PDA

View Full Version : Offspring TRUE fans

OffspringerD@n
07-12-2005, 04:54 PM
I´m sick of reading threads of ppl talking bad about The Offspring. There are some ppl saying that the albums are bad, others are saying that the videos are crap, others say that the offspring are going down since Smash :mad:
Do YOU think that everyone who are saying this stuff are TRUE offspring fans??? I don´t , and I think that ppl should shut up about how offspring make mistakes and such.
I really hope that I am not the only one who thinks this.

Rancid_Guyxxx
07-12-2005, 04:59 PM
Your not. It's a shame to hear this kind of stuff but then again its what makes the boards interesting

Noodles is gay
07-12-2005, 05:00 PM
I must say that I disagree; 'true' fans should be able to critisize (sp?) constructively because that's how the band can improve etc. Sycophantic idiots who go round saying they love everything by the band are a bit pathetic really - everything has its faults and as much as people can love the band there will obviously be some things about them which they dislike.

Basically, it’s all based on people’s opinions – everyone likes different things and although they may love the band there is bound to be things which they don’t like. They should be able to state and discuss their opinions without being called ‘fake fans’.

And sorry about the rambling, I'm totally not here right now.. :o

OffspringerD@n
07-12-2005, 05:11 PM
Well yeah, sure. But ppl shouldnt keep saying " The most boring video ever" and "mistakes the offspring make" and ect. If you had a band, and in the bbs of your site, you would read a lot of forums saying bad stuff about you, would you like it? would you just try and fix the problem and not feel anything? Why do ppl say that Dexter is a "jerk"? why do they say that he is fat? I think that you are right that ppl should express their opinions and everything, but until now, I havn´t seen almost anyone sticking up to the offspring and defend them in the forums that say bad stuff.
that´s wrong and we should fix it

Revolver-2005?
07-12-2005, 05:15 PM
dumb ass, people who sit there and just say everything the offspring does is other worldly and godly arent really going to help them have incentive to get better at what they do.

platinumpt
07-12-2005, 05:23 PM
... and they also say Noodles is gay... damn poor guy, he must feel really bad if he reads this crap... and even worse: in that poll about the hottest chick of the "Can't Repeat" video, Atom is struggling for the 2nd place!!! That's awful lol :cool:

Anyway, I think some people exagerate in the way they criticize The Offspring... but Noodles is gay is right, I think everyone of us should have at least something to criticize our band, not everything is perfect... or it would get boring, sooner or later!

For instance, I don't agree with the track list for the GH... some great singles have been forgotten, I don't know why... like I Choose, or Million Miles Away...

I also didn't agree with the singles' choice at the time of CO1, I think that OP was a crappy choice. Maybe if they started with Want You Bad, and followed with Million Miles Away or Denial, Revisited, I bet the album would have much more success... OP gave a wrong idea of The Offspring were starting to be poppy... which isn't true...

Of course other fans have their own ideas, and don't agree with me, but hey, we're here in this forum to discuss, right?

Noodles is gay
07-12-2005, 05:24 PM
^ exactly. However, I have already explained to Noodles that the 'gay' was meant in the archaic sense; ie. Noodles is carefree and merry :p

would you just try and fix the problem and not feel anything?

Well yeah I would.

I think that you are right that ppl should express their opinions and everything, but until now, I havn´t seen almost anyone sticking up to the offspring and defend them in the forums that say bad stuff.
that´s wrong and we should fix it

People do 'defend' them where necessery, but if it's someone's opinion that Dexter looked fat in the Da Hui video then he can't be 'defended' against that. And the same with any other opinion. This forum is to 'Talk about The Offspring' which is usually what happens. Note that it isn't 'praise how great the Offsrping are' because yeah...

Jack the Tripper
07-12-2005, 05:24 PM
This place is turning into an Emo forum with all this complaing and crying.

ashtray_girl_1
07-12-2005, 06:26 PM
This place is turning into an Emo forum with all this complaing and crying.
heh, i agree...
i don't care if people here complain about the offspring, it is their right to like or not to like a vid/song/record or whatever
personaly, i LOVE the offspring (their songs/vids/lyrics) and who they are (or i think they are )as people!they are my favourite band of all times and i think i'm one of the TRUE offspring fans.
thats all for now.thanks.

HeadAroundU
07-12-2005, 07:23 PM
I must say that I disagree; 'true' fans should be able to critisize (sp?) constructively because that's how the band can improve etc. Sycophantic idiots who go round saying they love everything by the band are a bit pathetic really - everything has its faults and as much as people can love the band there will obviously be some things about them which they dislike.

Basically, it’s all based on people’s opinions – everyone likes different things and although they may love the band there is bound to be things which they don’t like. They should be able to state and discuss their opinions without being called ‘fake fans’.

And sorry about the rambling, I'm totally not here right now.. :o

Nah, easily CO1, that totally sucks.
That was constructive?! :D

That_Guy91
07-12-2005, 10:38 PM
of course peole think they read this "shit". you know why? THEY DO!!! ever notice that noodles posts in here sometimes?