PDA

View Full Version : If The Offspring didn't exist, would you still be here at these forums?

Manic subsidal
07-12-2005, 08:54 AM
Imagine if this forum had absolutely nothing to do with The Offspring, and you don't even know who the Offspring are. Or how about they don't even exist? Would you still come here and chat about whatever? (except offspring of course)

These would be the only forums available for you:

-General Chat
-Politics
-Your Band
-Other Bands

The reason why I'm asking such a dumb question is because I always see tons of members, with thousands of posts, on this forum that I've never even heard of before. I mean yeah, duh... I can't know everyone here, but it's kind of ridiculous when you have over freaking 5,000 posts and I've never seen a single post of yours in Offspring general discussion. It feels like some people don't even care much for The Offspring and they just live off in the general chat forum.

So once again, my question is - Pretend like the offspring don't exist, would you still post here for general chat and other non-related Offspring topics? Yes or no? And tell why.

My answer would be no way in hell because I already post in another forum site for "general chat". Seriously, two forums are enough of me. One for my favorite band and the other for music/games/and all that other crap I like. I just can't stand spending more than an hour or two on the Internet.

notoriousdoc
07-12-2005, 09:25 AM
No, because it wouldn't exist

CSX
07-12-2005, 09:28 AM
This poll is biased towards No because people who stick to the Off Topic boards wont see it :rolleyes:

I definitely wouldn't be here, this is the only board I use.

notoriousdoc
07-12-2005, 09:31 AM
This is such a stupid thread, where's the mods when you need 'em?

The-Offspring-RuLe
07-12-2005, 09:35 AM
They will keep it open, some people might be intrested

notoriousdoc
07-12-2005, 09:37 AM
But it wouldn't exist! If The Offspring didn't exist there wouldn't be an Offspring forum!

The-Offspring-RuLe
07-12-2005, 09:41 AM
I mean this thread...not the damn 'if there wasnt an Offspring forum'

Preecey
07-12-2005, 09:48 AM
Well, obviously, if there was no Offspring there would be no forum for the Offspring. Therefore I wouldn't be here. I would be conquering the world, or destroying the world, or both.

Manic subsidal
07-12-2005, 10:17 AM
I really don't care if this thread gets closed, but I'd kind of like to just see a few more people vote on this just to get the idea. Because really, do some people here don't even listen to the offspring?

And god dammit, no, pretend the offspring don't exist but this forum still does with only the general chat, politics, your band, and other bands topics. Whatever, Just fucking vote.

Preecey
07-12-2005, 10:19 AM
Well, if it was only about the forums and not the Offspring (however that would work :rolleyes: ) then I reckon that I'd still be here because there are some great people to talk to. But I would have probably gone to Iron Maiden's board instead in the first place.

Do they have one?

fockuman05
07-12-2005, 10:28 AM
you so F@cking stupid that was the most dumbist questions

Jackish
07-12-2005, 10:33 AM
Dont worry I understand what you mean't, and yes, I would still be/post here.

nameless
07-12-2005, 01:54 PM
i wouldnt be here as like everyone else, id have no reason to even look up this website!

FFX-ME
07-12-2005, 01:56 PM
the forum wouldnt exist dude. cuz its at offspring.com

Aimeht
07-12-2005, 02:27 PM
No, I wouldn't be here then.

Jack the Tripper
07-12-2005, 02:31 PM
These are Offspring forums, if Offspring didn't exist why the hell would these forums exist?

Manic subsidal
07-12-2005, 04:22 PM
Meh whatever.. I'm sick of repeating myself.

I definitely should of posted this in General chat, it would probably get a lot more people who would choose to stay. What I'm wondering though is why? Is general chat that fun? To me, it just seems like a place to go for flames and then wait for a person to reply back to your thread who's talking/spelling is like this for example -

you so F@cking stupid that was the most dumbist questions

I don't know, I would just much rather go to a different forum if I wanted to talk about things in general. The other forum I go to is pretty cool. Most people there are at least 15 years old and have the intelligence not to use shorthand talk. We also actually contribute something to the thread. Shitty posts will be gone. My favorite thing is you get paid to post. I bought some freaking weapons with all the money I got :cool:

Anyways, ok I'm pretty much done bragging in this thread. Guess what guys? The offspring are back and they exist! Yay everyone's happy :)

platinumpt
07-12-2005, 04:29 PM
No, I wouldn't be here!

I've never been in other forums before, and I'm only into this one because I really love The Offspring. So, if they didn't exist (and I can't imagine how my life would be in that case!!!!!!!!), I wouldn't be here. Nuff said.

ashtray_girl_1
07-12-2005, 05:15 PM
i know what you meant, and i prolly wouldn't be here

leibstandarte109
07-12-2005, 05:22 PM
Nope. But then again I'm not here much anyway.