appeal to me as much as the others. I don't know what to tell you, it's like that. I really think it's their worst album.

0r4ng3
07-12-2005, 11:12 AM
Obviously the first four albums are the untouchables tho!
If you're trying to give them a high opinion, you obviously don't know how to use the word "untouchables".

Piedude
07-12-2005, 11:13 AM
I get the feeling im one of the few fans of "All Along".
I think its a great album. I had to re-discover it after about a year of not playing it though...

Jojan
07-12-2005, 11:38 AM
Why does people bother and care what everyone else think?

thecrowe72000
07-12-2005, 11:55 AM
I think Americana's the best, but I still love CO1. And people always care what others think in my experience.

fockuman05
07-12-2005, 12:01 PM
the problem is the the offspring did something different as a punk band and it back fired in ther faces. i agree it is a good album Co1 but there are a lot of thing wrong with it

Brines
07-12-2005, 12:23 PM
You guys are in denial. And no, not everything they do has the same quality. The songs on Co1 are all pretty average, IMO. None of them are my favorites, but none are my least favorites. The only good thing that came from Co1 was the cover art.

Kerr
07-12-2005, 12:28 PM
Totally sucks?? What the fuck is wrong with Co1?!?

Ok, so I exaggerated a little, but I do dislike it. It used to be my fave, when I preferred all the pop songs, but now I prefer the older stuff, I just think the style of the album is crap, and way too poppy.

Offspring-Fanatic
07-12-2005, 12:47 PM
i love CO1, Original Prankster and Want You Bad are good, but they dont compare to Million Miles Away, Come Out Swinging, and Dammit I Changed Again.

I was gonna buy it yesterday, but I bought Ixnay on the Hombre instead...did I make a wise decision?

Manic subsidal
07-12-2005, 12:54 PM
Ha... I like everything EXCEPT the cover art for co1. I don't know, I just find that flaming skull thing kind of lame. I totally prefer smash or ixnay cover art. Anyways, I love co1. This album sounds more alternative rock-ish which I think is great.

FFX-ME
07-12-2005, 12:55 PM
its one of my favs i love it

Nirushika6789
07-12-2005, 01:12 PM
I get the feeling im one of the few fans of "All Along".

No i like all along too... come out swinging, living in chaos, conspiracy of one, vultures are great. All of them are....
Does no one else like denial, revisted??
i know its slow but still.. i think its good :)

pretty_fly_white_guy858
07-12-2005, 01:37 PM
the problem is the the offspring did something different as a punk band and it back fired in ther faces. i agree it is a good album Co1 but there are a lot of thing wrong with it

Then whats wrong with it

FFX-ME
07-12-2005, 01:38 PM
they turned pop a bit

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
07-12-2005, 01:40 PM
THANK YOU. Conspiracy Of One is terribly underrated. I think it's their best album of the "newer" era. It far surpasses Splinter and is just slightly better than Americana. I love it alot. Fuck you haters.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
07-12-2005, 01:41 PM
Yeah. A little. Its one of my favorite albums. But he said theres a lot wrong with it. And I wanna know whats wrong with it. Because he didnt explain anything.

FFX-ME
07-12-2005, 01:42 PM
THANK YOU. Conspiracy Of One is terribly underrated. I think it's their best album of the "newer" era. It far surpasses Splinter and is just slightly better than Americana. I love it alot. Fuck you haters.

i agree americana is one of my least favorites

Kerr
07-12-2005, 01:45 PM

No need to have a go at me just because my opinion varies from yours.

Gayman
07-12-2005, 04:27 PM
Love co1...second best after ixnay.

platinumpt
07-12-2005, 05:04 PM
i love CO1, Original Prankster and Want You Bad are good, but they dont compare to Million Miles Away, Come Out Swinging, and Dammit I Changed Again.

I was gonna buy it yesterday, but I bought Ixnay on the Hombre instead...did I make a wise decision?
If it wasn't possible to buy both of them, then you made a wise decision. First reason: Ixnay is one of the best (even though CO1 is too :P); second reason: it's older than CO1, therefore most likely to sell out, as it did in my country, but this doesn't matter as I have it for years!

