PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else think it would be cool if...

punk_riOt
07-12-2005, 08:58 PM
If Offspring went back to an indie label? not a shit one just a decent one...not that it's gonna happen, it'd make me feel like i love them so much more if they weren't mainstream anymore like a couple of years ago, just so they seem more special or something i guess, and kinda going back to their roots, y'know?

Little_Miss_1565
07-12-2005, 09:23 PM
Oh, come now. I'm interning for an independent label right now, and my loyalties lie 100% with that label and all indies everywhere. The Offspring could possibly benefit by going back to an independent label, sure--but that's ultimately their decision. Indies may offer more "cred," but they can't always back that up with cash. Less cash means less advertising and promotion for the record, and much MUCH more limited tours.

Actually, I'm not sure there's an indie out there right now that could support The Offspring. They're a pretty major international act, whose records sell in the hundreds of thousands, not thousands as the vast majority of indies are accustomed to.

And saying you'd love them more if they weren't on major? That seems a bit na´ve.

punk_riOt
07-12-2005, 09:26 PM
Oh, come now. I'm interning for an independent label right now, and my loyalties lie 100% with that label and all indies everywhere. The Offspring could possibly benefit by going back to an independent label, sure--but that's ultimately their decision. Indies may offer more "cred," but they can't always back that up with cash. Less cash means less advertising and promotion for the record, and much MUCH more limited tours.

Actually, I'm not sure there's an indie out there right now that could support The Offspring. They're a pretty major international act, whose records sell in the hundreds of thousands, not thousands as the vast majority of indies are accustomed to.

And saying you'd love them more if they weren't on major? That seems a bit na´ve.

Yeah actually i probably phrased that wrong, i meant like they'd seem more special to me in a way, hmm don't even know how to explain it really!

And btw could Nitro support them?

Marit
07-12-2005, 11:27 PM

Zomba should be more than capable of supporting them. For those of you who are too punk to know this, Zomba have put out records by the likes of Britney Spears, N*Sync and Backstreet Boys (and the last time I checked, they where independent).

I do however doubt that anyone would find them more "special" for sharing label with those people.

platinumpt
07-13-2005, 01:05 AM
No, let The Offspring stay where they are!!! Little miss 1565 is right, I guess, they would tour much less... and that means the probability of me seeing them again live would be MUCH LOWER, 'cause I don't live in USA, or UK, or a country that contributes a lot for their sales.

Little_Miss_1565
07-13-2005, 09:10 AM
Yeah actually i probably phrased that wrong, i meant like they'd seem more special to me in a way, hmm don't even know how to explain it really!

And btw could Nitro support them?

Nitro couldn't support AFI once they really started blowing up.

I really don't think "specialness" has anything to do with what label a band is on.

Jinger Joe
07-13-2005, 11:15 AM
sorry, but i just dont give a toss what label their on, i just want em 2 cary on making great music.

blackballs
07-13-2005, 12:25 PM
Does it really matter what label their on? Do you honestly think that if that went back on Epitaph or went on Nitro that would instantly start shitting out awesome records? People concentrate to much on a bands label instead of the important things like the music, duh. I think any band going on a major label is good because they get better access to recording equipment and etc, so stop concentrating on the fact that The Backstreet Boys may be on the same label as your favorite band and just worry about the music.