PDA

View Full Version : Im fucking dissapointed

noodlesdec25
11-13-2004, 04:24 PM
Well dudes im very very dissapointed of u guys.....i see very negative posts......u guys have changed alot....when splinter came out u guys where very exited about it and almos all posts where about it....many of u said that splinter was the best offspring album....but now that they are touring u guys say thet offspring is a pice of crap and only post about how good where old albums and how shitty is splinter.

For all of u guys that feel indentificated for what im saying FUCK U STUPID GODDAMIT MOTHERFUCKES AND GET OFF THIS FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nitropenguin!
11-13-2004, 06:46 PM
I like you :) That's exactly what I try to point out all the time... but I try not to make a big deal cuz some here get mad easily.

*Thinks of adding noodlesdec25 to buddy list*

Sixpence.
11-13-2004, 06:52 PM
I like you :) That's exactly what I try to point out all the time... but I try not to make a big deal cuz some here get mad easily.

Exactly the same goes for me.

Fej87
11-13-2004, 06:53 PM
That makes 4 of us.

noodlesdec25
11-13-2004, 07:02 PM
DuDES im glad tere is still people like u on this forum(real fans)

nitropenguin!
11-13-2004, 07:04 PM
*Offspring fan till the end*

They'll keep me happy no matter what they decide to do.

Sixpence.
11-13-2004, 07:04 PM
There are even a few more people who think the same like us bout Splinter. Sketch for example. My best friend! Yeaheah!

scream
11-13-2004, 09:12 PM
Gotta back up the "The Offspring = favorite band ever" vibe.

greencows12
11-13-2004, 09:26 PM
I like everything they did, I think people who liked them back in the early 90's and don't like them anymore should stop complaining, cause The Offspring can't stick to the same thing forever, if they did, them and everyone else would probably want something new anyways.:D

empty_mind
11-14-2004, 08:40 AM
if they don't like offspring why do they bother coming 2 the site?!
:confused:

RonWelty
11-14-2004, 08:42 AM
something to change
something to brake :D

why not try to create an offspring scan ? :P like a virus scan !

too_close_to_see
11-14-2004, 09:25 AM
What the fuck?! Splinter was a pretty poor album. Just cause they are your favourite band doesn't mean you can't complain bout the album.

bouncingcoles
11-14-2004, 10:21 AM
*Offspring fan till the end*

They'll keep me happy no matter what they decide to do.

hell ya. i love every offspring album. iv been supporting them for 10 years as a loyal fan and i will support them no matter what album they put out. and i like splinter a lot.

OFFSPRING FANS UNITE!!!!!

ClamsHaveFeelingsToo
11-14-2004, 11:30 AM
Well, fuck you too.

I do believe Offspring is a great band, some of their past records are awesome. But I'll also say that I think Splinter and Conspiracy are fucking half-assed mediocre records.

I'm still a fan of the band, but that doesn't mean I can't be critical about their work. What pisses me off is rabid fucking fanboys who say "The Offspring is my favorite band, so they could pretty much take a shit in a CD jewel case and mass produce it and I'LL BE HAPPY!"

There's nothing wrong with having a critical view of an artists' work. Grow the fuck up.

fairy call
11-14-2004, 12:04 PM
^once again, you made sense (that was you in the other topic too wasnt it?)

Well dudes im very very dissapointed of u guys.....i see very negative posts......u guys have changed alot....when splinter came out u guys where very exited about it and almos all posts where about it....many of u said that splinter was the best offspring album....but now that they are touring u guys say thet offspring is a pice of crap and only post about how good where old albums and how shitty is splinter.

For all of u guys that feel indentificated for what im saying FUCK U STUPID GODDAMIT MOTHERFUCKES AND GET OFF THIS FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you hate the people who don't like the newer stuff? Come on, whats wrong with people having another opinion than you? It's not cause you like some albums of a band that you have to like everything they do. Some people have another taste than you, get over it.

ClamsHaveFeelingsToo
11-14-2004, 03:47 PM
Yes, that was me in the other thread.

