PDA

View Full Version : Splinter is "too short" to be good

endlesst0m
07-13-2005, 09:53 AM
Who agrees Splinter is too short(11 songs!) of an album to be on the same level as other offspring albums?? i mean i think the songs on Splinter are pretty good, but i hate the fact that it has only 11 songs. Not too mention it annoys me how it ends with goofy songs like da hui and when your in prison...

Little_Miss_1565
07-13-2005, 09:58 AM
Ignition is just as short.

Marit
07-13-2005, 10:01 AM
Who agrees Splinter is too short(11 songs!) of an album to be on the same level as other offspring albums?? i mean i think the songs on Splinter are pretty good, but i hate the fact that it has only 11 songs. Not too mention it annoys me how it ends with goofy songs like da hui and when your in prison...

A longer album would most likely mean more "goofy" songs, so, I'm glad that the album isn't longer.

endlesst0m
07-13-2005, 10:02 AM
not really... i mean its close but Ignition has 12 real songs. Splinter has 11 and Neocon is more of an intro then a song. the way i see it ignition has 2 more songs then Splinter!

Dexter1989
07-13-2005, 10:04 AM
there is no point of comparisson between ignition and splinter. Ignition is awesome, splinter is just...

Brines
07-13-2005, 10:05 AM
Ignition kicks all kinds of ass though. Nothing on Splinter is that great.

The-Offspring-RuLe
07-13-2005, 10:06 AM
Splinter is good, so are the rest...end of discussion

CSX
07-13-2005, 10:09 AM
Ignition is just as short.

Ignition has 12 songs

Splinter has 10 proper songs, and imh Worst Hangover Ever isn't good enough to be classed as a proper song, so I count 9

I like splinter a lot, my offspring Best Of playlist has 4 songs from it which is more than any other album.

Couple more decent tracks instead of When your in Prison & Worst hangover and it would have been significantly better, up there with the pre-Americana stuff

After a fairly short Greatest Hits they'd better have learnt they're lesson and make Album 8 longer.

endlesst0m
07-13-2005, 10:10 AM
when i listen to Splinter, right when i start to get into it after Lighting Rod... then its just like 2 more goofy songs and its over. Punk cd's are supposed to have like 14 or 15 songs on them.

basically what im trying to say is, Splinter was doomed to be mediocore just because of the small amount of songs on it.

killer_queen
07-13-2005, 10:12 AM
Yes, Splinter is too short. Also it has very useless songs. That makes it shorter.

CommonRider
07-13-2005, 10:19 AM
yeah sorry Dexter. Neocon, When You're in Prison, and Worst Hangover Ever dont count, and Da Hui and CGMHAY are less than 2 minutes long. It is too short, id forgive it if it had more standout songs but there really isnt many

Preecey
07-13-2005, 10:24 AM
Ignition is obviously easily better than Splinter, but Splinter is still really awesome.

Camilamazed
07-13-2005, 11:16 AM
S/T is also short.....

Stop complaining.....

green_corn
07-13-2005, 12:02 PM
splinter's the worst album they've dun

Jinger Joe
07-13-2005, 12:05 PM
^^ why???

platinumpt
07-13-2005, 12:12 PM
Splinter IS short. Splinter HAS indeed a few.. ahh... I dunno... songs not so good as usual!! But it compensates a little with a few awesome, REALLY awesome songs, like The Noose, Longway Home, CGMHAY, Hit That, Lightning Rod, and so. But in my opinion that's not enough to make it as good as other of their albums, like IGNITION (and yeah, I agree, it's as small as Splinter, but
much better IMO), or CO1, or even Americana, which is a great album, even though I'm kinda bored of hearing it already.

Manic subsidal
07-13-2005, 12:43 PM
Splinter would of been maybe 7-10 minutes longer if the Offspring didn't take off those three songs. They better make some type of b-sides album thing soon because I wanna hear those songs!

Offspring-Fanatic
07-13-2005, 01:29 PM
why r u even making a deal if splinter is short? its got some frickin great songs!! like Lightning Rod, The Noose, Long Way Home, Never Gonna Find Me, Race Against Myself!!!

cantrepeat4385
07-13-2005, 01:39 PM
i dont care splinter is awsome its my favorite album :D

Kitten
07-13-2005, 01:46 PM

Quality over quantity.
Sure it ends with goofy songs, but you can't honestly say that you absolutly hate every fucking song off that album.

Aimeht
07-13-2005, 01:55 PM
Splinter is too short, but it's still a good album. And I like the 'goofy' songs too, they're funny.

Black Dragon
07-13-2005, 02:07 PM
[B] Idon't think it depends on the number of song, it depend on the quality of them. Splinter has only 11 song, thats just OK.

Aimeht
07-13-2005, 02:08 PM
[B] Idon't think it depends on the number of song, it depend on the quality of them.

