PDA

View Full Version : kill to live

ruroken
07-13-2005, 04:59 PM
"Thou shalt not kill"?!?!?! Pfft. We HAVE to kill to live!

I don't believe that a "higher power" wouldn't treat each creature equally. That'd just be lame. Inequality even within the "creator".

That is, if there even IS a "higher power".

Sort of off topic:
I also think that most things have been taken WAY out of hand [when they are, or become, a religion]. I have a bigger belief that the Bible is fiction, and that people with no faith decided to give all of their faith to something they weren't sure even existed. Then again, that's a good thing....

Sin Studly
07-13-2005, 05:34 PM
The Old Testament actually says "Thou shalt not murder". And inequality is a part of life, I honestly can't imagine a world where all living things are created equal. Equality is just a pipe-dream.

As for your little off topic aside, most religious people agree that the Bible is just a collection of fictional stories designed to impart morals and guidelines on how to live your life. Only the fanatical morons (ie; Baptists) think it's the divine truth and 'written by God'.

ruroken
07-13-2005, 05:45 PM
Not true. I know several people who try to shove that "written by God" shit in my face.

Sin Studly
07-13-2005, 06:04 PM
And I can assure you they're all ignorant morons. Since the oldest known copy of the scriptures was dated at 600 years after the death of Christ, and since then has been completely transformed in its thousands of translations and revisions, there's no possible way that the original scriptures match with the New Testaments.

Theologans counter this argument by claiming that the revisions and translations are God's will, that He's revising his Bible over time and changing it to reflect the changes in society. This argument doesn't stand up to the fact that there are 20+ different modern versions of the Bible, all claiming to be the correct one.

ruroken
07-13-2005, 06:07 PM
They're worse at counter arguements than me... or are they?
Are there any people hardcore enough to own and read all of them?

(offtopic)
Is there a satanic version?

Sin Studly
07-13-2005, 06:11 PM
Well, they shouldn't really be arguing at all, since faith and logic are pretty much incompatible subjects. And no, nobodies read every single version of the Bible (that hasn't rotted away already), since you'd need to know every written language currently used on the planet, plus a couple of dead ones.

And yes, there's a Satanic Version written by Anton Lavey. If this sort of shit interests you I can email you copies of the Laveyan Bible, the King James Bible (Old and New Testaments) and the Al'Quran. I think I've got Dianetics and the Book of Mormon somewhere on my computer too.

ruroken
07-13-2005, 06:15 PM
Sweet .

Sin Studly
07-13-2005, 06:23 PM
My hotmails fuckin up and won't let me attach anything. If you know a file hosting site or have MSN, gimme the url or add me. Otherwise I'll try again tomorrow.

You want all them texts?

ruroken
07-13-2005, 06:25 PM
I don't have MSN nor do I know a good file hosting site.

Sure, I guess. Unless they'll take too much space...

Noodles is gay
07-13-2005, 06:44 PM
If this sort of shit interests you I can email you copies of ...the King James Bible (Old and New Testaments) .

...any chance that you could send me that please? I know you really like me and all...:o

And on the 'Sort of off topic' bit; the gods were created merely because people didn't understand what was going on and assumed that some 'higher being' must lie behind it all (in my opinion, anyway).

Sin Studly
07-13-2005, 06:48 PM
Unblock me on MSN and I will.

Noodles is gay
07-13-2005, 06:49 PM
cool, cheers - I haven't been on msn in ages.

Jebus
07-13-2005, 10:52 PM
My hotmails fuckin up and won't let me attach anything. If you know a file hosting site or have MSN, gimme the url or add me. Otherwise I'll try again tomorrow.

You want all them texts?
Use http://www.yousendit.com and post the link on this thread. I'm also intrested.

Darawk
07-13-2005, 11:09 PM
I wrote this by itself a little while ago...so the beginning will seem like it doesn't really fit the topic of this thread, but it'll become relevant as you read on.