It's not as much as me making sense but other people not making sense.

Marit
11-14-2004, 03:55 PM
I was never particularly exited about Splinter.

sumrandumpunk
11-14-2004, 03:55 PM
Ya know... if I was a little nicer I wouldn't say this... but I will because I feel like it... FUCK YOU!! Is change in their albums wrong? (I don't think that they're that different.) You retarded people call yourselves fans and yet you still bitch about their albums? If you were a true fan you wouldnt hate any of them! I don't, I'll admit I havent been around for long enough to say I spent 10 years of liking them (because I'd be six when I first liked them in that case) but I still like all of their music... and I don't bitch about any of it.

ClamsHaveFeelingsToo
11-14-2004, 04:51 PM
Ya know... if I was a little nicer I wouldn't say this... but I will because I feel like it... FUCK YOU!! Is change in their albums wrong? (I don't think that they're that different.) You retarded people call yourselves fans and yet you still bitch about their albums? If you were a true fan you wouldnt hate any of them! I don't, I'll admit I havent been around for long enough to say I spent 10 years of liking them (because I'd be six when I first liked them in that case) but I still like all of their music... and I don't bitch about any of it.

Oh, we're RETARDED? How about this, numbnuts? SPLINTER IS A HALFASSED FUCKING ALBUM BECAUSE IT HAS 3 GREAT SONGS (The Noose, Lightning Rod and Head Around You), 6 MEDIOCRE ONES (Da Hui, Hit That, Race Against Myself, Long Way Home, Never Gonna Find Me, Spare Me The Details) ONE THAT'S JUST PLAN AWFUL (The Worst Hangover Ever) AND TWO FILLER TRACKS (Neocon and When You're In Prison) FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF 10 REAL SONGS AND 32 MINUTES WORTH OF MUSIC. FOR 15 DOLLARS. NO, THANK YOU..

Change is GOOD. I EMBRACE change. That's precisely the problem. SPLINTER is an unimaginative record, there's nothing new or exciting about it other than the bouncy synth line in Hit That. They basically took it upon themselves to work the Americana formula to death. Yeah, that's basically it... Americana Part 2. Conspiracy of One shows the same lack of depth, but at least they compensated with a little, a LITTLE compositional complexity and good production.

But I do think AMERICANA is a great album. It has good riffs, good hooks, good lyrics and great melodies. Some of the choruses in Americana are the best I've heard any punk rock band do. And Americana is one of the records that brought me into the music world full-time. And I love Ixnay. I love Smash. I think IGNITION is one of the greatest albums ever recorded by a punk band. And I think the self titled is pretty fucking awesome, even if it does sound a little too much like TSOL at times.

GASP! HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?
CAN ONE PERSON REALLY... OH MY GOD... LIKE A BAND BUT AT THE SAME TIME BE CRITICAL OF THEIR WORK?!?!?

OMG LIKE NO!!

Dumbass. Grow the fuck up. Learn to accept that no band is ever flawless, especially Offspring, and they'll be first to admit their shortcomings. This forum is full of people who don't even like Offspring anymore. I do. I just don't think their past 2 records have been up to par with their previous material. But it is THEIR RIGHT, as much as yours, to be in this forum. OPINIONS, man, OPINIONS.

Of course, if you're dumb enough to never have an opinion about anything The Offspring or any of your favorite bands produces, then the concept of "Opinions" itself might go over your head.

It's all subjective, innit?

Pryncess
11-14-2004, 04:58 PM
o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0oo0o............YAY!

lousyskater
11-15-2004, 03:47 AM
something to change
something to brake :D

am i the only one who noticed the Pennywise quote?
________
Pattaya realty (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

Offspring_01
11-15-2004, 06:12 AM
Splinter is a great album! The Offspring are my favorite band now and will always be my favorite band. They kick everyones ass :D

MirandaV
11-15-2004, 08:02 AM
When people say I dont like splinter and c01 it makes me die a little inside, but I do have got to agree with that.