So, now you have like, what, 2 Offspring CDs in your collection??

Aimeht
07-12-2005, 05:11 PM
Nothing's wrong with it.

Jack the Tripper
07-12-2005, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack the Tripper
Conspiracy Of One
He is retarded..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileemptysoul44
I don't know him but he is wrong cause every offspring album has the same quality.
This could possibly be the stupidest post ever made on this whole forum. I wonder how people can stand being as dumb as the fag that posted this shit.

OffspringerD@n
07-12-2005, 05:36 PM
ppl who say that Conspiracy of one is bad are jackasses. this is a great cd. great songs and great videos

noodler
07-12-2005, 06:54 PM
Splinter=CO1>americana

Splinter has slightly better songs but is too short with neocon and when your in rpison.

MMA is one of my avourite all time songs. Whilst Denial revisited so was "different"

HeadAroundU
07-12-2005, 07:07 PM
This could possibly be the stupidest post ever made on this whole forum. I wonder how people can stand being as dumb as the fag that posted this shit.
THIS SECTION IS ONLY FOR HARDCORE FANS!!!
IF SOMEBODY IS SAYING THAT ALBUM "SUCKS" HE HAS NO REASON TO BE HERE!

pretty_fly_white_guy858
07-12-2005, 08:02 PM
Agreed.......

sneedo
07-12-2005, 11:52 PM
I don't think CO1 holds up to time

undesiredhope17
07-13-2005, 12:49 AM
Co1, while its 5th if I were to list the offspring albums in order of my favorate to least favorate, doesn't mean that its a bad album. Of all the gimmicky lead singles, Original Prankster is the only one I actually like. Want You Bad, Million Miles Away, Vultures, All Along, and Come Out Swinging are my personal favorates. Like most of the offspring albums above it, I can listen to this one all the way through without skipping a song (Americana the exception, pretty fly is always skipped, and that is my favorate offspring album). I admit, this album took the longest to grow on me, but its a pretty damn good album.

Hypodermic_89
07-13-2005, 02:24 AM

Very mature, dude. instead of being a dick you could explain why you think Co1 isn't "Offspring style"

Amazed
07-13-2005, 09:17 AM
No i like all along too... come out swinging, living in chaos, conspiracy of one, vultures are great. All of them are....
Does no one else like denial, revisted??
i know its slow but still.. i think its good :)

I like denial, revisited :) I like the whole album CO1.

Piedude
07-13-2005, 09:37 AM
If anyone has basic sound editing stuff and want to try something stupid, up the tempo of Vultures 30% then reverse the whole song, catchy as fuck....one of the chorus lines sounds like "What it is" i think...well I like it anyway...

Jinger Joe
07-13-2005, 09:44 AM
i love co1. its my fave after americana.
come out swinging - great
original prankster - very good
want u bad - great
million miles away - rocks
dammit, i changed again - great
living in chaos - very good
special delivery - great
one fine day - fuckin rocks. almost their best song ever
all along - great
denial, revisited - great
vultures - very good
self titled - great
all together, its brilliant

jrk247
07-13-2005, 11:40 AM
I've heard tons of people say CO1 is the offsprings worst album, but I've heard that about Splinter, Americana and all the albums! People have different oppinions. But, I like CO1, in fact Million Miles Away was the first offspring song I heard and is what got me hooked on the offspring and which has made me buy all the albums and has made me a fan!

jrk247
07-13-2005, 11:42 AM
Also I heard a lot of people say they only listen to the first half of the album.

I personally can only listen to the first part of the album until the "sound of it" gets old.

Jack the Tripper
07-13-2005, 02:24 PM
WHEN DID I EVER SAY IT SUCKED?
WHY ARE WE TYPING IN CAPITAL LETTERs?

nameless
07-13-2005, 03:17 PM
i wouldnt say its a terrible album, but its my least favourite by far!