Truth is an illusion of contextual perception. How do we know that what we perceive is real? What absolute authority is there that we can use to determine what is, and what is not? And if we were to ask such an authority...how would we know that we correctly interpreted it's response? Maybe an acid trip is reality, and the rest of your life is a hallucination. Who's to say that even our most basic conceptions of reasoning and logic are correct? Every single thing that we take for granted is based on one syllogic assumption or another. We have absolutely no reason to believe that the things we see are actually there. But we do believe it...because we can touch them and feel them, and therefore they "must" exist. What does that really imply though? Simply that two senses are deceiving you in parallel. Or not, maybe it's all accurate, and we really do see the world as it is. History on the other hand...tells us otherwise. How many times have we(we as in humans in general) believed something so firmly as to die for it, and later found out it was completely false? Hundreds, thousands, millions of times this has happened, and yet today, we still hold so tightly to our own convictions about science, religion, life, etc....One has to wonder...why? Have we learned nothing from our own history? It would be a perfectly safe assumption to assume that everything we "know" today about the world, the universe, biology, physics, and all the rest of the sciences, is completely false. Simply based on the history of these subjects. There is only one right answer to the various questions posed by these fields...and every other answer we've come up with has been proven wrong. The answers of today are just waiting for their own obsolesence, traded in for another wrong answer. Religion as well...how many generations of religion has the world seen? How firmly did each sect adhere to and believe it's own ideas? Most died for them, on opposite sides of a war for concepts that were essentially mirror images of one another. I ask...why? Millions of years of evolution...and we still can't accept the fact that we are wrong. A million years from now...we'll still be wrong. Every religion has been changed throughout history...the respective books have been re-written dozens of times, changing each time. In each iteration...people believe just as devoutly as before, even though the ideas are different. It's almost as though each new generation of theism is completely unaware of those prior to it. Science is the same way. Science is faith-based...faith that we are perceiving things correctly, even though there is no way to know for sure. Every new evolution of science is persecuted in it's infancy, and then touted as self-evident in it's adulthood, just like religion. And the cycle continues again, with another new idea and another new religion. And this is the nature of our "progress"....

Noodles is gay
07-14-2005, 08:31 AM
There's a theory some guy has that the Old Testament is out by 1000 years, that Jesus was born around 1000ish AD.

Don't ask me for a link, I've been trying to find it and I can't find the damn thing. Anyway, he recons if you look at the astrological data and other historical information that can be fairly accurately verified you need to shift it about 1000 years forward. Then everything matches up.

But there is evidence against that theory - such as Persian writings.

Oh, and Jesus is mentioned in the New Testament so surely you mean that that is out by 1000 years.....? Which cannot be right because the Roman records help to date it pretty exactly.

Noodles is gay
07-14-2005, 08:38 AM
Jesus was born around 1000ish AD.

The Roman empire fell in AD 476 and the Romans crucified Jesus...the man is wrong.

Mota___Boy
07-14-2005, 09:16 AM
I always took religion as a way for people to feel like we really are important which in the course of time we aren't.
Heaven and Hell and an after life just seems like they're saying "But it can't all end once i die, my life really meant something, and i shall be rewarded!"

Reality check:- IMO You aint getting shit.

ruroken
07-14-2005, 12:43 PM
You don't KNOW that.

RXP
07-14-2005, 12:46 PM
Haha Sin and Ruroken getting along. Who woulda thought.

Sin Studly
07-14-2005, 01:08 PM
He's trying to make decent threads, I respect that.

NES
07-14-2005, 04:34 PM
Content Deleted

Offspring-Fanatic
07-14-2005, 09:46 PM
someone else get on his case! im through with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

ruroken
07-14-2005, 09:48 PM
Calm down. He only posted 6 times then left because no one paid any attention to him.

Noodles is gay
07-15-2005, 10:11 AM
^ ah.....that is very weird (I totally don't believe it though), I may check out that book from tut library.

still things don't make sense because of ancient authors etc...