He I really dont think that splinter was a kind of americana 2, nay..

samr
11-15-2004, 08:11 AM
Splinter ain't that bad, just too short. they needed like 10 more minutes.

offspring4ever
11-15-2004, 08:47 AM
Every album is different and has it's own sound. Yeah, splinter is short, maybe they should have added one more track. But still it's fucking great.

Kitten
11-15-2004, 08:53 AM
Well, fuck you too.

I do believe Offspring is a great band, some of their past records are awesome. But I'll also say that I think Splinter and Conspiracy are fucking half-assed mediocre records.

I'm still a fan of the band, but that doesn't mean I can't be critical about their work. What pisses me off is rabid fucking fanboys who say "The Offspring is my favorite band, so they could pretty much take a shit in a CD jewel case and mass produce it and I'LL BE HAPPY!"

There's nothing wrong with having a critical view of an artists' work. Grow the fuck up.

There is nothing wrong with having a critical view, very true. Hell, to tell you the truth, when I first heard Original Prankster, it took 4 days of my friends constantly telling me this cool new song was actually The Offspring.
There is something wrong in judging the albums by their leading tracks however. CO1 had some pretty outstanding songs on there, and Splinter, well, if Ron hadn't left right before it, making it needful for The Offspring to get Josh in for a limited time, then maybe it would have been longer, and you guys that say it sucked would realise the quality of the songs on the album.

too_close_to_see
11-15-2004, 10:41 AM
The problem isn't Splinter was short........

fairy call
11-15-2004, 11:44 AM

This is just stupid, no one said change in the albums was wrong, we just said we didn't like the newer stuff, and I don't feel like apologizing for that. Ok, I loved everything they did before ixnay, and I don't like the things after it, what am I supposed to do? Do I have to force myself to like it? no!
As I said before, it's not cause you like something they did in the past, you have to like everything they do after that, and if that makes me a bad fan or whatever you want to call it, then so be it.
What's your problem? Some people have other opinions than you, deal with it, I don't start bitching about you cause you do like the newer stuff do I? And would I start bitching about you if you don't like a band that I like? no! I really don't get some people here...

Little_Miss_1565
11-15-2004, 01:01 PM
This comes up every time they release a new album, and it never ceases to be just as tired and boring.

People were excited about Americana at first, then there was some trepidation -- omg it's a different sound while i respect their right to do something different it's still kinda weird and what is UP with that million dollars thing?, etc. Now, Americana is considered one of their best albums--an assessment I completely aree with.

Same with Co1, just...more trepidation. I was really disappointed that "Original Prankster" was the lead single, and the video that went with it. "Pretty Fly" was parody. "Original Prankster" was self-caricature. There are some fucking amazing songs on Co1 that no one pays attention to because of OP and that makes me really sad. But anyway.

Splinter just wasn't my cup of tea. I bought the songs I liked from it on the iTunes music store and left it at that. Am I any less of a fan? Maybe. But I also know that I make my criticisms out of love. Granted, there are people on this board that I do not understand why they're on here at all--actual angry bitching about the band like they owe them something, which is stupid. I feel, though, that I don't help the band at all by the logic that if I am an Offspring fan, then I HAVE to LOVELOVELOVE anything they commit to tape in a studio. But I stand behind them on anything they want to do in the name of the Band, and if that's not good enough for you...well, fuck you.

No Brakes Boy
11-15-2004, 06:16 PM
Sometimes you hear the new album from a band and you think "f**k yeah this sounds ace" but then after a few months you've reverted back to listening to the older stuff and think "hmmm.....maybe the new album is mediorce compared to this". I don't care how the long the album is, whats important is that its a solid record. The first album is an example because its just full on aggressive punk whereas Splinter dips into all sorts of styles (and fair enough a band can experiment) but the trouble is that songs such as 'the worst hangover ever' just totally ruins the mood of the album.

chewie_wookee
11-15-2004, 06:30 PM
i think splinter is an album that contains a strange mix of different genres, and i liked it, but i think that their other albums are better

offspringbaby2004
11-15-2004, 08:28 PM
I have been thinking the same thing, everyone has been seeming to be putting down the Offspring lately. Example: dexter is a jerk, they don't care about fans, splinter sucks, they aren't good live, their setlist is to short, blah blah. Come on, I thought we were all Offspring fans here? I love the Offspring and that is not going to change, I just people would have more respect, if your a fan come here with positive comments please.

