WebDudette
07-13-2005, 12:52 PM
I love the song but to each there own.

Aimeht
07-13-2005, 12:53 PM
May I ask why you don't?

Black Dragon
07-13-2005, 01:03 PM
Maybe that song is not important for you. But it help me a lot, when I lost someone really important to me. After that the song realy mean something.

cantrepeat4385
07-13-2005, 01:03 PM
May I ask why you don't?

its not the offsprings sound. it sounds like a pop rock song or a glam rock song

Aimeht
07-13-2005, 01:06 PM
its not the offspring sound. it sounds like a pop rock song or a glam rock song
I love the song. I think it still sounds as the Offspring, and I understand if they wanted to try something new. Gone Away help people all over.

Preecey
07-13-2005, 01:06 PM
No, I don't like it but I think it's a good song. It has to be, because so many people like it. I don't like it possibly because I've listened to it too many times, but it's annoying to listen to sometimes.

killer_queen
07-13-2005, 01:24 PM
its not the offsprings sound. it sounds like a pop rock song or a glam rock song
Oh yes, you're a hard rocker, you don't like pop and you're a fucking idiot.

Preecey
07-13-2005, 01:26 PM
Pwned... :cool:

Jack the Tripper
07-13-2005, 01:29 PM
:eek: ! :eek:

cantrepeat4385
07-13-2005, 01:53 PM

...ok i never said i was a hard rocker :rolleyes: i just dont like pop

thats why i listen to THE OFFSPRING!!!!! :mad:

Hypodermic_89
07-13-2005, 02:02 PM
I like Gone away but it isn't even close to being one of my favorites. It's too slow for my liking. i like songs like All I Want, Come Out Swinging, Long Way Home etc..

cantrepeat4385
07-13-2005, 02:34 PM
I like Gone away but it isn't even close to being one of my favorites. It's too slow for my liking. i like songs like All I Want, Come Out Swinging, Long Way Home etc..

i love you :) but i still dont like gone away all i want is awsome :D

London_Spleeny
07-13-2005, 02:44 PM
the offspring caters for everybody, smash (the best album) was hard core punk rockers, splinter, conspiracy of one and americana are pop punk album's, and ignition and the self entitled ones were proper political punk just as the sex pistols and the clash started the whole movement. Brits are the godfathers of punk, it used to be to do with politics, i.e the sex pistols shouting down the monarchy, the clash writing about the racism, and the offspring on the first gulf war, (kill the president, jennifer lost the war, baghdad)

Gone away is of ixnay which is a fuckin sick album.. but smash is still best.

HeadAroundU
07-13-2005, 02:46 PM
am i the only one on thesee borrds who dosent like gone away :confused:

i hope not
well...you are new fun!
After 3 years it will be your favourite song!
trust me:)

cantrepeat4385
07-13-2005, 02:50 PM
well...you are new fun!

..ok sure :rolleyes:

Manic subsidal
07-13-2005, 03:42 PM
Seriously it will. I didn't like gone away at first either, but it grew on me.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
07-13-2005, 09:53 PM
I've always loved Gone Away. I seriously think The Offspring should do more songs like it. I prefer their serious stuff over the goofy shit. I like some of the earlier goofy shit, but I think they went a bit overboard with The Worst Hangover Ever and When You're In Prison.

Manic subsidal
07-13-2005, 10:09 PM
I've always loved Gone Away. I seriously think The Offspring should do more songs like it. I prefer their serious stuff over the goofy shit. I like some of the earlier goofy shit, but I think they went a bit overboard with The Worst Hangover Ever and When You're In Prison.

Oh definitely, their old goofy stuff is way better then songs like worst hangover. Here's a couple I love - Burn it up, and beheaded. But really, I think they have done enough jokes period. I thought they want each album to be different? I hope this new album won't have any worst hangover's :(

vintagepunkrock7
07-13-2005, 10:14 PM
i have always liked the song but i wasnt that crazy about it, then i heard it live and i like it so much more now.

platinumpt
07-14-2005, 01:16 AM
Gone Away... is beautiful... and it sounds great! I don't agree that it looks like pop rock... and even if it were, who cares, as long as it sounded great...

Hypodermic_89
07-14-2005, 02:15 AM
well...you are new fun!

I've been an Offspring fan for six years and still don't like Gone Away that much :)

platinumpt
07-14-2005, 02:21 AM
Actually, I didn't need 3 years, the first time was enough! It's one of my favs since 1998, which is date since I have ixnay.

Gabriel
07-14-2005, 03:00 AM
well, I think it's one of their best songs, it's really beautyful. but it's all Offspring, they're making songs in many different styles, so everyone can find something great...
I for example, don't like their funny songs, but I very very like serious songs (end of the line etc.), and speed songs. But beautiful sogs like 'gone away' or 'forever and a day' are my fav

Dan420
07-14-2005, 12:33 PM
i dont like it much either, its a decent song, just not really to my tastes is all...i usually skip over it

smileemptysoul44
07-14-2005, 01:49 PM
u dont like it cuz ur an idiot

toadlicker
07-14-2005, 01:59 PM
is it just me or does the song remind anyone of "mad world" from the donny darko soundtrack

IdiotOfTheDay
07-14-2005, 02:05 PM
is it just me or does the song remind anyone of "mad world" from the donny darko soundtrack
It's not just "from the Donnie Darko soundtrack." It was originally by Tears for Fears. Gary Jules covered it, and they used it in the movie.
But yeah, now that I think about it, it does.
Anyway, Gone Away is an awesome song. I loved it before I even liked the Offspring (actuall I didn't know who it was) and once I was over my friend's house, somewhere around the time when I started listening to the Offspring, and she started playing Ixnay on the Hombre. So when Gone Away came on, I was like "WHOA this song's by the Offspring?!" -spaz- "KICK-ASS, MAN!"
I used to think it was "Heaven can wait," not "Heaven's so far away."