Lithuanian Offspring
07-13-2005, 03:17 PM
Dammit I Changed Again is my fav song. The Album is awesome man.

cantrepeat4385
07-13-2005, 03:44 PM
i havent herd it yet :( can somone instant message it to me at weezer4385 :D thanks

Rancid_Guyxxx
07-13-2005, 04:43 PM
CO1 isn't a bad album, it's just I find that most of there other albums are better, except for splinter.

Kerr
07-13-2005, 04:47 PM
ppl who say that Conspiracy of one is bad are jackasses
But it is an opinion, and everyone is entitled to one of their own. I wouldn't complain to you if you were to say the Offspring's self titled was crap (and you probably wouldn't).

I did use to really like it, but I got very bored of it and the poppy nature of it. Although there are a few decent songs and they aren't all pop, the novelty of the album still wore off a lot for me. Now it is my least fave, even though it used to be one of my faves.

Kerr
07-13-2005, 04:48 PM
i wouldnt say its a terrible album, but its my least favourite by far!
Exactly. Like I said, I exaggerated when I said it TOTALLY sucks, but even though on its own it might not be THAT bad, compared to their others it is pretty poor. Only some people here just can't accept other people's opinions, which I find really pathetic.

endlesst0m
07-13-2005, 09:56 PM
why the fuck is Huck It on only some Conspiracy of one CD'S? that really pisses me off. Offspring thought they would be cool and only have it on some of the CD's but really it was a dumb move, another good punk song was just what that CD needed.

Theres nothing cool about taking a good song off an album.

Jack the Tripper
07-15-2005, 07:54 AM
I never said it sucked. I just said it wasn't the best. I'll just make a summary of CO1.

Intro- Best intro of all albums

Come Out Swinging- Awesome song, but not near as good as Come Out And Play

Original Prankster- One of the best, but gets old eventually

Want You Bad- Not bad, but I don't care for it

Million Miles Away- Very awesome song. Not in my top 10 but it's in my top 20

Dammit, I Changed Again- Cool, different style song. I acually realy like this song now that I come to think about it

Living In A Chaos- I used to have this song in my top 10, but it got old eventually. Now it's in my top 50 though. I was bored enough to put all of the Offspring songs from least best to best.

Special Delivery- Not the best, not the worst either.

One Fine Day- Awesome, fun song. It used to be in my top 20, but I got tired of listening to it eventually.

All Along- Not a bad song, but not as good as the rest of the Offspring songs.

Denial, Revisted- Really good for a slow song. I used to like it, but then I made a pardoy of it and my parody kind of killed the emotion of the original.

Vultures- I only just started to consider this one of the best songs recently. I don't know why. This song is now in my top 20.

Conspiracy Of One- This song is at #21 in my top 50

Hypodermic_89
07-15-2005, 08:55 AM
I never said it sucked. I just said it wasn't the best. I'll just make a summary of CO1.

Intro- Best intro of all albums

Come Out Swinging- Awesome song, but not near as good as Come Out And Play

Original Prankster- One of the best, but gets old eventually

Want You Bad- Not bad, but I don't care for it

Million Miles Away- Very awesome song. Not in my top 10 but it's in my top 20

Dammit, I Changed Again- Cool, different style song. I acually realy like this song now that I come to think about it

Living In A Chaos- I used to have this song in my top 10, but it got old eventually. Now it's in my top 50 though. I was bored enough to put all of the Offspring songs from least best to best.

Special Delivery- Not the best, not the worst either.

One Fine Day- Awesome, fun song. It used to be in my top 20, but I got tired of listening to it eventually.

All Along- Not a bad song, but not as good as the rest of the Offspring songs.

Denial, Revisted- Really good for a slow song. I used to like it, but then I made a pardoy of it and my parody kind of killed the emotion of the original.

Vultures- I only just started to consider this one of the best songs recently. I don't know why. This song is now in my top 20.

Conspiracy Of One- This song is at #21 in my top 50

so what makes it "not Offspring style"?

The-Offspring-RuLe
07-15-2005, 08:57 AM
Every Offspring Album is unique, you either hate it or love it...i love it