~mandy~

malumboman
11-15-2004, 08:31 PM
agreed. except with the splinter thing. i loved it at first, now, its just good. ixnay will never be beaten by anybody (but smash and ignition come close)

Stevo
11-15-2004, 08:33 PM
i love and appreciated it all....

just gimme a live concert dvd, and i'm ready for death....

Mr. Noodles
12-15-2004, 01:18 PM

I agree! I'm so damn sick of seeing people saying, "Splinter sucks! the Offsapring are fucking shit!"

saska de o...
12-15-2004, 01:24 PM
I agree! I'm so damn sick of seeing people saying, "Splinter sucks! the Offsapring are fucking shit!"
yeah! i agree!! i hate when people say "ugh.. do u like Offspring?? this fuckin' boysband??" or "do u like Offspring? u r odd.. Offspring is crass...." wrrr... then i hate these people.... :mad:

Hysteria
12-15-2004, 04:47 PM

I can't believe some of you people think like this.

DEXJR
12-15-2004, 05:55 PM
DuDES im glad tere is still people like u on this forum(real fans) IM A REAL FAN I HATE THEM GUYS IM WITH THE GERMAN GUY

CommonRider
12-15-2004, 05:58 PM
I have to admit Splinter dissapoints me still, but I guess anything would after waiting years for it. Hit that is still a great song tho, same with a couple others on there, it is a solid CD to say the least I just like their others better.

Offspring Pyro
12-15-2004, 06:42 PM
Yea i think splinter is a great album with a lot of new things that are cool. Im sick of my friends who are just gettin into offspring who only like smash and make fun of songs on spinter. Whatever they decide to im all for it.

GBH2
12-15-2004, 07:08 PM
wow Offspring Pyro....
...i just read your signature....

Offspring_01
12-15-2004, 07:10 PM
I think Splinters a great album, not their best, but still great. Its different, which is a good thing. Thats one of the many things I like about the Offspring. None of their albums sound the same.

Subsidal
12-19-2004, 05:21 AM
Every album is different but every album is just as great as the previous

bhg_rulz2
12-19-2004, 12:22 PM
i agree dude....all of u are true fans like i am :D!

i just love th eoffspring music....i love splinter...i think is a great album!

they cant do just the same everyday they come out with a new album...the have to htry new things :D....whatever they do.....i would like it a lot!!

i love the offspring :D!!!

killboybowerhead
12-19-2004, 12:36 PM
Musically i think Splinter is a huge advance.. everyone is better... but lyrically i thought it was a bit too dark, and i mean it seemed rushed. But 30 minutes is to short for an album especially from the godlike offspring. Offspring are my favorite band but i hope their next album is longer and I think a mistake they made was that reggae song Worst Hangover, and When youre in prison, and neocon... All together their are 9 real songs and Da Huis lyrics dont count for much. I love the album but yeah it was too many things but long.
Offspring rules and whoever says they suck live or have a short set is a dumbass. But yeah i mean dont choke your opinion because you are afraid to be critical.

killboybowerhead
12-19-2004, 12:37 PM
I did like the direction they were heading in, though. Sounded way more punky

OffspringPhreak
12-19-2004, 06:23 PM
it took me a bit to like Conspiracy(i had it for a year before i actually listened to it regularly). i love Splinter, but my only big beef with it is that it's only like 30 minutes long? i want more dammit, the Offspring kick ass, their old stuff is really great, and their newer stuff is kick ass too, i wish Noodles would solo a little bit more though. his solos sound really awesome.

i'll always be an Offspring fan regardless of what they do.

rock on

Embodude2004
12-19-2004, 09:14 PM
i still think splinter is there best album