PDA

View Full Version : Downhill after Conspiracy of one

Dexter_Noodles_Greg K_Ron
07-13-2005, 10:59 AM
who else thinks that the offspring went downhill after Americana.

im not saying they went bad,just downhill ;)

they have had the odd few good songs on other albums (cant get my head around you)but i like the old stuff much better :)

now all flame and rip apart my opinion as this is what always happens on forums ;)

Jinger Joe
07-13-2005, 11:10 AM
theyve only released 1 new album since co1, but splinter isnt their best, so its a fair point.

HeadAroundU
07-13-2005, 11:10 AM
No!!You are wrong !
They are going downhill since single I'll be waiting/Blackball.

Jinger Joe
07-13-2005, 11:13 AM
no. theyve not gone downhill, but theyve not released a really great song since americana, but they still rock as much as ever

platinumpt
07-13-2005, 11:15 AM
no. theyve not gone downhill, but theyve not released a really great song since americana, but they still rock as much as ever
I guess the better ever since Americana is, undoubtfully, Can't Repeat!!! And it is a great song, but not as successful as the other ones, commercially. But a song doesn't need to have commercial success to be a great song! What do you think?

Jinger Joe
07-13-2005, 11:17 AM
I guess the better ever since Americana is, undoubtfully, Can't Repeat!!! And it is a great song, but not as successful as the other ones, commercially. But a song doesn't need to have commercial success to be a great song! What do you think?
i agree, i loved one fine day, but they didnt even release that as a single. i just think tkaa was their last truly memerable song

platinumpt
07-13-2005, 11:20 AM
i agree, i loved one fine day, but they didnt even release that as a single. i just think tkaa was their last truly memerable song
Yep, One Fine Day was a hell of a song! And TKAA was memorable, alright, really great! Even though Pretty Fly had so much more success among the public... oh well...

Oh, by the way, your avatar is great. I love that album.

Jinger Joe
07-13-2005, 11:22 AM
Thanks. i reall like ures 2. lol

Jinger Joe
07-13-2005, 11:23 AM
pretty fly was another great song, but the solo in tkaa made it just that bit better

bd007h
07-13-2005, 12:01 PM
Personally, I think The Offspring went downhill after Ixnay On The Hombre.

My least favorite Offspring album (Americana) and my favorite Offspring album (Ixnay On The Hombre) we're released barely over a year apart. Now that's a big drop off. I still think Americana kicks ass, but I don't like it as much as the others.

blackballs
07-13-2005, 12:12 PM
who else thinks that the offspring went downhill after Americana.

im not saying they went bad,just downhill ;)

they have had the odd few good songs on other albums (cant get my head around you)but i like the old stuff much better :)

now all flame and rip apart my opinion as this is what always happens on forums ;)

It depends on how you define downhill. I you mean this by their commercial success than I would agree, but in terms of their actual music, I would have to disagree. Sure they may not have as many fans as in the early and late 90's but that hasn't affected their music. I don't think their music has gotten worse it's just the fact that they always try to keep things fresh, Ixnay tried to differentiate itself from Smash and yet I think it still turned out great. And Splinter was an attempt to just not re-hash any of their old material. I'm glad that all their albums have been some what different, because that is what keeps their music fresh and unique.

Offspring-Fanatic
07-13-2005, 12:23 PM
i don't think they've gone downhill at all. i think the warped tour is going to be good for them. splinter had some great songs like Lightning Rod, but im glad Hit That was it because thats what pulled me into them. I bought splinter...and the story goes on. Lightning Rod should have been another single. a better one.

Shieka_keep 'em separated
07-13-2005, 12:42 PM
I guess after Ixnay, they changed their style, so to speak

I prefer smash and ixnay, but co1 had some pretty good songs on it....i just think americana is there worst album so far..followed by splinter...but you have to admit they cant stay the same style as smash, ixnay forever can they?

platinumpt
07-13-2005, 01:13 PM
If one take a look to all albums (excluding GH of course), we can see all of them are very different from each other. I don't think they followed one same style until smash, and then turned it all around from ixnay to splinter. I mean, even the 2 before Smash were totally different from this one!! They were always good, and will be always good, 4ever!!! The Offspring rules in our hearts, even though it doesn't rule on the charts... but who cares about that anyway,right?

Jack the Tripper
07-13-2005, 01:18 PM
No!!You are wrong !
They are going downhill since single I'll be waiting/Blackball.
You just keep getting stupider, don't you?

HeadAroundU
07-13-2005, 03:55 PM
You just keep getting stupider, don't you?
What can I say?
This thread is amazing!!! :D

Kerr
07-13-2005, 04:09 PM
I think they started to go downhill at that stage, yeah, or even since Americana.

punk_riOt
07-13-2005, 04:42 PM
There's only been one album after CO1, we'll see how the next album turns to truly tell if they have lost their touch or not.

platinumpt
07-13-2005, 05:17 PM
Let's hope! Splinter is cool, although a little with too much ups and downs, IMO... but I think that Can't Repeat is a good incentive, it's a great song, so I believe their next record will blow up with everything!!!