Agree .

bd007h
07-13-2005, 02:09 PM
is it just a coincidence that the best 4 songs on the album are the only 4 that are over 3 minutes long??:

The Noose, Race Against Myself, Lightning Rod, Spare Me The Details

platinumpt
07-13-2005, 02:16 PM
is it just a coincidence that the best 4 songs on the album are the only 4 that are over 3 minutes long??:

The Noose, Race Against Myself, Lightning Rod, Spare Me The Details
I don't agree with that! CGMHAY and Long Way Home IMO are some of the best ever, and they aren't over 3 minutes

endlesst0m
07-13-2005, 09:51 PM
Stop saying that ignition is the same length as Splinter. It's not. Splinter only has 12 songs because its counting Necon and When Your In Prision. in reality it only has 10 songs. What the fuck kind of punk cd has 10 songs, there no way a punk album will be good having 10 songs. seriously, how are you gonna tell me thats not true...

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
07-13-2005, 10:47 PM
That's one of the major flaws of Splinter. It is too short. It's their shortest album since s/t. At least their s/t had 11 real, and not to mention, good songs. Splinter only really has 10; half of which are mediocre at best.

platinumpt
07-14-2005, 02:21 AM
Well I'd say I'm glad it's that short, if they were planning to put more songs like worst hangover ever and shit

Amazed
07-14-2005, 03:28 AM
splinter's the worst album they've dun

the worst?! :eek: I love Splinter! Actually, it was the first album I bought. I had only downloaded their songs before, and I thought they were great, so I thought "I'll buy an album" and then I bought Splinter. That's how I became an offspring fan :)

platinumpt
07-14-2005, 03:35 AM
the worst?! :eek: I love Splinter! Actually, it was the first album I bought. I had only downloaded their songs before, and I thought they were great, so I thought "I'll buy an album" and then I bought Splinter. That's how I became an offspring fan :)
But you own all the others before Splinter, at least in mp3 don't you??? But I understand you, the album that makes us a fan of a band will always be present in our mind, like my case with Smash, and, a few years later (during which I almost didn't listen to The Offspring), when I discovered Ixnay, in late 1998... and those are my favs :)

endlesst0m
07-15-2005, 12:13 PM
splinter is shorter then my weiner

Amazed
07-16-2005, 08:15 AM
But you own all the others before Splinter, at least in mp3 don't you??? But I understand you, the album that makes us a fan of a band will always be present in our mind, like my case with Smash, and, a few years later (during which I almost didn't listen to The Offspring), when I discovered Ixnay, in late 1998... and those are my favs :)

I don't have all the albums (yet). So far, Co1 and Splinter are the only ones I own. It's kind of hard to find the others in stores, and I don't have enough money to buy them all right now. I've only been an offspring fan for like a year or something... But I have downloaded most songs (there are still some songs I haven't heard, mostly the erlier stuff). One day I'll have all the albums, but that might take some time :p anyway, I hope you don't think not owning all the CDs makes me any less offspring fan, 'cause I really love them :rolleyes:

platinumpt
07-16-2005, 10:08 AM
I don't have all the albums (yet). So far, Co1 and Splinter are the only ones I own. It's kind of hard to find the others in stores, and I don't have enough money to buy them all right now. I've only been an offspring fan for like a year or something... But I have downloaded most songs (there are still some songs I haven't heard, mostly the erlier stuff). One day I'll have all the albums, but that might take some time :p anyway, I hope you don't think not owning all the CDs makes me any less offspring fan, 'cause I really love them :rolleyes:
It would be good if you at least get to know their earlier stuff. That's essential:)

endlesst0m
07-16-2005, 02:00 PM
yeah well your missing out on the old offspring where they had more then 10 songs on a CD.

kickass0987654321
07-16-2005, 02:18 PM
it has my second favorite song by them on it so i dont agree with u.

Amazed
07-17-2005, 09:45 AM
It would be good if you at least get to know their earlier stuff. That's essential:)

yeah.. but like I said before: I'm planning on buying all their albums when I have time and money. Until then I'll just download the old songs :)

punk_riOt
07-18-2005, 03:56 AM
Does this look infected? by Sum 41 was a great album, and it only went for half an hour or so. Most of the time it's never really a question of how long the album goes for it's the quality, and i seriously don't believe Splinter was that bad.

Idiot
07-18-2005, 08:09 AM
I admit I thought Splinter would have been longer, but at the end of the day, its the quality of the songs that count, not the quantity.

~SoMeThInG To BeLiEvE iN~
07-18-2005, 09:50 AM
Splinter is short but it just have one bad song called Hit That..! I Hate the beat of this song..

The-Offspring-RuLe
07-18-2005, 10:01 AM
Splinter rocks! as do all the other albums, it maybe is short but i don't care it's an Offspring album!

Preecey
07-18-2005, 10:03 AM
Splinter rocks! as do all the other albums, it maybe is short but i don't care it's an Offspring album!

I agree with the coffee addicted loon.

The-Offspring-RuLe
07-18-2005, 10:05 AM
I agree with the coffee addicted loon.

Loon, come on go easy!

Preecey
07-18-2005, 10:06 AM
Loon, come on go easy!
Ok, but the coffee addiction stands. Besides, I was trying to sound like Side-Show Mel (the one with a bone in his hair) from The Simpsons.

blackballs
07-18-2005, 12:28 PM
Yeah it's short but it's good, but it's probably more for Offspring fans, I think you have to appreciate their style of music to get the fullest of what Splinter has to offer.